Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
1 day ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

The Phantom of the Opera (Blu-ray)
$13.55
20 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ultraman Zero Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

300 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Old 04-07-2017, 12:13 AM   #381

Feb 2009
Magnolia, NJ

After all the talk about pro-amps compared to the usual class A/B which are the most common I decided to give one a try. I picked up a Crown XLS Drive Core 1002. At 215w/8ohm I am now a convert. The amp runs dead silent, was a breeze to set up, has many features that you can customize to your system needs. If that wasn't enough the amp is outstanding in it's performance. Now don't get me wrong, I've had my share of class A/B amps but now after experiencing what the Crown brings to the table the money class A/B amps sell for has me scratching my head. Come on over to the dark side...give one a try! You won't be disappointed.
Thanks given by:
sonic_debauchery (05-05-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #382

Jun 2014
The Northern Plains

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsall001 View Post
After all the talk about pro-amps compared to the usual class A/B which are the most common I decided to give one a try. I picked up a Crown XLS Drive Core 1002. At 215w/8ohm I am now a convert. The amp runs dead silent, was a breeze to set up, has many features that you can customize to your system needs. If that wasn't enough the amp is outstanding in it's performance. Now don't get me wrong, I've had my share of class A/B amps but now after experiencing what the Crown brings to the table the money class A/B amps sell for has me scratching my head. Come on over to the dark side...give one a try! You won't be disappointed.
I've had its precursor, the XLS 1000, for six years now and to be honest, it's as good or better than any traditional power amp I've owned (Hafler, Sanyo, NAD, Rotel). Clean, neutral sound and power galore for any normal domestic listening room. A bonus is that's it's a featherweight at 9 or 10 pounds. I can carry it in one hand.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:43 PM   #383

Jan 2013
Bel Air, MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmar View Post
I've had its precursor, the XLS 1000, for six years now and to be honest, it's as good or better than any traditional power amp I've owned (Hafler, Sanyo, NAD, Rotel). Clean, neutral sound and power galore for any normal domestic listening room. A bonus is that's it's a featherweight at 9 or 10 pounds. I can carry it in one hand.
I have a XLS-1000 that I use for a subwoofer amplifier and also for parties/events outside and it performs admirably. To me though, the noise floor is not good enough to be used in a serious high fidelity audio listening environment.

Last edited by whitey019; 04-28-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:17 AM   #384

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
I have a XLS-1000 that I use for a subwoofer amplifier and also for parties/events outside and it performs admirably. To me though, the noise floor is not good enough to be used in a serious high fidelity audio listening environment.
You have to go up to the 2500 to have a decent noise floor for two channel use.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:20 PM   #385

Jun 2014
The Northern Plains

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey019 View Post
Well then, I guess I'm not a serious listener. But I like it just fine.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #386
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmar View Post
Well then, I guess I'm not a serious listener. But I like it just fine.
Yes you are a serious listener, or you would have never purchased amp's like NAD, Rotel as you stated earlier . These are considered to be top shelf companies that does not build junk .
Old 09-24-2017, 06:00 PM   #387

Jul 2011
Columbus,Ohio

I just purchased a crown XLS 1002 to power my 2 definitive 9060 towers.They sound wonderful now.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (09-26-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems