Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24
7 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
10 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
11 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
11 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
11 hrs ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
5 hrs ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
8 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$39.99
23 hrs ago
Eyes of a Stranger (Blu-ray)
$24.99
5 hrs ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
10 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
 
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2016, 04:17 PM   #361
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
463
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatt View Post
I was wondering when this thread was going to pop up again. It's been a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
I'm wondering what other brands the average Emo owner considers before taking the plunge ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:29 AM   #362
Chizzap30 Chizzap30 is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2009
Michigan
20
140
Default

I've heard emotiva... not impressed. Parasound smokes it any day of the week.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:08 AM   #363
sandman922 sandman922 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
sandman922's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
florida
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzap30 View Post
I've heard emotiva... not impressed. Parasound smokes it any day of the week.
To you they might but to others maybe not, I've listened to the halo series and loved the sound of them but don't feel they smoke my emotiva separates set up. I listened to b&w 802 diamond series with 15k worth of marantz mono block amps and didn't enjoy it as much as my system or the 804d with a Bryston 4bs amp and pre amp that was in the room next to it.

So I'm an emotiva owner and would consider many different brands of amps like naim, Hegel, parasound, belles, and many more I just haven't found anything I've heard that has made me say I gotta have this and get ride of what I currently have.
Not saying that won't happen someday but for now I'm more than happy with what I have. So I say go and listen to as much gear as you can and buy what you think is best! Sometimes it might be the most expensive others not but don't limit yourself! Its a great hobby that many people can enjoy in different ways. One day I would like to move up the dynaudio chain to some new contours but that doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't like something else better.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is anyone who loves audio shouldn't let their selves be limited to any one brand go out and take a listen and let your ears make the choice!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ldgibson76 (12-15-2016), onyxbfly (12-26-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #364
Funky54 Funky54 is offline
Active Member
 
Funky54's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Florida
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman922 View Post
To you they might but to others maybe not, I've listened to the halo series and loved the sound of them but don't feel they smoke my emotiva separates set up. I listened to b&w 802 diamond series with 15k worth of marantz mono block amps and didn't enjoy it as much as my system or the 804d with a Bryston 4bs amp and pre amp that was in the room next to it.

So I'm an emotiva owner and would consider many different brands of amps like naim, Hegel, parasound, belles, and many more I just haven't found anything I've heard that has made me say I gotta have this and get ride of what I currently have.
Not saying that won't happen someday but for now I'm more than happy with what I have. So I say go and listen to as much gear as you can and buy what you think is best! Sometimes it might be the most expensive others not but don't limit yourself! Its a great hobby that many people can enjoy in different ways. One day I would like to move up the dynaudio chain to some new contours but that doesn't mean somebody else wouldn't like something else better.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is anyone who loves audio shouldn't let their selves be limited to any one brand go out and take a listen and let your ears make the choice!
Felt the same way until my buddy hooked up Atmos with his Marantz 7702 mkii. All I'm gonna say is my Emotiva is going up for sale. In truth I don't like the Emotiva I have as well as the Outlaw 950 I had.

Last edited by Funky54; 12-21-2016 at 05:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:38 PM   #365
stevo stevo is offline
Active Member
 
stevo's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Langley , British Columbia Canada
63
13
1
Default

I think this day and age with the competition out there , with so many awesome choices with high end or entry level... I don't get the appeal for Emotiva ... I have listened to them on a few demos , yeah for there price point there better than most recievers but come on spend some more money and get a real piece of audio gear... Just saying
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:45 PM   #366
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
I think this day and age with the competition out there , with so many awesome choices with high end or entry level... I don't get the appeal for Emotiva ... I have listened to them on a few demos , yeah for there price point there better than most recievers but come on spend some more money and get a real piece of audio gear... Just saying
You say that Emotiva is better than most Receiver's, are you speaking about EMO-AVR's or the EMO- External Amp's they are known for?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #367
stevo stevo is offline
Active Member
 
stevo's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Langley , British Columbia Canada
63
13
1
Default

No comparing the Emo amps and there processors sound quality to some of the better receiver manufactures . Not a fair comparison though a pre/pro amp combo to most recievers. Unless your listening to some of the high end recievers like... Macintosh,Arcam,Cambridge,Rotel, Anthem and others....That can give some of the pre/pro amp combos a run for there money in sound quality.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (05-30-2017), TheHills44060 (11-23-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #368
Billy13 Billy13 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Billy13's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......
436
115
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
I think this day and age with the competition out there , with so many awesome choices with high end or entry level... I don't get the appeal for Emotiva ... I have listened to them on a few demos , yeah for there price point there better than most recievers but come on spend some more money and get a real piece of audio gear... Just saying


Not everyone is made of money.........Just saying.

I just picked up a pre owned XDA-1, I like it's build & SQ. Solid.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
onyxbfly (11-21-2018), solarrdadd (11-16-2018)
Old 01-05-2020, 03:03 AM   #369
mystickid mystickid is offline
Member
 
Oct 2009
Default

How do Emotiva amps compare against the Monoprice Monolith's?

I'm planning on buying my very first amp for my HT system and would like get something with great sq and at a good value for the money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:02 PM   #370
nonametofame nonametofame is offline
Expert Member
 
Apr 2008
388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystickid View Post
How do Emotiva amps compare against the Monoprice Monolith's?

I'm planning on buying my very first amp for my HT system and would like get something with great sq and at a good value for the money.
Monoprice is the king in value for performance right now. Designed by ATI, made in the US, and very sturdy and well built. Cheaper than emotiva but i do hear it runs hot, and are quite heavy by design. Ive owned a few emotivas and really like the styling, as they look very premium in person. And I would say they compete admirably with my parasound halo amps, though not as refined and controlled. Good luck.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
prerich (04-12-2021)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Addicted!!! Newbie Discussion kdawq 131 08-23-2013 03:25 PM
Anyone else addicted? General Chat Dsella 18 01-23-2010 09:35 PM
Are you addicted to Blu??? Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology WaRe 11 11-16-2007 09:50 PM
Ok, so I'm addicted. PS3 Cyorg 29 09-14-2007 08:21 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:10 PM.