Best PS4 Game Deals


Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
It Takes Two (PS4)
$29.99
 
NBA 2K21 (PS4)
$19.99
 
NHL 21 Ultimate Edition (PS4)
$24.99
 
The Yakuza Remastered Collection (PS4)
$39.99
 
Resident Evil 3 (PS4)
$25.50
 
Nier Replicant Ver.1.22474487139 (PS4)
$59.11
3 hrs ago
Terminator: Resistance (PS4)
$50.80
 
My Hero One's Justice 2 (PS4)
$29.99
1 day ago
Marvel's Avengers (PS4)
$24.99
 
NBA 2K20 (PS4)
$15.99
1 day ago
Those Who Remain (PS4)
$14.99
 
Persona 5 Strikers (PS4)
$58.73
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2018, 06:41 AM   #21
Mr. Chaverria Mr. Chaverria is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2013
Avondale, Arizona
102
1579
Default

Why would anyone want just this one game as a disc? Seems like a waste of plastic. If it was all 4? Sure. I'd get it. But it's just the remaster of Onimusha 1. How big could that thing be to warrant a disc today?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #22
professorwho professorwho is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
professorwho's Avatar
 
Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA
31
382
64
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Chaverria View Post
Why would anyone want just this one game as a disc? Seems like a waste of plastic. If it was all 4? Sure. I'd get it. But it's just the remaster of Onimusha 1. How big could that thing be to warrant a disc today?
Onimusha 1 on PS2 is 2.6GB, so if I had to guess, 5 or 6GB at max? Depends on how much Capcom remasters it. Devil May Cry HD Collection is 12.1GB for 3 games, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 is a similar amount for 2, so realistically, between 4-6GB most likely.

The reason it's coming out on disc is for collectors (like me) who prefer physical copies. In this case, I'll be importing the Japanese Switch release, but the standard US release should be identical, save for platform and cartridge vs Blu-ray.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Weirded Wonder (10-15-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #23
Nerdkiller likes BD Nerdkiller likes BD is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Nerdkiller likes BD's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads
48
798
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorwho View Post
Onimusha 1 on PS2 is 2.6GB, so if I had to guess, 5 or 6GB at max? Depends on how much Capcom remasters it. Devil May Cry HD Collection is 12.1GB for 3 games, and Final Fantasy X/X-2 is a similar amount for 2, so realistically, between 4-6GB most likely.

The reason it's coming out on disc is for collectors (like me) who prefer physical copies. In this case, I'll be importing the Japanese Switch release, but the standard US release should be identical, save for platform and cartridge vs Blu-ray.
How big was the Resident Evil Remake when it came out to HD devices?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #24
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
30
458
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdkiller likes BD View Post
How big was the Resident Evil Remake when it came out to HD devices?
PSN says 15.26GB and XBL says 14.8GB. Quite a jump from the generation before that was just over 5GB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #25
Nerdkiller likes BD Nerdkiller likes BD is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Nerdkiller likes BD's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads
48
798
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
PSN says 15.26GB and XBL says 14.8GB. Quite a jump from the generation before that was just over 5GB.
So we can expect this port to fall along those lines, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:49 AM   #26
Mr. Chaverria Mr. Chaverria is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2013
Avondale, Arizona
102
1579
Default

Downloaded this game. Had some credit to use. Meh. Not impressed. Some things I knew could never be fixed visually, the CG videos for example. It's higher resolution and it works. Some things look great even this cleaned up today. Some models look bad for sure. . And it looks like Onimusha, so that's good. The audio seems to be there but nothing amazing to stand out. Jesus... the dubbing still sucks. The also changed some music. Samanosuke's intro in the cg intro is changed for sure. It took me out of it quickly cuz now it's a generic intro cuz of the music.

But... they still have the dubtitles. That pisses me off to no end. After all these goddamn years. They bring this thing back and the dubtitles are still there.

I love this game. It's so damn good. I just hate how they did this game. On its base? It's still a great game with a cool look. Mechanically it hasn't aged well but that's what happens in a remaster. So one can't knock that one too bad for that.

The audio to me is the biggest knock to the remaster.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:51 AM   #27
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

I always felt that Onimusha would have got a remake for modern audiences but i think the closest game to what it was (Having not finished the original, i was young) is Nioh and has pretty good reviews and having played it is pretty solid.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:43 AM   #28
darkness2918 darkness2918 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
darkness2918's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
1
58
1147
257
146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I always felt that Onimusha would have got a remake for modern audiences but i think the closest game to what it was (Having not finished the original, i was young) is Nioh and has pretty good reviews and having played it is pretty solid.
Ive always loved the Onimusha series. I tried Nioh about a month ago cause I found it for cheap & honestly didn't like it all that much & took it back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #29
SlaughterX SlaughterX is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
SlaughterX's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Thornton, CO
24
120
928
6
1
Default

I wish they would have remastered the Xbox version (Genma Onimusha) of this game instead of the vanilla version...
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Musashi (01-22-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 07:24 AM   #30
Mr. Chaverria Mr. Chaverria is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Jan 2013
Avondale, Arizona
102
1579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
I wish they would have remastered the Xbox version (Genma Onimusha) of this game instead of the vanilla version...
Never got to Genma, guess I just forgot about it. I got all PS2 ones. How much of a difference was it to you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:41 PM   #31
SlaughterX SlaughterX is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
SlaughterX's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Thornton, CO
24
120
928
6
1
Default

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/gen.../1900-2843278/

Biggest differences are



and



"While the largest change from the original version of Onimusha is the new kind of soul energy, there are a host of minor improvements. For instance, Genma Onimusha boasts new enemies, areas, costumes, and cutscenes; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound; more enemies onscreen at a time; and a burst attack, which can be used to perform a charged-up super attack on opponents...It may sound like a small change, but the addition of the green soul energy gameplay element makes Onimusha's battles both tougher and more entertaining than before, further refining a combat system that requires more skill and strategy than the spastic fighting of the similar Devil May Cry."

Last edited by SlaughterX; 01-23-2019 at 02:54 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 09:38 AM   #32
Talal86 Talal86 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
81
226
3
71
Default

I enjoyed this, itís short and sweet. I hope they remaster the rest and make a new one
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Tags
capcom, onimusha, ps4, switch, xbox one

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:35 PM.