Best iTunes Music Deals


Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99
 
J. Cole: KOD (iTunes)
$6.99
 
TOOL: Lateralus (iTunes)
$9.99
 
Peter Gabriel: So (iTunes)
$11.99
 
Peter Gabriel: So (iTunes)
$7.99
 
J. Cole: KOD (iTunes)
$6.99
 
Thomas Newman: In the Bedroom (iTunes)
$9.99
 
Ozzy Osbourne: The Ozzman Cometh (iTunes)
$6.99
 
Journey: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
 
Green Day: Greatest Hits: God's Favorite Band (iTunes)
$6.99
 
Spiritualized: And Nothing Hurt (iTunes)
$4.99
 
Michelle Williams: Journey To Freedom (iTunes)
$4.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 04:52 AM   #21
civiclx civiclx is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
civiclx's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!
63
1284
534
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
I've recently become quite smitten with this track:
Not bad. I'm assuming you've heard her song Fidelity. I think that's the name. (yep it is) That's the only RS that I really know. My latest movie music discovery was Bruce's song from The Wrestler. I could listen to it over and over. And one more song since we're talking about movies...I really like Ray LaMontagne's Jolene which plays at the end credits for The Town.

I remember being stunned when I discovered that Matchbox 20's Yourself Or Someone...album was released in 1996. I was at Barnes and Noble checking out a book about best-selling albums by year. I had thought it was an album from the early 2000's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:09 AM   #22
castor castor is offline
Special Member
 
castor's Avatar
 
Sep 2015
Texas
21
517
81
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:24 AM   #23
Vracer111 Vracer111 is offline
Special Member
 
Vracer111's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
34
169
92
7
14
Default

I'm really into Vocaloid, and just recent found an album that I REALLY like, 4321 by AdyS. Classically trained musician doing Vocaloid/electronic/experimental music. This particular song should give you an idea:

Edge

This is one album where everthing song just fits perfectly with the others and goes so well together the album is an absolutely stellar single cohesive unit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #24
civiclx civiclx is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
civiclx's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!
63
1284
534
27
Default

I'm listening to A Rainy Night In SoHo by The Pogues and that makes me think that I'm going to need to discover some new Celtic music. I might check out more by them, The Chieftains and Celtic Thunder and Celtic Woman. I think I also have three albums from the Young Dubliners that I have not listened to yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:40 PM   #25
Al_The_Strange Al_The_Strange is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Al_The_Strange's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...
126
450
3655
751
478
132
32
Default

Can't seem to stop listening to Tracy Bonham these days. Picked up her album The Burdens of Being Upright earlier in the week--purely because I heard a song of her on some movie and wanted more. Despite all its ups and downs it's one of those CDs I can play without having to skip songs. These tracks seem to stand out to me the best right now.





Very fitting next to some of my other hard rock favorites--Hole, Nirvana, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc.

Last edited by Al_The_Strange; 04-28-2017 at 09:55 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #26
civiclx civiclx is online now
Blu-ray Count
 
civiclx's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!
63
1284
534
27
Default

I'ma have to check those out Al.

I'm listening to Steve Earle's Copperhead Road for the first time. It's pretty good. Not sure if I'll add it to iTunes but not bad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 02:14 PM   #27
Al_The_Strange Al_The_Strange is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Al_The_Strange's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...
126
450
3655
751
478
132
32
Default

Just discovered this, and it's probably the most exquisite thing I've heard in a while.

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #28
Max Solo Max Solo is offline
Expert Member
 
Max Solo's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
San Diego, CA
77
913
46
3
Default

Discovered last year but here’s a new video he put out this week

Orville Peck

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:25 AM   #29
Al_The_Strange Al_The_Strange is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Al_The_Strange's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...
126
450
3655
751
478
132
32
Default

Recently discovered just in time for all my Christmas playlists.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #30
fighthefutureofhd fighthefutureofhd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
fighthefutureofhd's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Dry County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
Can't seem to stop listening to Tracy Bonham these days. Picked up her album The Burdens of Being Upright earlier in the week--purely because I heard a song of her on some movie and wanted more. Despite all its ups and downs it's one of those CDs I can play without having to skip songs. These tracks seem to stand out to me the best right now.

Tracy Bonham - The One - YouTube

Tracy Bonham - Mother Mother - YouTube

Kisses - YouTube

30 Seconds - YouTube

Very fitting next to some of my other hard rock favorites--Hole, Nirvana, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Tracy Bonham is nowhere near hard rock. Neither is Hole, Nirvana, or the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. they all fall in the college rock/alternative category and all those artists aside from the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs were played 120 Minutes. I cut my teeth on all those bands mentioned. Especially Tracy Bonham and Nirvana. I spent a good chunk of the '90s glued to 120 Minutes and that type of music. I know a good deal about it since I lived it and was somewhat obsessed with it.

Music is my main passion and I especially had a passion for that college rock/alternative music that was regularly played on 120 Minutes. I still have a passion for that music. Most of my recent purchases over the last 3 weeks would fall into that category and would've been played on 120 Minutes. In fact, I believe one of the artists I recently bought music from, Jewel, was played on 120 Minutes. I know she had songs on the Modern Rock charts. As for Tracy Bonham, I don't know where you got that video for Mother, Mother. That was not the video that was widely played on 120 Minutes. I've never seen it before.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:00 PM   #31
Al_The_Strange Al_The_Strange is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Al_The_Strange's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...
126
450
3655
751
478
132
32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but Tracy Bonham is nowhere near hard rock. Neither is Hole, Nirvana, or the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs. they all fall in the college rock/alternative category and all those artists aside from the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs were played 120 Minutes. I cut my teeth on all those bands mentioned. Especially Tracy Bonham and Nirvana. I spent a good chunk of the '90s glued to 120 Minutes and that type of music. I know a good deal about it since I lived it and was somewhat obsessed with it.
I'm sorry for the misclassification then. I should have known better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighthefutureofhd View Post
Music is my main passion and I especially had a passion for that college rock/alternative music that was regularly played on 120 Minutes. I still have a passion for that music. Most of my recent purchases over the last 3 weeks would fall into that category and would've been played on 120 Minutes. In fact, I believe one of the artists I recently bought music from, Jewel, was played on 120 Minutes. I know she had songs on the Modern Rock charts. As for Tracy Bonham, I don't know where you got that video for Mother, Mother. That was not the video that was widely played on 120 Minutes. I've never seen it before.
I'm sorry I pulled up the wrong video then. I just searched YT and that's what came up. I had never seen 120 minutes before--I don't really watch music videos that much at all, so I might have pulled up something that doesn't match what was aired.

I don't know what else to tell you, but it's become clear to me lately that I have a much more limited knowledge of music than I originally thought. I think I'll show myself out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:18 PM   #32
fighthefutureofhd fighthefutureofhd is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
fighthefutureofhd's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Dry County
Default

Dude, You're totally fine. I just like to flex my musical knowledge when I can. Even if it may sound rude or offensive. I mean no harm at all. You're half right though, as Nirvana was also played on Headbanger's ball for a brief period. Though, I never thought of them as hard rock. I guess some did though.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (12-14-2020)
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48 AM.