Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Phil Collins: Love Songs (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Coldplay: X & Y (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Sabbath: Greatest Hits 1970-1978 (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Bill Withers: Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Pantera: The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
The Goo Goo Dolls: Greatest Hits Volume One - The Singles (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Aretha Franklin: 30 Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Madonna: The Immaculate Collection (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-02-2019, 02:06 AM   #1
Power Member

Nov 2011
LV426 aka Seattle
Default Angel is back!

New Album Coming

Thanks given by:
jaws3dfan (02-19-2021)
Old 02-19-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

I love ANGEL, I own all of their albums on Vinyl and 8-Track. I hope after this Covid virus is under control they go on tour again. The New Album "Risen" feels like a direct follow up to "Sinful".
Old 02-19-2021, 05:08 PM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Here is my ANGEL collection, the ones on the left are sealed (never been opened) the ones on the right are the ones I listen to.

I peeled the "Sinful" label off on of the 8-Tracks and the "Bad Publicity" label was underneath it

Old 02-19-2021, 07:24 PM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Why does Punky Meadows have "Peggy Bundy" hair now? He looks like a bank teller.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:36 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Why does Punky Meadows have "Peggy Bundy" hair now? He looks like a bank teller.
I think he is clinging to his Glam Days, regardless of his hair style he is still one of the most Amazing Guitarist of all time!
Old 02-19-2021, 07:57 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws3dfan View Post
I think he is clinging to his Glam Days, regardless of his hair style he is still one of the most Amazing Guitarist of all time!
Meh I like him as a player but I'm not ready to say he's one of the "most amazing" of all time. I think that's a bit of a reach.

Funny story about Punky (you may know it already) but he was ALMOST the guitarist in KISS after Ace Frehley left. Basically the story goes, the job was Punky's! Gene and Paul made him an offer and he was ready to accept. However he was already in the middle of another project that he wanted to finish first. When he explained this to Gene and Paul, Gene for whatever reason became very offended at the notion that Punky didn't just drop all previous commitments and join. I guess Gene's ego was bruised because he thought anyone should've considered it an honor and a privilege to get that gig and shouldn't want to put anything else before it. Gene and Paul immediately withdrew the offer and never contacted Punky again. They soon after hired Vinnie Vincent and the rest is KISStory.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Meh I like him as a player but I'm not ready to say he's one of the "most amazing" of all time. I think that's a bit of a reach.

Funny story about Punky (you may know it already) but he was ALMOST the guitarist in KISS after Ace Frehley left. Basically the story goes, the job was Punky's! Gene and Paul made him an offer and he was ready to accept. However he was already in the middle of another project that he wanted to finish first. When he explained this to Gene and Paul, Gene for whatever reason became very offended at the notion that Punky didn't just drop all previous commitments and join. I guess Gene's ego was bruised because he thought anyone should've considered it an honor and a privilege to get that gig and shouldn't want to put anything else before it. Gene and Paul immediately withdrew the offer and never contacted Punky again. They soon after hired Vinnie Vincent and the rest is KISStory.
Yep that was in the liner notes in the Sinful CD. You have to wonder how KISS would have been with Punky on Guitar? Punky would have become a household name for sure. In retrospect he should have said yes instantly knowing that Angel only released one more album before they split up.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaws3dfan View Post
Yep that was in the liner notes in the Sinful CD. You have to wonder how KISS would have been with Punky on Guitar? Punky would have become a household name for sure. In retrospect he should have said yes instantly knowing that Angel only released one more album before they split up.
Good question. I have no doubt he would've been great as a guitar player, but I wonder if he would've been as prolific a songwriter in KISS as Vinnie Vincent was.
Old 02-19-2021, 08:11 PM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Quote:
Good question. I have no doubt he would've been great as a guitar player, but I wonder if he would've been as prolific a songwriter in KISS as Vinnie Vincent was.
The world will never know however I do admit Lick it Up is a Great Album and it helped KISS reinvent themselves for the 80's and it certainly would have been different without Vinnie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles