Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Phil Collins: Love Songs (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Coldplay: X & Y (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto (iTunes)
$4.99
12 hrs ago
Bill Withers: Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Pantera: The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Black Sabbath: Greatest Hits 1970-1978 (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Aretha Franklin: 30 Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
The Goo Goo Dolls: Greatest Hits Volume One - The Singles (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
Madonna: The Immaculate Collection (iTunes)
$6.99
12 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Second left after Wal-Mart

So embrace it and play what you want to play and do it well, not what you think you have to play half-assed. Their last few albums sound like a bunch of old guys TRYING to play fast and it sounds clumsy. Lots of bands do it (although not as renowned) like Samael, Crematory, The Kovenant, Mortiis, and even Theatre of Tragedy went europop for a bit.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
So embrace it and play what you want to play and do it well, not what you think you have to play half-assed. Their last few albums sound like a bunch of old guys TRYING to play fast and it sounds clumsy.
ya true. Lars looks likes he's gonna pass out nowadays..

but yet Slayer still goes out and they don't look too tired or clumsy. Lamb of god did blow them off stage a few years ago when I saw them together. First time I'd ever seen Slayer one upped by an opening band. lol
Old 07-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

I'd love to see what Megadeth and Iron Maiden are up to these days, and how well they play. I saw Megadeth in the mid to late 1990s and they were absolutely rockin' still. I saw Metallica in 1998, and they were pretty tame.

Any Krokus or Saxon fans? They're both kind of on the edge of hairband/pop-metal, but they have some good stuff. I've heard a lot of them lately on XM. Them and Dokken. Lots of Dokken lately, which is OK with me. I'm always down for a little Dio and Black Sabbath, too!
Old 07-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

What Megadeth's up to? They have a new album, Endgame, coming out 9/15.

Listen to the single, Headcrusher, here

It's pretty good, definitely Rust in Peace sounding

Last edited by anomynous; 07-09-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Has everyone heard the new Alice In Chains single "Looking in View" with their new lead singer? I have mixed feelings about it. For one, the new guy sounds LOT like Lane Staley which I suppose should not be all that surprising. Still, it did indeed seem a little eery. What does disappoint me a little bit, based on this particular single, is that AIC seems to be stuck in the 90's with their sound. I had hoped that the new music would be a bit more forward thinking and their sound would have evolved somewhat. However Looking in View sounds exactly like it could've come off of the Dirt album. It has that 90's grunge down tuned guitars (was kind of hoping this fad was phasing out of music) sound, dark depressing lyrics, lumbering tempo, mid tempo vocals, etc.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008

Yeah, it should shred pretty good with Chris Broderick (Jag Panzer) on guitars.

@Steelmaker: Have you seen the video for it yet? They did a nice job with it. I'm reserving full judgement on the album until I hear it but I was hoping for a bit faster paced stuff.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #27
Special Member

Mar 2008
Austin, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoviet View Post
Devildriver!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit29 View Post
Ya new CD comes out next week.

there will be 2 versions of DevilDriver's new album Villians (w./& w.o. bonus DvD) so be sure to pick up the right one you want. also, DD will be headlining the Thrash n' Burn tour which will start on the 18th.

Last edited by Spyder-Dan; 07-09-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #28
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
I'd love to see what Megadeth and Iron Maiden are up to these days, and how well they play. I saw Megadeth in the mid to late 1990s and they were absolutely rockin' still. I saw Metallica in 1998, and they were pretty tame.

Any Krokus or Saxon fans? They're both kind of on the edge of hairband/pop-metal, but they have some good stuff. I've heard a lot of them lately on XM. Them and Dokken. Lots of Dokken lately, which is OK with me. I'm always down for a little Dio and Black Sabbath, too!
Maiden is hotter than ever (globally). Not too long ago they finished their hugely successful "Somewhere Back in Time" tour where they flew around the world in a customized Boeing 757 jumbo jet dubbed "Ed Force One." The plane was piloted by none other than Bruce Dickinson himself (he's a liscensed commercial airline pilot). Basically they toured with everyone and everything on this one jumbo jet. The band, the roadies, the management, families, camera crews, etc all flew together on this one plane, along with all of Maiden's equipment. This was truly ground breaking as nothing like this had ever been done!

After Maiden finished the tour they released a documentary in select digital theaters based on this tour entitled "Flight 666" which was well received and wildly popular. The blu ray and dvd released with tremendous success. Debuting at #1 in many countries, including the US.

Right now the boys are taking time off. They are planning to regroup at the end of the year to start planning their next album.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #29
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Yeah, it should shred pretty good with Chris Broderick (Jag Panzer) on guitars.

@Steelmaker: Have you seen the video for it yet? They did a nice job with it. I'm reserving full judgement on the album until I hear it but I was hoping for a bit faster paced stuff.
Yeah I saw it. To me it's like a typical 90's video, dealing with dark depressing subject matter and ominous visuals.

I'm like you, I'm going to try and reserve all judgement until the album comes out but based on the Looking In View, I'm a little let down. I had hoped AIC would come out with new rejuvination and a more up to date sound.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #30
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

The main problem with "A Looking to View" is that it's too long.

They could easily cut 3 minutes off the song, and it wouldn't lose anything.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008

They should have sped it up at one point to break up the pace. I have faith in them and if this doesn't deliver, I still have the old stuff.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
What Megadeth's up to? They have a new album, Endgame, coming out 9/15.

Listen to the single, Headcrusher, here

It's pretty good, definitely Rust in Peace sounding
Not bad. A great guitarist but Mustaine's voice is still nails on a chalkboard.. Rust in Peace is great but Megadeth lost me in the 90's..with Marty Friedman on guitar they should have released better music..the CDs from this decade are better. I still wonder what the real story was behind Dave's "mysterious" accident that temporarily ended Megadeth.

I only saw these guys once...So Far, So Good, So What Tour in '88 opening for Iron Maiden on the Seventh Son Tour...ya I'm that old lol Think I was 14 or so
Old 07-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008

Got to see them twice. Rust In Peace with Judas Priest (Painkiller tour) and Testament. Godly show! Saw them again on The World Needs A Hero tour.

As far as shows go, Judas Priest remains my top. Close behind is Kiss, even though I don't like their music, White Zombie, Blind Guardian, Manowar, AC/DC, and the Monsters of Rock tour in the late 80's with Scorpions, Metallica, Van Halen, Kingdom Come, and Dokken.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Chicago, IL

My tops shows would be Iron Maiden and Pantera. Seen Maiden 10 times(have a Dave Murray pick somewhere..) and Pantera about 15 or so.

Pantera shows were fun. I was in my late teens- early 20's. Live like no tomorrow lol. Also it was a during a time (in the US) that media told us heavy music was dead, Metallica left metal and alternative rock was everywhere. Pantera was still out there tearing it up, big crowds and debuting at #1 on the Billboard in 94 was a big middle finger to the media. 90's grunge is dead and metal still lives...go figure...Well at least metal never slowed down in Europe.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008

Haha I forgot about Pantera. Phil's drunken rants. I saw them once with... I don't remember but it was a big arena tour. Maybe that was one of the times I saw White Zombie.

I've never seen Maiden live and I've been listening to them since the mid 80's. I'm ashamed to even type this.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

I never saw Pantera, but I saw Down last year with Metallica.

Interesting to say the least.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #37
Special Member

Mar 2008
Austin, Tx

Quote:
I've never seen Maiden live and I've been listening to them since the mid 80's. I'm ashamed to even type this.
i felt the same way dude, but i finally got to see Maiden back in 2004 just before they released Dance of Death (i think thats what the album was called) anyways, they were AWESOME!!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Haha I forgot about Pantera. Phil's drunken rants. I saw them once with... I don't remember but it was a big arena tour. Maybe that was one of the times I saw White Zombie.

Ya Pantera did tours with White Zombie a few times. Also opening for Black Sabbath, and co headlining with Slayer(Morbid Angel was there too), They canceled their European tour w/Slayer after 9/11 and that was that....never toured again

Hey I've never seen King Diamond or Judas Priest. I had to leave Ozzfest early the one year, missed them and Rob sang a few Sabbath songs cuz Ozzy's voice was shot. Only saw Rob with Fight back in the mid 90s. Judas Priest is here in a few weeks and I will be out of town lol
Old 07-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
I never saw Pantera, but I saw Down last year with Metallica.

Interesting to say the least.
I'm going to see Down in Las Vegas in a month and here at the end of Sept. Half of Pantera at least....Down puts on a good show if you like stoner rock. Phil is in (somewhat) good health these days..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGm3B...eature=related
Old 07-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #40

Jul 2009

Impetigo
Repulsion
Asphyx
Terrorizer
Death
Gorguts
Frightmare
Blood Freak
Gwar