Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99

Phil Collins: Love Songs (iTunes)
$6.99

Coldplay: X & Y (iTunes)
$4.99

Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto (iTunes)
$4.99

Black Sabbath: Greatest Hits 1970-1978 (iTunes)
$6.99

Bill Withers: Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers (iTunes)
$6.99

Pantera: The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! (iTunes)
$6.99

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99

Madonna: The Immaculate Collection (iTunes)
$6.99

The Goo Goo Dolls: Greatest Hits Volume One - The Singles (iTunes)
$6.99

Slipknot: Antennas To Hell (iTunes)
$6.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles

Old 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX
Default Official Michael Jackson Thread (Please Read First Post!)

Today marks what would've been the King of Pop's 54th birthday, so I thought it was appropriate to start this up in his memory. That said, here's some rules I ask everyone to follow.

1) No personal attacks or insults are to be directed toward Michael, his family, or other members.

He was a very controversial figure in life, but let's try our best not to focus on all the bogus paparazzi garbage. This includes names like "Wacko Jacko" and such.

2) Please do NOT refer to Michael as a pedophile or child molester in this thread.

He was convinced to settle the 1993 allegations by his handlers, and was cleared of all 14 charges in 2005. Let's leave this alone, please; thank you.

3) No sexually explicit images or comments of any kind are welcome in this thread...period.

Anyone who breaks these rules will be reported to the mods without warning.

Otherwise, enjoy the discussion!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Love it! I thought about doing this as I am a massive fan though I didn't want to put up with some of the issues you mentioned,anyway he is No.1 in my book and I can't wait for the Bad concert to be released on DVD.
Michael Jackson was a musical genius who inspired millions throughout the world and is greatly missed but his music will live forever.

Last edited by Villiam Hayes; 08-29-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
Leaf Nation
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post

Today marks what would've been the King of Pop's 54th birthday, so I thought it was appropriate to start this up in his memory. That said, here's some rules I ask everyone to follow.

1) No personal attacks or insults are to be directed toward Michael, his family, or other members.

He was a very controversial figure in life, but let's try our best not to focus on all the bogus paparazzi garbage. This includes names like "Wacko Jacko" and such.

2) Please do NOT refer to Michael as a pedophile or child molester in this thread.

He was convinced to settle the 1993 allegations by his handlers, and was cleared of all 14 charges in 2005. Let's leave this alone, please; thank you.

3) No sexually explicit images or comments of any kind are welcome in this thread...period.

Anyone who breaks these rules will be reported to the mods without warning.

Otherwise, enjoy the discussion!
No problem. I won't post any derogatory remarks at your request, but this kind of thread has red flags written all over it. I'll bite my tongue as I'm sure many others will.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #4
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
Love it! I thought about doing this as I am a massive fan though I didn't want to put up with some of the issues you mentioned,anyway he is No.1 in my book and I can't wait for the Bad concert to be released on DVD.
Michael Jackson was a musical genius who inspired millions throughout the world and is greatly missed but his music will live forever.
Yeah, my uncle first introduced me to Michael's music when I was 8 years old, and I've been a fan ever since. I didn't agree with some of his creative choices, but there's no denying the talent and skill he had. He loved people around the world so much, but gravitated more towards kids because so many adults had manipulated or betrayed him. He saw an innocence in them that helped his own heart, and it showed.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #5
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Yeah, my uncle first introduced me to Michael's music when I was 8 years old, and I've been a fan ever since. I didn't agree with some of his creative choices, but there's no denying the talent and skill he had. He loved people around the world so much, but gravitated more towards kids because so many adults had manipulated or betrayed him. He saw an innocence in them that helped his own heart, and it showed.
Exactly,adults wanted money from him,he only trusted kid's and animals.
He always said he didn't blame J***y C******r ,his parent's were to blame.
They fabricated the story,M.J. was gullible and trusted everyone he came close to because he wanted to believe in them,he needed friend's and yet he was let down time and time again by people he thought he could rely on.
WHAT DOES NEARLY EVERY MICHAEL JACKSON STORY YOU KNOW END IN?
People wanting money?? think about it!

Last edited by Villiam Hayes; 08-30-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:59 AM   #6
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

I want to make it clear I am not trying to convert anyone into a Michael Jackson fan
People love Heavy Metal,Punk,Classical,whatever,that's great,I love my music and I RESPECT IT ALL
My point here is that he was an Innocent man accused of crimes he did not commit.
Unfortunately today not enough people know he was a man who...
was supreme in his field in the late 60's 70's and the 80's.
A man that sold out concert's worldwide and broke nearly every musical record there was to break.
A man with numerous number 1's
A man that inspired millions including many of today's popstars.
A man that could dance like no other.
A man who put in place what music video's are today.
And unfortunately a man who died being persecuted for no genuine reason.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:28 AM   #7
Banned

Jun 2012
Out in the fields around Maltlicky, Texas

Michael Jackson is without a doubt the 3rd largest figure in Rock/Popular music history right behind Elvis and the Beatles. It is very sad and tragic to look at just how closely his own personal eccentricities and downfall mirrored that of Elvis. Sadly like Elvis once that pinnacle was reached he had nowhere else to go and then the music change and he could not change with it. It also didnít help that he went five and six years between albums so his catalogue is not that extensive. I would have loved to see him branch out and try some other things. I will always consider him the largest musical figure of my generation (Gen x)
Old 08-30-2012, 03:17 AM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
It is very sad and tragic to look at just how closely his own personal eccentricities and downfall mirrored that of Elvis.
Yes, that was very sad. I remember that Oprah interviewed Lisa Marie Presley a few years ago, after Michael died, and she opened up about their marriage. Lisa said that Michael had confided to her his prevalent fear of dying in a similar fashion to her father; she even titled her blog entry, "He Knew".

Of all the celebrities I've wanted to meet, Michael was tops, and I hope that he's in Heaven with God now, truly at peace. I never knew him personally, but when he died, I truly felt like I'd lost a friend.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009

Man sorry I missed this but wanted to chime in. MJ was/is the greatest. Such a creative genius. I wish we could of got one more classic album from him but what we got was so great that is enough for me. I always go back and forth on who my favorite artist is MJ or Stevie Wonder. MJ's music, style, and influence will never be matched.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #10
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Good reading for anyone who may be interested http://vindicatemj.wordpress.com/cat...the-1993-case/
Old 08-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Some of my favourite songs of his are Heal the World and You Are Not Alone.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #12

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
Man sorry I missed this but wanted to chime in. MJ was/is the greatest. Such a creative genius. I wish we could of got one more classic album from him but what we got was so great that is enough for me. I always go back and forth on who my favorite artist is MJ or Stevie Wonder. MJ's music, style, and influence will never be matched.
MJ was supremely talented and a great showman, but his body of work pales in comparison to that of Stevie Wonder.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #13
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseSSD View Post
Some of my favourite songs of his are Heal the World and You Are Not Alone.
Yeah, they're incredible. The latter was actually written by R. Kelly, and Paris has said listening to it makes her cry.

Here's my faves, from each solo album (aside from the title tracks):

Off the Wall

Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Rock With You
Workin' Day and Night
She's Out of My Life
Burn This Disco Out

Thriller

Baby Be Mine
Billie Jean
Beat It
Human Nature
The Lady in My Life
Someone in the Dark (special edition)
For All Time (25th anniversary)

Bad

The Way You Make Me Feel
Just Good Friends
Man in the Mirror
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
Fly Away (special edition)

Dangerous

Jam
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Black or White
Who Is It
Give In To Me (great rock song!)
Will You Be There
Keep the Faith
Gone Too Soon (written for AIDS victim Ryan White)

HIStory

Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger in Moscow
D.S.
Come Together (great version of a classic)
Smile (ditto)
Childhood
Tabloid Junkie

Blood on the Dance Floor

Morphine
Ghosts
Is It Scary

Invincible

Unbreakable
You Rock My World
Butterflies
Speechless
You Are My Life
Privacy
The Lost Children
Threatened (nicely edited Rod Serling vocals)
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
MJ was supremely talented and a great showman, but his body of work pales in comparison to that of Stevie Wonder.
I don't think so. As much as I love Stevie, MJ's body of work is just as great. Number 1 albums, number 1 songs, Grammy Awards, timeless music. I don't know how you come to this conclusion. Please explain
Old 08-31-2012, 04:39 AM   #15
Banned

Jun 2012
Out in the fields around Maltlicky, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
I don't think so. As much as I love Stevie, MJ's body of work is just as great. Number 1 albums, number 1 songs, Grammy Awards, timeless music. I don't know how you come to this conclusion. Please explain
I think you are both wrong. If the truth be told Ray Charles was more talented than either of them!
Old 08-31-2012, 05:05 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
I think you are both wrong. If the truth be told Ray Charles was more talented than either of them!
No. Ray was very talented but I can't say he was more talented. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a who's more talented thread. I didn't mean to start a debate here I was just stating who MJ and Stevie are my favorites. Let's keep it to MJ.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009

I wondered why there was a two hour special running on TV running back to back. I was only able to catch the last 20 minutes of the second showing. They spent a good 10 minutes talking about bubbles and Whitney Huston.

I will have to put in This Is It and watch it again soon. I love almost every song he does. I think my top 5 would be.

1. Will You Be There
2. They Don't Really Care About Us
3. You Rock My World
4. Scream
5. Dirty Diana
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #18
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Yeah, they're incredible. The latter was actually written by R. Kelly, and Paris has said listening to it makes her cry.

Here's my faves, from each solo album (aside from the title tracks):

Off the Wall

Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Rock With You
Workin' Day and Night
She's Out of My Life
Burn This Disco Out

Thriller

Baby Be Mine
Billie Jean
Beat It
Human Nature
The Lady in My Life
Someone in the Dark (special edition)
For All Time (25th anniversary)

Bad

The Way You Make Me Feel
Just Good Friends
Man in the Mirror
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
Fly Away (special edition)

Dangerous

Jam
Why You Wanna Trip On Me
Black or White
Who Is It
Give In To Me (great rock song!)
Will You Be There
Keep the Faith
Gone Too Soon (written for AIDS victim Ryan White)

HIStory

Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger in Moscow
D.S.
Come Together (great version of a classic)
Smile (ditto)
Childhood
Tabloid Junkie

Blood on the Dance Floor

Morphine
Ghosts
Is It Scary

Invincible

Unbreakable
You Rock My World
Butterflies
Speechless
You Are My Life
Privacy
The Lost Children
Threatened (nicely edited Rod Serling vocals)
I love both Morphine,a pumping track that is quite different from previous M.J. records and Speechless,another super song on a completely different level(just not fussed on the talking ending).
Both are probably much unknown to other's that are not Michael fans but worth a listen.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I also like a couple of the tracks on "Michael", but the overall album didn't have the same quality. "Hold My Hand" was great, and I also liked "Breaking News" and "Much Too Soon".
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #20
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
I also like a couple of the tracks on "Michael", but the overall album didn't have the same quality. "Hold My Hand" was great, and I also liked "Breaking News" and "Much Too Soon".
There are some decent songs on that album but of course most of them are track's that he never deemed fit to on any previous album and then the one's that are on this were not finished by Michael but by other producers.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles