Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99

J. Cole: KOD (iTunes)
$6.99

TOOL: Lateralus (iTunes)
$9.99

Peter Gabriel: So (iTunes)
$11.99

Peter Gabriel: So (iTunes)
$7.99

J. Cole: KOD (iTunes)
$6.99

Thomas Newman: In the Bedroom (iTunes)
$9.99

Ozzy Osbourne: The Ozzman Cometh (iTunes)
$6.99

Journey: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99

Green Day: Greatest Hits: God's Favorite Band (iTunes)
$6.99

Spiritualized: And Nothing Hurt (iTunes)
$4.99

Michelle Williams: Journey To Freedom (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles

Old 09-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #41
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
Well, I stopped by my local Half-Price Books today, and picked these up.

"Moonwalk" is a 3rd-edition copy from 1988, and "Magic and the Madness" is the expanded edition from 2010.
I have the first two book's at home,I am about to start reading Moon walk.
I read Conspiracy by Aphrodite Jones a while back http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackso...iracy+aphrodit
Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 AM   #42
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
I am about to start reading Moon Walk.
I first read it as a teenager, and its really a great book. Michael wrote it during the "Bad" era, and there's tons of great images in it, too. My previous copy was in terrible condition, so I grabbed this one as a replacement.

Quote:
I read Conspiracy by Aphrodite Jones a while back...
Yeah, I'd heard a lot of good things about that one, so I picked it up two weeks ago, and recently finished it. One of the last lines recommended Taraborrelli's book, so I thought I'd chance it, and I'm curious to get Jermaine's perspective on a lot of things (don't spoil it!)
Old 09-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #43

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
I know about Stevie and Michael's discography. Not sure why that was necessary. Anyway Stevie's body of work and Michael's body of work in terms of quality which is what I thought you meant are pretty much equal footing. Stevie putting out more albums doesn't make him better than MJ that's why you aren't making much sense.
I'm sorry, but I disagree completely. I'd love to debate the issue even further, but you've already made up your mind, so there isn't much point. Does that make sense?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
Talking

Michael Jackson, the creator and master of the moonwalk. That is the best dance move, ever! My favorite song is Smooth Criminal.
I wanted to buy the Michael Jackson's Moonwalker Genesis game but it is too expensive. The sellers on Amazon want $35 plus for the game and it does not even include the original case or instructions. Damn! Sorry for changing the subject.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
Michael Jackson, the creator and master of the moonwalk. That is the best dance move, ever!
Actually, he didn't create it. That move has been around for years, under various names, and has been used by people like Marcel Marceau and James Brown. Michael simply popularized it; he even admits learning the basics from a couple of street dancers in his "Moon Walk" biography.

Quote:
My favorite song is Smooth Criminal.
That's definitely one of the best from the "Bad" era, and I love the 1930s gangster style.

Quote:
I wanted to buy the Michael Jackson's Moonwalker Genesis game but it is too expensive. The sellers on Amazon want $35 plus for the game and it does not even include the original case or instructions.
Sadly, a lot of media prices concerning MJ have skyrocketed since he died. I'd personally like to get the official Opus book, since the price has dropped quite a bit.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #46
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Actually, he didn't create it. That move has been around for years, under various names, and has been used by people like Marcel Marceau and James Brown. Michael simply popularized it; he even admits learning the basics from a couple of street dancers in his "Moon Walk" biography.

That's definitely one of the best from the "Bad" era, and I love the 1930s gangster style.

Sadly, a lot of media prices concerning MJ have skyrocketed since he died. I'd personally like to get the official Opus book, since the price has dropped quite a bit.

I own the Opus,it is pretty fantastic...though I could do with something to display it on as it has been stored away in the cardboard box it came in.
I also have an autographed 'artist of the decade platinum award'
Michael-Jackson-Artist-Of-The-Dec-515386.jpg

Last edited by Villiam Hayes; 09-04-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #47
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Very nice; did you buy it from a dealer, or actually have the chance to meet MJ yourself before he died?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #48
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Very nice; did you buy it from a dealer, or actually have the chance to meet MJ yourself before he died?
Unfortunately not,I did see him twice in concert,that's the closest I have got,well that or the front gate's of Neverland.
I bought the award from a memorabilia shop in Hollywood,California back in 1998.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #49
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Less than two week's until the new Bad 25th Anniversary edition is released,really looking forward to owning a good version of the Wembley concert.(DVD)
Here is what's included for those that haven't seen it:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bad-25th-Ann...6903468&sr=1-1
Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 AM   #50
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Quote:
The very first time that I had seen the moonwalk was when Michael Jackson did it. My mistake!

Quote:
"Annie are you ok, so Annie are you ok?"
"Are you ok, Annie?"
"You've been hit by, you've been struck by"
"A Smooth Criminal"

Quote:
I assume you don't have the game either? If the price ever drops down to around $15, I will definitely buy it.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
The very first time that I had seen the moonwalk was when Michael Jackson did it. My mistake!
No worries; I thought the same thing for years, until learning otherwise.

Quote:
I assume you don't have the game either? If the price ever drops down to around $15, I will definitely buy it.
I don't have the Genesis game, but I recently bought "The Experience", for the Wii.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Four days and counting until the release of "Bad 25"...anyone else buying it?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Anybody remember this gem??!!??

I remember when this came out, I thought it was absolutely brilliant and the best thing MJ had done in a long long time! Yet for some strange reason, it went largely unnoticed. I guess in the wake of all his scandal and waining popularity, it quickly faded into obscurity. However to this day I think it's one of the absolute coolest things he ever did!!
Old 09-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #54
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Four days and counting until the release of "Bad 25"...anyone else buying it?
I got a despatched email today,I am really looking forward to the DVD,I already have a 2-3 versions of Bad ,that was the album that made me a fan so I have always swayed towards that as my favourite as much for nostalgic reason's as for it's brilliance.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #55
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Anybody remember this gem??!!??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUtDGjItrQ

I remember when this came out, I thought it was absolutely brilliant and the best thing MJ had done in a long long time! Yet for some strange reason, it went largely unnoticed. I guess in the wake of all his scandal and waining popularity, it quickly faded into obscurity. However to this day I think it's one of the absolute coolest things he ever did!!
It's a great little short film with some cracking tunes from the Blood on the dancefloor album,I believe M.J. plays a few different parts.
I have it on VHS but have no longer anything to play it on.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #56
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
It's a great little short film with some cracking tunes from the Blood on the dancefloor album,I believe M.J. plays a few different parts.
I have it on VHS but have no longer anything to play it on.
Michael played both the Maestro and the Mayor, who was obviously modeled after Tom Sneddon. The makeup was so brilliant for the latter, too.

Amazon has a Video CD version of it; here's the link.

Michael Jackson's "Ghosts"
Old 09-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #57
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
I got a despatched email today,I am really looking forward to the DVD,I already have a 2-3 versions of Bad ,that was the album that made me a fan so I have always swayed towards that as my favourite as much for nostalgic reason's as for it's brilliance.
I had the older CD at one point, that included "Leave Me Alone", but sold it after buying the Special Edition a few years back.

I did notice one thing about both, though; the chapter break is offset between "Speed Demon" and "Liberian Girl". The ending of the first blends into the opening notes of the second, instead of a clear silence between them.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #58
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
I had the older CD at one point, that included "Leave Me Alone", but sold it after buying the Special Edition a few years back.

I did notice one thing about both, though; the chapter break is offset between "Speed Demon" and "Liberian Girl". The ending of the first blends into the opening notes of the second, instead of a clear silence between them.
Yeah I did notice that the two songs were mixed into each other(quite well I might add)
I still have my original vinyl, a cassette I am sure somewhere and a few cd's,the original,the leave me alone extra track album and a black Bad cover instead of white.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #59
Banned

Dec 2011
Norn Iron

Quote:
Michael played both the Maestro and the Mayor, who was obviously modeled after Tom Sneddon. The makeup was so brilliant for the latter, too.

Amazon has a Video CD version of it; here's the link.

Michael Jackson's "Ghosts"
Thank's for the link,I will have to look into that.
Your right about the whole Tom Sneddon thing,in fact the whole underlying issue of Ghosts is the false allegations and betrayal that M.J. felt.
The song D.S. on the HIStory album is right to the point.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Thank's for the link,I will have to look into that.
Your right about the whole Tom Sneddon thing,in fact the whole underlying issue of Ghosts is the false allegations and betrayal that M.J. felt.
The song D.S. on the HIStory album is right to the point.
Yeah the lyrics are printed as "Dom Sheldon" in the HIStory booklet, but I think that was probably to avoid a defamation suit (which Sneddon surely would've filed, due to his personal vendetta). With the song itself though, I honestly can't tell which MJ is actually singing.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles