Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99

J. Cole: KOD (iTunes)
$6.99

TOOL: Lateralus (iTunes)
$9.99

Peter Gabriel: So (iTunes)
$11.99

Peter Gabriel: So (iTunes)
$7.99

J. Cole: KOD (iTunes)
$6.99

Thomas Newman: In the Bedroom (iTunes)
$9.99

Ozzy Osbourne: The Ozzman Cometh (iTunes)
$6.99

Journey: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99

Green Day: Greatest Hits: God's Favorite Band (iTunes)
$6.99

Spiritualized: And Nothing Hurt (iTunes)
$4.99

Michelle Williams: Journey To Freedom (iTunes)
$4.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #21

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHighRoller View Post
Have you heard the 24-Bit/88kHz digital files? They sound amazing. Apparently they have the same master as the CD, which is all together a different master used for the vinyl, but I doubt it. Oftentimes, the HD lossless files are sourced from the same master as the vinyl, especially for new releases.

I got the HD 24 Bit tracks yesterday and I had to make some copies for my iPod at 24Bit/48kHz (Apple Lossless). I still have the originals, obviously.
I just have the WAV files ripped from the CD. Lol just saw it on HDtracks. Starting to guess how silly it would be to buy an album 3 times on launch day.

Last edited by New_sacred_cow; 05-21-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_sacred_cow View Post
I just have the WAV files ripped from the CD. Where might I find the 24-bit version?
You can buy it on this French site. It's only $14.99 I think.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

just got the cd version i had on in store pickup, put it on the ps3, and whoever said this album needs headphones or good speakers to sound amazing was right. sound so much better then the compressed streaming version when I got to sample it early
the cd version could be in contender for album of the year
I am thinking everyone should purchase this =)
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #24

Mar 2012
West Richland WA
Thumbs up

Listening to R-A-M right now as I typed and love it great stuff and it's in my short-list of best so far 2013.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

this is one of the few cd's I could actually say, I don't think the mp3 version would do the beats justice,
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
this is one of the few cd's I could actually say, I don't think the mp3 version would do the beats justice,
MP3s are so old. M4A is a better file as it captures A LOT more information. It looks nearly lossless on a spectrogram.

But yes, nothing beats true lossless, especially higher bitrate lossless.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop35 View Post
Listening to R-A-M right now as I typed and love it great stuff and it's in my short-list of best so far 2013.
I honestly think RAM will be a contender for Best Album of the Year at the Grammys.

It's a joke that Deadrat and Skillet have won Grammies for crappy butchered up songs, yet Daft Punk have only won two, and none of those were for their album material. They were for the Alive 2007 album.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009

Quote:
I honestly think RAM will be a contender for Best Album of the Year at the Grammys.

It's a joke that Deadrat and Skillet have won Grammies for crappy butchered up songs, yet Daft Punk have only won two, and none of those were for their album material. They were for the Alive 2007 album.
This right here. Agree on everything. And lol at Deadrat and Skillet. Sounds like two characters from Sanford and Son.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
This right here. Agree on everything. And lol at Deadrat and Skillet. Sounds like two characters from Sanford and Son.
Definitely. I don't consider them musicians. Everything they make sounds the same.

It's one thing to have your "sound" as an artist that sets you apart from the rest, but it's another to use the same crap over and over again calling it new material. If people can't memorize it or become familiar with it, it's definitely a track stuck in their attention span and nothing else. I honestly don't find any of Deadrat or Skillet's tracks to be memorable, except for the latter's song from Black Ops 2.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009

Quote:
Definitely. I don't consider them musicians. Everything they make sounds the same.

It's one thing to have your "sound" as an artist that sets you apart from the rest, but it's another to use the same crap over and over again calling it new material. If people can't memorize it or become familiar with it, it's definitely a track stuck in their attention span and nothing else. I honestly don't find any of Deadrat or Skillet's tracks to be memorable, except for the latter's song from Black Ops 2.
I had never heard of either until last year, a couple of years ago when one of them performed on the Grammys and some other award shows. I kept wondering the the big deal was about either of them and then I listened to some of their songs and you are right everything runs together and sounds the same.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Isla Nublar

So glad this album is getting some good reception, one of the greatest albums I have EVER heard.

The entire album is so poignant, stunning, beautiful, catchy, funky and absolutely mind-blowing that I frankly have nothing negative to say.

I didn't find Homework to be all that special, I loved Discovery and Human After All (wasn't a disappointment for me) but the Tron Legacy soundtrack wasn't the greatest thing ever even though I found it pretty darn good.

But this album is a revelation, It brings us back to a time where people waited for an album, bought it (no streaming or torrenting) went home, turned the lights off and sat and listened to an album like you watch a film; all the way through.

The album sounds warm, inviting and extremely powerful. It reminded me of Thriller in terms of production values, yeah it's that good.

I hope you guys enjoyed the album as much as I did (probably not )
Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentxStatik24 View Post
So glad this album is getting some good reception, one of the greatest albums I have EVER heard.

The entire album is so poignant, stunning, beautiful, catchy, funky and absolutely mind-blowing that I frankly have nothing negative to say.

I didn't find Homework to be all that special, I loved Discovery and Human After All (wasn't a disappointment for me) but the Tron Legacy soundtrack wasn't the greatest thing ever even though I found it pretty darn good.

But this album is a revelation, It brings us back to a time where people waited for an album, bought it (no streaming or torrenting) went home, turned the lights off and sat and listened to an album like you watch a film; all the way through.

The album sounds warm, inviting and extremely powerful. It reminded me of Thriller in terms of production values, yeah it's that good.

I loved Homework, and I think Discovery is a bit overrated. It's got some great tracks, but it's 2nd to Homework. Human After All is also great. It's minimal, so obviously not a lot of people will appreciate it.

The TRON: Legacy soundtrack was amazing, especially for a score. RAM is their best work though.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #33
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009

Quote:
I loved Homework, and I think Discovery is a bit overrated. It's got some great tracks, but it's 2nd to Homework. Human After All is also great. It's minimal, so obviously not a lot of people will appreciate it.

The TRON: Legacy soundtrack was amazing, especially for a score. RAM is their best work though.
Agreed on Homework. I don't get the semi-hate for that album. I liked it better than Discovery although both are very good albums.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:42 PM   #34
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2012
Georgia

I'm really loving the track, "Giorgio By Moroder", on this new album. Pretty amazing...
Old 06-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #35
Expert Member

Jan 2011
The windy burbs

I can't get "Get Lucky" out of my head... frickin' love it! BB has RAM for $11.99, I gotta go buy it, heard nothing but good things about it.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #36
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2007

well I finally pick up my copy of R.A.M the other day & I'm pretty happy with the album.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #37

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Great article here on the 4 years it took and the $1 Million spent producing R.A.M.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul1.../daft-punk.htm
Old 12-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #38
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

for fans of Daft Punk check this song out -

Marcus Marr - The Music

Last edited by Dubstar; 12-30-2013 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:32 PM   #39

Jun 2011
Everett, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDawn View Post

I have some friends who appreciate music and we have done this with a couple albums: I set up the living room with equipment and we listen to an album all the way through. The group of us. We have done Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon (multi channel SACD setup) and Wish you Were Here. On the 17th we are doing this with Daft Punk's Random Access Memories. Really excited.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #40
Blu-ray Champion

May 2010
Ireland

Their new album (Random Access Memories) is going for 1.99 on GooglePlay.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles