Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Godzilla vs. Kong (Blu-ray)
$34.99
13 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
 
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
 
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
 
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
 
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99
 
Eye of the Tiger (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 4K / Wonder Woman 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
3 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 03-24-2021, 07:51 PM   #1481
MaskedRider MaskedRider is offline
Special Member
 
MaskedRider's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Chicago
247
1811
1494
289
392
126
1
26
14
-6
Default

The problem with digital is that your stuff can disappear anytime the service decides. Or if you're internet is down, you can't watch anything. And streaming services don't have everything. I can never really see physical media going away completely. And with companies like Shout, Arrow, etc. making collector's editions for collectors, I just don't see it going away. Now, going away from stores? Yes, I can see that happening because it's already happening, but online physical media won't be gone soon (or so I think)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:06 PM   #1482
Hi-Def Steve Hi-Def Steve is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hi-Def Steve's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Pasadena, CA
87
155
7
1
127
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
Seems like all Best Buy does is overpriced steelbooks and Disney products. Not that it's much worse than my local Target or Walmart. Physical media is mostly dead in brick and mortar shops. And online shopping is becoming more limited as well. It's Amazon's world and we're just living in it.
One week ago my Best Buy had a ton of Disney and Marvel movies. This week they are ALL gone. What does Best Buy do with all these movies?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:31 PM   #1483
314carpenter 314carpenter is online now
Senior Member
 
314carpenter's Avatar
 
Jan 2020
Madison
229
1833
168
182
80
160
19
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Def Steve View Post
One week ago my Best Buy had a ton of Disney and Marvel movies. This week they are ALL gone. What does Best Buy do with all these movies?
Brick and mortar have contracts. Depending on the contract it works like this.

New stock inventory buybacks go back to the wholesaler. Like this place.
https://www.aent.com/service/dvd-and...s-distribution

All of the returns or damaged product goes into gaylords like these to be sold at auction.
https://wholesalemediadirect.com/pro...ord-bulk-dvds/
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
impasse (03-30-2021), Jar Jar Stinks (03-24-2021), RxDreamer (03-26-2021)
Old 03-24-2021, 10:11 PM   #1484
BluMan28 BluMan28 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
BluMan28's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
186
647
6
0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider View Post
The problem with digital is that your stuff can disappear anytime the service decides. Or if you're internet is down, you can't watch anything. And streaming services don't have everything. I can never really see physical media going away completely. And with companies like Shout, Arrow, etc. making collector's editions for collectors, I just don't see it going away. Now, going away from stores? Yes, I can see that happening because it's already happening, but online physical media won't be gone soon (or so I think)
Right, it's shifting from a mass-produced mass-marketed mass-distributed product to one that is purely made for collectors. But, that also means stores like Best Buy won't use that product as a loss leader anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:47 PM   #1485
Hi-Def Steve Hi-Def Steve is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hi-Def Steve's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Pasadena, CA
87
155
7
1
127
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314carpenter View Post
Brick and mortar have contracts. Depending on the contract it works like this.

New stock inventory buybacks go back to the wholesaler. Like this place.
https://www.aent.com/service/dvd-and...s-distribution

All of the returns or damaged product goes into gaylords like these to be sold at auction.
https://wholesalemediadirect.com/pro...ord-bulk-dvds/
Interesting
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:03 AM   #1486
greenwolfe7 greenwolfe7 is offline
Member
 
Jun 2014
2
20
1
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider View Post
The problem with digital is that your stuff can disappear anytime the service decides. Or if you're internet is down, you can't watch anything. And streaming services don't have everything. I can never really see physical media going away completely. And with companies like Shout, Arrow, etc. making collector's editions for collectors, I just don't see it going away. Now, going away from stores? Yes, I can see that happening because it's already happening, but online physical media won't be gone soon (or so I think)
I want the show in your avatar on physical media along with lots of Netflix originals
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MaskedRider (03-27-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 12:31 AM   #1487
Mnementh Mnementh is offline
Senior Member
 
Mnementh's Avatar
 
Nov 2011
-
-
1
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider View Post
The problem with digital is that your stuff can disappear anytime the service decides. Or if you're internet is down, you can't watch anything. And streaming services don't have everything. I can never really see physical media going away completely.
Digital downloads could make physical media go away and not suffer from the problems you mentioned.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 PM.