Best iTunes Music Deals


Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Phil Collins: Love Songs (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Coldplay: X & Y (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Bill Withers: Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Pantera: The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Black Sabbath: Greatest Hits 1970-1978 (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Aretha Franklin: 30 Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
The Goo Goo Dolls: Greatest Hits Volume One - The Singles (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Madonna: The Immaculate Collection (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #21
hagios hagios is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
hagios's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
576
3862
1146
1
Smile

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:02 PM   #22
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
62
416
9
72
149
Default

Although it came out in 2006, this record by Surreal and DJ Balance has a real 90s feel to it.

One of my favorites of the last ten years.

...feel free to post your own examples of great post-90s 90s sounding hip hop music.

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:51 PM   #23
DragonOfTheBlackPool DragonOfTheBlackPool is offline
Power Member
 
DragonOfTheBlackPool's Avatar
 
Jul 2012
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Although it came out in 2006, this record by Surreal and DJ Balance has a real 90s feel to it.

One of my favorites of the last ten years.

...feel free to post your own examples of great post-90s 90s sounding hip hop music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1nRKXF5z6I
Celph Titled & Buckwild - Nineteen Ninety Now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:18 AM   #24
classicmaterial classicmaterial is offline
Special Member
 
classicmaterial's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
New England
18
765
93
Default

Jeru's second album is underrated as is the second Digable Planets album. Also the No I.D. album and Mood's "Doom" are both highly underrated although the internet has given them new life over the years
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:34 AM   #25
harpolini harpolini is offline
Expert Member
 
harpolini's Avatar
 
Nov 2012
WA, USA
18
237
92
3
1
Default

Hasn't lost it fierceness yet, whenever I need the juice...


Also, what about the epic, unpopular, hard hitting collaboration tracks?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bootsy (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 01:37 AM   #26
classicmaterial classicmaterial is offline
Special Member
 
classicmaterial's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
New England
18
765
93
Default

Forgot one of my favorites....Erick Sermon's "No Pressure" such a solid album even though we all missed EPMD.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bootsy (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 03:14 AM   #27
bootsy bootsy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bootsy's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
150
480
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicmaterial View Post
Forgot one of my favorites....Erick Sermon's "No Pressure" such a solid album even though we all missed EPMD.
This is a good one. It never took off like you expected it too because it happened right after EPMD first broke up but still a good album.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:15 AM   #28
bootsy bootsy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
bootsy's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
150
480
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpolini View Post
Hasn't lost it fierceness yet, whenever I need the juice...

Paris - Sleeping With the Enemy - FULL ALBUM - YouTube
Love this album.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:43 PM   #29
Kenshiro 26 Kenshiro 26 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2010
In the Singularity of a Black Hole
59
59
Default

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 05:31 PM   #30
classicmaterial classicmaterial is offline
Special Member
 
classicmaterial's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
New England
18
765
93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro 26 View Post
Pretty sure this album isn't underrated at all. It's a known classic
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:04 PM   #31
Kenshiro 26 Kenshiro 26 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2010
In the Singularity of a Black Hole
59
59
Default

Yeah, was gonna write something to that effect. I'm really just posting some of my favorites.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #32
jd_from_da_80s jd_from_da_80s is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jd_from_da_80s's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Ol' Harlem, Not New Harlem
187
828
19
261
70
Default

Granted, I was only in the 8th grade when it came out, but I remember listening to "Mr. Scarface is Back" thinking it was one of the greatest albums I ever heard & nobody else heard it until I put them on. So I'm not sure how slept on it was being my world was school, after school, home. I was just listening to a couple of tracks over the weekend.

I'm glad to see Streetz is a Mutha (love that title track) Doe or Die, Liquid Swords, To Da Death, Muddy Waters, Word...Life, Soul of Ice, Uptown Saturday Night mentioned. I remember a lot of people straight up hating Muddy Waters & I just couldn't understand it. A lot of people I knew didn't give Ras Kass the time of day & I had friends that didn't even listen to Doe or Die because of the cover.

A lot of other joints mentioned aren't underrated IMO, maybe because I heard them being played all of the time.

I actually loved The Predator when I was younger, but now can only listen to maybe 3 tracks from it. No way it's better than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted IMO

Every M.O.P album is underrated. Even Warriorz & that has their most popular track & that's not in the top 5 of the best songs on Warriorz. Lil Fame is so underrated as a producer (that's for another thread) Favorite group of all time, followed by The L.O.X for a close 2nd.

Gonna throw up a couple more that should be listed.
Pieces of a Man - AZ
Roots of Evil - Kool G Rap
Da Shining- Smif N Wessun
6 Feet Deep - Gravediggaz
50 Cent - Power of the Dollar (I know it was shelved, but still...)
Black Trash - Sticky Fingaz, this came out in 2001, but if you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 PM   #33
Kenshiro 26 Kenshiro 26 is offline
Member
 
Oct 2010
In the Singularity of a Black Hole
59
59
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Malv1 (04-02-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 11:30 PM   #34
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
62
416
9
72
149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_from_da_80s View Post
Granted, I was only in the 8th grade when it came out, but I remember listening to "Mr. Scarface is Back" thinking it was one of the greatest albums I ever heard & nobody else heard it until I put them on. So I'm not sure how slept on it was being my world was school, after school, home. I was just listening to a couple of tracks over the weekend.

I'm glad to see Streetz is a Mutha (love that title track) Doe or Die, Liquid Swords, To Da Death, Muddy Waters, Word...Life, Soul of Ice, Uptown Saturday Night mentioned. I remember a lot of people straight up hating Muddy Waters & I just couldn't understand it. A lot of people I knew didn't give Ras Kass the time of day & I had friends that didn't even listen to Doe or Die because of the cover.

A lot of other joints mentioned aren't underrated IMO, maybe because I heard them being played all of the time.

I actually loved The Predator when I was younger, but now can only listen to maybe 3 tracks from it. No way it's better than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted IMO

Every M.O.P album is underrated. Even Warriorz & that has their most popular track & that's not in the top 5 of the best songs on Warriorz. Lil Fame is so underrated as a producer (that's for another thread) Favorite group of all time, followed by The L.O.X for a close 2nd.

Gonna throw up a couple more that should be listed.
Pieces of a Man - AZ
Roots of Evil - Kool G Rap
Da Shining- Smif N Wessun
6 Feet Deep - Gravediggaz
50 Cent - Power of the Dollar (I know it was shelved, but still...)
Black Trash - Sticky Fingaz, this came out in 2001, but if you haven't heard it, do yourself a favor.
Liquid Swords is one of my five favorite records of all time, so I suppose I have a hard time viewing it as underrated.

What three songs on The Predator do you like?

Personally I think the whole album is dope from start to finish.

...maybe one or two fillers tracks that could go.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:32 PM   #35
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
62
416
9
72
149
Default

Probably not underrated by the hardcores, but never felt it got much love from anyone else.

...I love it.

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jd_from_da_80s (02-23-2016), Russ103 (02-26-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 01:38 AM   #36
jd_from_da_80s jd_from_da_80s is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jd_from_da_80s's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Ol' Harlem, Not New Harlem
187
828
19
261
70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
Liquid Swords is one of my five favorite records of all time, so I suppose I have a hard time viewing it as underrated.

What three songs on The Predator do you like?

Personally I think the whole album is dope from start to finish.

...maybe one or two fillers tracks that could go.
OK, maybe not underrated, but as somebody else said about other albums, under-appreciated, very under-appreciated.

Not counting the singles from The Predator (Except Wicked, which I loved when I was younger but now, not a fan)

When Will They Shoot
Tear This MFer Up
Now I Gotta Wet Cha

I can tolerate
Don't Trust Em
Gangsta Fairytale 2
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:43 AM   #37
Clark Kent Clark Kent is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Clark Kent's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Metropolis
2
180
Default

Keith Murray's first two albums are wildly underrated.





While the released version of Enigma is still pretty tight, the pre-release cassette version was bananas. They must have had uncleared samples on it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jd_from_da_80s (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 03:47 AM   #38
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
62
416
9
72
149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_from_da_80s View Post
OK, maybe not underrated, but as somebody else said about other albums, under-appreciated, very under-appreciated.

Not counting the singles from The Predator (Except Wicked, which I loved when I was younger but now, not a fan)

When Will They Shoot
Tear This MFer Up
Now I Gotta Wet Cha

I can tolerate
Don't Trust Em
Gangsta Fairytale 2
You're saying you don't like Wicked?

...seriously?

  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:49 AM   #39
Ray Jackson Ray Jackson is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Ray Jackson's Avatar
 
Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA
62
416
9
72
149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_from_da_80s View Post
OK, maybe not underrated, but as somebody else said about other albums, under-appreciated, very under-appreciated.

Not counting the singles from The Predator (Except Wicked, which I loved when I was younger but now, not a fan)

When Will They Shoot
Tear This MFer Up
Now I Gotta Wet Cha

I can tolerate
Don't Trust Em
Gangsta Fairytale 2
I suppose you're gonna tell me you're one of those "I can't stand Today Was a Good Day because it's too commercial sounding" fellas?

Come on bro!

Today Was a Good Day is a dope track.

...and I'll pop a cap in any man who says otherwise.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Ray O. Blu (02-25-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 10:56 AM   #40
jd_from_da_80s jd_from_da_80s is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jd_from_da_80s's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Ol' Harlem, Not New Harlem
187
828
19
261
70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
I suppose you're gonna tell me you're one of those "I can't stand Today Was a Good Day because it's too commercial sounding" fellas?

Come on bro!

Today Was a Good Day is a dope track.

...and I'll pop a cap in any man who says otherwise.
I love Today Was a Good Day, but like I said, I didn't include the singles in my list, those are automatic, except for Wicked. Maybe it's because he threw shade at my beloved Buffalo Bills.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:37 AM.