Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Web (Blu-ray)
$16.59
4 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Voyagers 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
3 hrs ago
Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
10 hrs ago
Working Girls (Blu-ray)
$29.49
4 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$39.99
4 hrs ago
10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Thunderbolt (Blu-ray)
$16.59
4 hrs ago
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar (Blu-ray)
$12.99
12 hrs ago
The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-30-2017, 12:42 AM   #1

May 2009
Default W4S ( Wyred 4 sound )

Sup guys- Has anyone else been using these amps? Wyred 4 Sound has really impressed me...especially since they are internet direct and don't inflate their prices ( like many well known brands are notorious for ). For those of you looking to get into separates, it's a solid company, IMHO.

These amps sell around the same price point as Rotel, but I've found them to be of greater value. I've owned 4 different Wyred products over the past 11 years, never had a single issue with any of them yet. Effortless control over the music with outstanding build quality. ...Not to single out Rotel, but I've owned both and this is what I experienced over the years.

Enjoy fellas!!

Last edited by Krelldog1977; 05-30-2017 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:13 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krelldog1977 View Post
Sup guys- Has anyone else been using these amps? Wyred 4 Sound has really impressed me...especially since they are internet direct and don't inflate their prices ( like many well known brands are notorious for ). For those of you looking to get into separates, it's a solid company, IMHO.

These amps sell around the same price point as Rotel, but I've found them to be of greater value. I've owned 4 different Wyred products over the past 11 years, never had a single issue with any of them yet. Effortless control over the music with outstanding build quality. ...Not to single out Rotel, but I've owned both and this is what I experienced over the years.

Enjoy fellas!!
I had a STI-500 before I started on my Naim journey.
Thanks given by:
Krelldog1977 (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 01:44 AM   #3

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
I had a STI-500 before I started on my Naim journey.
Nice! I had been to a local shop and they dealt with Rotel and Naim products......All I can recall is the manager there stating, " The Naim gear is of no comparison compared to Rotel "....they must sound great, are you 100% pleased with their performance?
Old 05-30-2017, 06:01 AM   #4
Special Member

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

I have mAMP's running my R & L channels and a 5 channel MMC (mono's in one chassis) for my center, surrounds, and zone 2 (outside deck) speakers. I love these amps. I have been into high end audio for a good 30+ years and these things sound great. They are very neutral, extremely transparent, and powerful. Class D has come a long way since the early days. You are correct, their internet direct sales philosophy results in one of the best price to performance ratios available in the high end amp market. Mine have been very reliable as well.
Thanks given by:
Krelldog1977 (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Nice! I had been to a local shop and they dealt with Rotel and Naim products......All I can recall is the manager there stating, " The Naim gear is of no comparison compared to Rotel "....they must sound great, are you 100% pleased with their performance?
So far I am. My usage has gone from 90% HT 10% music to about the exact opposite. I still buy movies but I have many unopened too.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #6

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I have mAMP's running my R & L channels and a 5 channel MMC (mono's in one chassis) for my center, surrounds, and zone 2 (outside deck) speakers. I love these amps. I have been into high end audio for a good 30+ years and these things sound great. They are very neutral, extremely transparent, and powerful. Class D has come a long way since the early days. You are correct, their internet direct sales philosophy results in one of the best price to performance ratios available in the high end amp market. Mine have been very reliable as well.

Thanks for the feedback- Looks like we have a very similar setup. I have the stereo version of the mAMP monoblocks ( with the ST-1000mkii ), and am using their 5 channel MMC to power the center and surrounds. I'm blown away by the price to performance ratio they provide,...would have never thought class D amps would get to this level of fidelity within such a short time period. The amps have always been left on most of the time and still zero issues...not a single glitch.
Enjoy!
Thanks given by:
antennahead (05-30-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 09:37 PM   #7
Special Member

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback- Looks like we have a very similar setup. I have the stereo version of the mAMP monoblocks ( with the ST-1000mkii ), and am using their 5 channel MMC to power the center and surrounds. I'm blown away by the price to performance ratio they provide,...would have never thought class D amps would get to this level of fidelity within such a short time period. The amps have always been left on most of the time and still zero issues...not a single glitch.
Enjoy!
I leave mine on all the time as well, although I do have them and everything else plugged into my Belkin surge protector. It has saved me more than once on surges/outages/brown outs
Old 05-31-2017, 12:23 AM   #8

May 2009

Quote:
I leave mine on all the time as well, although I do have them and everything else plugged into my Belkin surge protector. It has saved me more than once on surges/outages/brown outs
Good stuff! I just bought a cheap surge suppressor as soon as I grabbed the ST-1000....def worth it.

My friend Chuck is looking to go with a very old krell KAS stereo amp over a new wyred amp.........The caps in a 30 yr. old krell would need full replacing.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:11 AM   #9
Special Member

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Good stuff! I just bought a cheap surge suppressor as soon as I grabbed the ST-1000....def worth it.

My friend Chuck is looking to go with a very old krell KAS stereo amp over a new wyred amp.........The caps in a 30 yr. old krell would need full replacing.
I'm guessing with replacing all the old caps, that thing will still sound great. I bet it weighs a ton though One of the things I like about our amps is the light weight. I had Odyssey Stratos monoblocs prior to the W4S, and they weighed about 60 lbs each
Old 05-31-2017, 01:56 AM   #10

May 2009

Quote:
I'm guessing with replacing all the old caps, that thing will still sound great. I bet it weighs a ton though One of the things I like about our amps is the light weight. I had Odyssey Stratos monoblocs prior to the W4S, and they weighed about 60 lbs each
I love the weight factor.....my previous amp was an old school 5 channel California Audio Labs Beast....over 90lbs...could heat an entire living room!

Then lugging my cousins FPB300cx around was not easy either! The light weight of our amps, plus the sheer dynamics ( power +speed ) lend an optimistic eye to the future of Class D and other novel hybrid amps.
We'll see what happens!
Old 05-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #11
Expert Member

Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex

Quote:

Enjoy fellas!!
I have researched external amp's for my set up for quite some time, but have chosen to wait until I'm ready to go full 4K , and the Atmos/DTS-X/Auro3D route. I'm after a good quality 5/7 channel amp along with a few more for the height channel's. I'm very familiar with Emotiva's, which have a huge fan base, and do sound great for the price. I have no brand in mind, but would prefer something beside's EMO's. I have heard about W4Sound, but never punched up the website too see what they offer, until now. Very impressed with what the website shown, especially the review's, and most of all, the price. It will be a while before I'm ready to go this route, but now I have another good amp company too consider. Thank's Krell .

Last edited by Dwayne; 05-31-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #12

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
I have researched external amp's for my set up for quite some time, but have chosen to wait until I'm ready to go full 4K , and the Atmos/DTS-X/Auro3D route. I'm after a good quality 5/7 channel amp along with a few more for the height channel's. I'm very familiar with Emotiva's, which have a huge fan base, and do sound great for the price. I have no brand in mind, but would prefer something beside's EMO's. I have heard about W4Sound, but never punched up the website too see what they offer, until now. Very impressed with what the website shown, especially the review's, and most of all, the price. It will be a while before I'm ready to go this route, but now I have another good amp company too consider. Thank's Krell .

You bet D! The MMC amp holds up to 7 channels under one chassis...more than enough power for an entire setup. I'm very pleased...
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (06-01-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 02:11 AM   #13
Special Member

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Quote:
You bet D! The MMC amp holds up to 7 channels under one chassis...more than enough power for an entire setup. I'm very pleased...
I have the 5 channel version powering my center and surrounds and zone 2, Dwayne, and it is superb!
Thanks given by:
Dwayne (06-01-2017), Krelldog1977 (06-01-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems