Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99

Phil Collins: Love Songs (iTunes)
$6.99

Coldplay: X & Y (iTunes)
$4.99

Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto (iTunes)
$4.99

Black Sabbath: Greatest Hits 1970-1978 (iTunes)
$6.99

Bill Withers: Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers (iTunes)
$6.99

Pantera: The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! (iTunes)
$6.99

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99

Madonna: The Immaculate Collection (iTunes)
$6.99

The Goo Goo Dolls: Greatest Hits Volume One - The Singles (iTunes)
$6.99

Slipknot: Antennas To Hell (iTunes)
$6.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
I used to think symphonic metal was the perfect blend--all the beauty of opera and symphony with the power of metal. A lot of it is quite potent and cathartic, but it's lost its charm with me over the years--latest albums by my favorite acts didn't really wow me.

I seem to be swinging more towards industrial metal as my favorite jam these days. Even the older stuff sounds like music of the future.
what industrial metal bands do you listen to?
Old 07-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #22
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfridebuzz View Post
what industrial metal bands do you listen to?
Just about everything by Klayton (Celldweller, Circle of Dust, some solo works) and other bands his label supports (especially Blue Stahli). I definitely love all of Trent Reznor's work too (NIN, HTDA, and the movie scores). Between the two, I'm not sure who I'd list as my favorite. Reznor probably has the longer, more successful career with songs of greater impact, but Klayton has a crap-ton of independent work, especially over the past ten years or so, which is consistently catchy and fun to listen to.

Aside from them, I enjoy various albums by KMFDM, Collide, 3TEETH, Front Line Assembly, and Zilch (the Japanese group with hide). Can sometimes dig the higher-tempo bands like Rammstein, Rob Zombie and his bro PM5K, Filter, Stabbing Westward, Emigrate, and Static-X. Never got around to listening to Skinny Puppy or Coil--I oughta one of these days. Have some Eisbrecher, Feindflug, and Orgy but haven't listened to them much. Ministry is a little too fast and hard for my tastes, but I do like some of their work.

Last edited by Al_The_Strange; 07-19-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Thanks given by:
mikeyfridebuzz (07-19-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2016
Quixote's Coop at Bucketheadland
Question 432 Hz or 440 Hz?

https://www.collective-evolution.com...usic-to-432hz/

http://www.viewzone.com/432hertz222.html

http://factmyth.com/factoids/432-hz-...r-than-440-hz/
Old 07-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #24
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Huh. It all sounds new-age-ish to me, but what the hell I downloaded a converter tool and used it on a Motley Crue song I had stuck in my head.

My first impression is that the sound felt more natural. Less glossy or polished, seemed like I could hear more instrumentals and vocals I never noticed before. But I worry about whether the process (which, I think, automatically changed the frequency but altered the time/pitch to match) mucks up the file. Thought I might have heard some distortions.

Tried it on a chillout song now--I think it sounds the same, but hey maybe it'll relax me more.

Not sure if I'd really want to go through with converting my whole collection, but I might seek out content originally recorded in 432hz. Heard one sample track and it did sound nice.
Thanks given by:
BucketheadPikes (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 08:01 PM   #25
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

I miss Steve Sanders of the Oak Ridge Boys so much.

God bless you and everyone else who loves him always!!!

Holly (forever wishing that I had discovered him sooner)

P.S. Steve is the one on the left.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (08-16-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 11:20 PM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2016
Quixote's Coop at Bucketheadland
Default The 432 Hertz Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
[Show spoiler]Huh. It all sounds new-age-ish to me, but what the hell I downloaded a converter tool and used it on a Motley Crue song I had stuck in my head.

My first impression is that the sound felt more natural. Less glossy or polished, seemed like I could hear more instrumentals and vocals I never noticed before. But I worry about whether the process (which, I think, automatically changed the frequency but altered the time/pitch to match) mucks up the file. Thought I might have heard some distortions.

Tried it on a chillout song now--I think it sounds the same, but hey maybe it'll relax me more.

Not sure if I'd really want to go through with converting my whole collection, but I might seek out content originally recorded in 432hz. Heard one sample track and it did sound nice.
I found some of this to be pretty interesting, especially the comments at the bottom of the factmyth page. I just thought that somebody else here might find something of interest, so I figured I'd share. I doubt that I'll be converting my music collection anytime soon. I appreciate your input, thanks.
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (07-23-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #27
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

Last year for our Anniversary, my wife got me tickets for Steve Earle and when we went, the performance was almost surreal. I know his music, but I had no idea how fricken great they are live.
There’s a fella here at work that I discuss music with cause we have similar taste in genres. I told him about how fn awesome Steve Earle is and a few months ago, tickets went on sale for an upcoming show. They’re touring in celebration of the 30 year anniversary of “Copperhead Road”. They’re gonna perform that album then “whatever else”.
That Fella got tickets and was also telling others on his crew that they should go. He also told them that I said Steve Earle was fn awesome live so several of them are now going too. There’s at least a half dozen of them, along with spouses, and they’re all psyched for the show and also to party together afterwards, which rarely happens.
Now that my words have created some hype, I’m hoping that the show is spectacular. After what we saw last year, I have no doubt that it will be. But at the same time there’s a small part of my brain that says “C’mon man, you better bring it!”
😊😝
Old 08-16-2018, 01:45 AM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

For any past or present fans of Van Halen, “Van Halen Rising” by Greg Renoff is EXCELLENT!!
It’s among the best bios that I’ve read!
Old 08-16-2018, 04:51 AM   #29
Expert Member

Dec 2015
San Diego, CA

I liked Greta Van Fleet when they were called Wolfmother.
Thanks given by:
Gator66 (12-05-2020)
Old 08-31-2018, 04:49 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

When I first got my wireless headphones last month, I wanted the first album I listened to, be a special one. I chose Dire Staits’ Brothers In Arms.

Today I am breaking in my replacement headphones and again, wanted to choose a special album, so it’s Def Leppard’s Hysteria.

BIA is widely regarded as a 5 star album. Is Hysteria? I’ve always thought 4.5, but enough time has passed and it’s still as good as ever and I think it should be in that elite company.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

I'm listening to Brother's in Arms on sacd again, but wired from my avr and omg...
Old 09-02-2018, 09:24 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

I have another concert of the Dixie Chicks, but on DVD and it is excellent!
After watching their latest concert, on Blu, I totally regret not making better effort to see them live. They’re very talented and put on a great show!
Old 09-02-2018, 11:27 PM   #33
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

Why couldn't I have been born sooner? Another act that had their shining moments while I was still too young to appreciate them is the AKA band by the name of Sawyer Brown.

God bless you and every member always!!!

Holly (born in 1982)

P.S. AKA stands for butt kicking awesome and if there was ever an act who was way over looked for the award show bling, it would be them. Only one Best New Artist CMA and one ACM Group of the Year award in my opinion is a complete and total sheer and severe musical industry injustice! Thank God awards are not what get the bills taken care of or every member of the act would not even have two coins to rub together!
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-03-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 06:48 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

We're starting to throw around ideas on how we can attend the STP/Seether concert next month. These trips always cost us a bundle and it'd be great to not do that this time.
I love Seether and want to see the show very badly.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:51 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
The £ßÇ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
I have another concert of the Dixie Chicks, but on DVD and it is excellent!
After watching their latest concert, on Blu, I totally regret not making better effort to see them live. They’re very talented and put on a great show!
Wife & I saw them at the Staples Center on November 21, 2000 during the Fly Tour.

Amazing show. Incredible musicians. They played at least 12 different instruments between the three of them during that show.

Random tidbit: I was pumped up after the show and was speeding a bit on the 101 Freeway. Got pulled over by three unmarked DEA cars. They let me go with a warning mostly because I hadn’t been drinking. 89 mph in a 55 mph zone. I was Flying!
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #36
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray O. Blu View Post
Wife & I saw them at the Staples Center on November 21, 2000 during the Fly Tour.

Amazing show. Incredible musicians. They played at least 12 different instruments between the three of them during that show.

Random tidbit: I was pumped up after the show and was speeding a bit on the 101 Freeway. Got pulled over by three unmarked DEA cars. They let me go with a warning mostly because I hadn’t been drinking. 89 mph in a 55 mph zone. I was Flying!
Wicked!

They were the opener for the Eagles a few years ago and I wanted to see them, but didn't make it happen.

If the Dixie Chicks ever tour again and are close to my town, I won't make that mistake again.
Thanks given by:
Ray O. Blu (09-30-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
The end.
Just stumbled upon this thread and had to add my two cents. Although some great musicians have been named, none of them would exist without Robert Johnson.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:59 AM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Forgive me but, is Robert Johnson a blues guitarist?
I’ve heard his name but don’t know who he is.
Why is he revered? Is he a standard that others strive for?

I’m curious. YouTube is blocked where I’m currently at.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:01 AM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
Forgive me but, is Robert Johnson a blues guitarist?
I’ve heard his name but don’t know who he is.
Why is he revered? Is he a standard that others strive for?

I’m curious. YouTube is blocked where I’m currently at.
It is rumoured that he sold his soul to the devil in exchange for the ability to play the guitar. Legendary players like Clapton and Richards consider him a major influence. When you consider who they've influenced you see what I mean. I recommend doing some more research on your own if you're interested.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 03:57 AM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Just stumbled upon this thread and had to add my two cents. Although some great musicians have been named, none of them would exist without Robert Johnson.
There were musicians that inspired Robert Johnson you know, so he wouldn't exist without them.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles