Best iTunes Music Deals

Best iTunes Music Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Chicago: The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Phil Collins: Love Songs (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Coldplay: X & Y (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Coldplay: Mylo Xyloto (iTunes)
$4.99
1 day ago
Black Sabbath: Greatest Hits 1970-1978 (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Bill Withers: Lean On Me: The Best of Bill Withers (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Pantera: The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits! (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
The Goo Goo Dolls: Greatest Hits Volume One - The Singles (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Aretha Franklin: 30 Greatest Hits (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
Madonna: The Immaculate Collection (iTunes)
$6.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles

Old 11-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I was looking around amazon.com today and their search engine for music sucks. Either it shows out of print items or if they have it is only offered as an import so who knows what you will end up getting. I was looking for Pink Floyd's Obscured By Clouds but what comes up first for CD is some import from a third party seller. I had to click on the digital option which then showed a button next to it for the actual version I wanted. Same thing with some recent Iron Maiden remasters. Congrats amazon, you killed off every other music retailer and now you can't even make buying things easy.

They didn't kill off ever other music retailer. There are still record shops out there. I ought to know. I just bought R.E.M.'s 2 LP Monster 25th anniversary reissue, Sturgill Simpson's Sound and Fury CD,, and Omni's Networker CD at a local record shop. Plus, I got R.E.M.'s Monster 25th anniversary 5 CD/Blu-ray on Bull Moose and got it one day before actual street date. Amazon didn't kill anything.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #42
Expert Member

Jul 2013
Pennsylvania, USA

Haven't bought CDs in years. Don't miss them, the skipping and how they scratch so easily. No way am I investing in vinyl.

Streaming and digital is the only way to go.

As for audio quality, as long as I can hear it, that's good enough for me. Convenience and saving shelf space and money trump anything else.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:51 PM   #43
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2014
NH USA

Buy my music
Old 08-17-2020, 12:19 AM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by heineken View Post
Haven't bought CDs in years. Don't miss them, the skipping and how they scratch so easily. No way am I investing in vinyl.

As for audio quality, as long as I can hear it, that's good enough for me. Convenience and saving shelf space and money trump anything else.
I still buy Vinyl and CDs whenever I can and I don't have any shelf space issues nor am I spending any more than I would on a couple of Blu-rays/4K UHDs for Vinyl and CD. You just have to know where to shop.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:30 AM   #45
Special Member

Jun 2012
Germany

I still very much buy CDs. Probably around 150 just this year alone. I will never switch to digital unless I'm forced to.
Thanks given by:
wonkavision (08-30-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 10:41 AM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Christchurch, New Zealand

Just getting back into buying CD's. I bought a new Stereo amp (not arriving until early September), and I am going to use my Panasonic DMP-UB900 4K player to play my CD's. Its been redundant since I bought the Panasonic DMP-UB820 to replace it.

I also subscribe to Apple Music, and the amp has Airplay on board.

I looked at buying a turntable as well, after seeing pics of the Guns N Roses Greatest Hits splatter Vinyl release coming in September, but decided that Vinyl is too expensive, plus I have already been through that in the 70's.

e.g. The Cat Stevens album "Tea For the Tillerman" is also getting a September release on Vinyl and CD here in New Zealand, titled TFTT2. The standard black Vinyl release is $NZ65, and the CD is $NZ20,

So, yes, I plan to add several CD's to my collection of 27.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (08-28-2020)
Old 08-26-2020, 01:26 AM   #47
Blu-ray.com Reviewer

Feb 2009
Texas

I own hundreds of CDs and have enjoyed purchasing albums and supporting artists this way. Yet CD is no longer the best method of music delivery. I’ll still buy CDs but mainly limited edition releases (such as scores) that aren’t necessarily on streaming. SACD/Blu-ray Audio as a dominant form of releasing music would be awesome but alas that is far from becoming a reality. Probably better for my wallet anyway.

As it stands right now, I find streaming the most convenient and cost effective method of listening to music. Subscribing to Amazon Music HD and streaming through my Marantz receiver, the quality is on par with digital downloads from HDTracks, SACD, etc. A great service that anyone who considers themselves an audiophile should subscribe to.

I’m also collecting vinyl now but only for some of my favorites. I couldn’t resist the “cool” factor and the limited editions (colored vinyl, etc.)

One of my favorite groups (Air) made a vinyl only album. There are other exclusives that aren’t on CD or streaming so that played a factor in adopting in to vinyl for physical ownership.

I’ve decided to stream music while still buying the occasional vinyl or CD. Purchasing high resolution digital tracks is pretty expensive so I don’t see a point with the high res audio streaming options available. It frees up some funds to buy more records (or Blu-ray’s of course).
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-02-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 02:29 AM   #48
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

I do both. Spotify for when I'm in the car, at work, working in the yard, or exercising. Vinyl, CD, or lossless FLAC for when Im listening at home.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:09 AM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

Several years back I sold off all of my CDs. Unfortunately it is a dying industry and something that I think will more than likely become a novelty within the next 10 years. Vinyl has seen a bit of a resurgence but I don't know how long that will last. I have been a subscriber to Apple Music for the past several years and do enjoy it, but I do agree that it isn't the same. I miss as a kid acquiring so many different albums from all sorts of metal bands, a lot of times I would rip the CD to the computer and put it on my iPod or MP3 Player, other time I'd put them in my dedicated CD player and just sit and listen to music for hours at a time, was really a special thing, a shame how times have changed.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (08-30-2020)
Old 08-30-2020, 12:49 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
California

I was buying digital music for simplicity and instant gratification, but have gone back to physical CD's very recently as I am disgusted by the streaming compression and lack of good audio fidelity from all of them (except maybe HD Tracks). I'ver also found it cheaper to buy the CD than the digital album and rip it myself with lossless encoding.

I do have a Spotify premium account for free that I got from an ATT promotion...which is OK when I have nothing else available. I have a lot of music.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (08-30-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2013
Camp Crystal Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkavision View Post
I was buying digital music for simplicity and instant gratification, but have gone back to physical CD's very recently as I am disgusted by the streaming compression and lack of good audio fidelity from all of them (except maybe HD Tracks). I'ver also found it cheaper to buy the CD than the digital album and rip it myself with lossless encoding.

I do have a Spotify premium account for free that I got from an ATT promotion...which is OK when I have nothing else available. I have a lot of music.
Where do you even find CDs anymore though? I mean even Amazon has a fairly limited selection.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:39 PM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw89 View Post
Where do you even find CDs anymore though? I mean even Amazon has a fairly limited selection.
The usual suspects....Amazon, eBay, Rasputins, Ameoba Music, Discogs Marketplace.
Thanks given by:
jdw89 (09-01-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 12:53 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkavision View Post
The usual suspects....Amazon, eBay, Rasputins, Ameoba Music, Discogs Marketplace.
Stream new music. Buy old music. Bandcamp for stuff not easily found (Italian Prog)..
Old 09-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #54
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heineken View Post

If you’re scratching your cds, you’re not a serious music collector.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:52 PM   #55
Expert Member

Jul 2013
Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
If you’re scratching your cds, you’re not a serious music collector.
I'm a music listener first. Why collect music if you're not going to listen to it??
Old 09-16-2020, 10:37 AM   #56

May 2008

Tidal HiFi for streaming and a Spotify account.
I buy certain things on Vinyl, as I love having the big cover art (and sometimes hanging it on the wall).
Old 09-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #57
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

What’s the difference between Apple Music, Spotify and Sirius?

...is it just different catalogues?
Old 09-18-2020, 12:09 AM   #58
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Dry County

Quote:
They have these places called record stores that sell CDs. Lots of major and smaller cities have them. They're still thriving. You'd be amazed what you can find to buy in stores. They even sell casettes. New releases too

Quote:
Several years back I sold off all of my CDs. Unfortunately it is a dying industry and something that I think will more than likely become a novelty within the next 10 years. Vinyl has seen a bit of a resurgence but I don't know how long that will last. I have been a subscriber to Apple Music for the past several years and do enjoy it, but I do agree that it isn't the same. I miss as a kid acquiring so many different albums from all sorts of metal bands, a lot of times I would rip the CD to the computer and put it on my iPod or MP3 Player, other time I'd put them in my dedicated CD player and just sit and listen to music for hours at a time, was really a special thing, a shame how times have changed.
They said the same thing 17 years ago about CDs and Vinyl. Yet, here we are talking about CDs and Vinyl. Not to mention that Vinyl just overtook CDs in sales for the first time in forever. Music in a physical format is here to stay. Heck, look at Taylor Swift's website and you'll see her brand new release on cassette. I think physical media product is safe. They had a whole display of Taylor Swift's new CD at Target last night. And she was selling deluxe limited versions of her new album on CD. The only deluxe thing about them was they had different cover art. Let's not forget The Grateful Dead put a lot of product on CD and Vinyl every year. They alone will probably keep physical media product floating on.
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (12-04-2020), Scarriere (09-21-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 01:22 AM   #59

Nov 2020
Los Angeles

I have all of my albums in physical format. Just too attached to them not to have them around!
Old 12-08-2020, 02:26 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010
Redlands, CA

Spotify and buy on iTunes from my favorite artists
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles