Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99
 
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79
 
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.64
11 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (Blu-ray)
$44.99
23 hrs ago
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
1 hr ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$24.00
 
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 hr ago
Interstellar 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Us (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 hr ago
Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2017, 12:52 PM   #21
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
79
1602
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
For real?
Yup, I'm pretty sure I've never seen a movie he's been in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #22
qb2333 qb2333 is offline
Special Member
 
qb2333's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
59
787
3
1
16
Default

He's definitely done this before:


Daniel Day-Lewis Quits Acting: A History of His Fascinating Retirement Attempts

The Oscar winner’s representative confirmed the sad news on Tuesday—but will it stick this time?
by JULIE MILLER


http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ting-hollywood
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #23
Underworld54 Underworld54 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Underworld54's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Albany NY
163
4
14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Yup, I'm pretty sure I've never seen a movie he's been in.
That's quite a feat, especially since I'm sure you haven't purposely avoided them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #24
Poya Poya is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Poya's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
North Hollywood, CA
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qb2333 View Post
He's definitely done this before:


Daniel Day-Lewis Quits Acting: A History of His Fascinating Retirement Attempts

The Oscar winner’s representative confirmed the sad news on Tuesday—but will it stick this time?
by JULIE MILLER


http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ting-hollywood
It won't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:16 PM   #25
levcore levcore is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
levcore's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Dryland
79
1602
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
That's quite a feat, especially since I'm sure you haven't purposely avoided them.
No I haven't purposely avoided them but he does tend to go films that aren't really my kind of thing. I need to watch Last of the Mohicans to be honest as if probably enjoy that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:08 PM   #26
1blufan 1blufan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
1blufan's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
The Road to Nowhere.
307
3
85
Default

I remember watching In the Name of the Father in the theater, and I was floored by his performance. Up to that point I had really enjoyed all of his earlier films, but for some reason In the Name of the Father was the one that solidified for me that he was easily one of the best actors working in film at that time. Subsequently I can say he's become one of my favorite actors of all time.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:44 PM   #27
qb2333 qb2333 is offline
Special Member
 
qb2333's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
59
787
3
1
16
Default

I don't think anyone disagrees he's a really really ridiculously good actor

[Show spoiler]
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Trekkie313 (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #28
TheLaughingMann TheLaughingMann is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
TheLaughingMann's Avatar
 
Jan 2015
Delaware
938
131
17
25
Default

I think the guy has had a good acting career. I have not been disappointed by him in anything (even in the Crucible, if we're aiming that low in his career). But if he's comfortable with living right now at his age, and with what is out there right now to work with as an actor is not appealing to him, then he can make that choice.

It may be best for us simply to appreciate what he's given us.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:19 PM   #29
Buscemi Buscemi is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Buscemi's Avatar
 
Aug 2013
2
2886
Default

He'll be back. Unless your name is Gene Hackman, retirement in acting is never permanent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #30
Michael24 Michael24 is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
California
294
237
2
Default

I admit some of his more recent movies don't interest me. There Will Be Blood, Gangs of New York, although Lincoln looked wonderful. I would like to see his older films, though, such as My Left Foot, In the Name of the Father and The Boxer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
No I haven't purposely avoided them but he does tend to go films that aren't really my kind of thing. I need to watch Last of the Mohicans to be honest as if probably enjoy that.
I love The Last of the Mohicans. Just a shame it's not that easy to get the original theatrical cut unless you import a foreign DVD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:51 PM   #31
Adam_ME Adam_ME is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Sep 2007
Katy, TX
317
1886
58
4052
271
552
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blufan View Post
I remember watching In the Name of the Father in the theater, and I was floored by his performance. Up to that point I had really enjoyed all of his earlier films, but for some reason In the Name of the Father was the one that solidified for me that he was easily one of the best actors working in film at that time. Subsequently I can say he's become one of my favorite actors of all time.
That was the first performance of his I ever watched. I also saw it in the theater and was blown away. I was PO'd when Tom Hanks won Best Actor for Philadelphia over Day-Lewis. Hanks was obviously the heavy favorite, but that performance was nothing compared to the others in that category. Ironically, Day-Lewis turned down the role in Philadelphia.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:20 PM   #32
BluBonnet BluBonnet is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BluBonnet's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buscemi View Post
He'll be back. Unless your name is Gene Hackman, retirement in acting is never permanent.
I hope not, but so far at least, we seem to be safe from any imminent returns.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:07 PM   #33
KJH2018 KJH2018 is offline
Special Member
 
KJH2018's Avatar
 
Feb 2018
United Kingdom
392
Default




I haven't seen any of his eariler work. The Last of the Mohicans, Gangs of New York, There Will Be Blood and Lincoln are the one's i have seen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #34
Elgie Elgie is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jun 2018
Default

I’ll try to be there when he does Lear.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Hollywood and Celebrities


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49 AM.