Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$76.99
15 hrs ago
Betty Blue (Blu-ray)
$29.49
4 hrs ago
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99
 
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$62.99
5 hrs ago
Now, Voyager (Blu-ray)
$27.37
4 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74
 
All About Eve (Blu-ray)
$29.49
4 hrs ago
Cold War (Blu-ray)
$29.49
4 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Man of Steel 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #21
Forrest Taft Forrest Taft is offline
Junior Member
 
Jan 2013
Default

Anyone know how the UK Odeon release of Royal Flash compares to the Twilight Time?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #22
murphywmm murphywmm is offline
Expert Member
 
Jul 2014
Edmonton, Canada
2695
63
5
1
Default

Thank you for this list. I would rather not buy any fake rarities from Twilight Time. I would rather support better companies who actually make their stuff available (and for much cheaper) like Shout Factory or buy overseas if the price is good.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #23
Dan8700 Dan8700 is online now
Expert Member
 
May 2011
Rome, Italy
1001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphywmm View Post
I would rather not buy any fake rarities from Twilight Time. I would rather support better companies
This 1000 times, TT are useless.
Anyway, two new entries I added 2-3 days ago to the database: Sierra Charriba (Major Dundee) and Carpenter's Christine. Both will be released by Sony in Italy.
Also, Eureka's Rapture (which looks much better than TT's).
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #24
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2014
France
22
305
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan8700 View Post
This 1000 times, TT are useless.
Anyway, two new entries I added 2-3 days ago to the database: Sierra Charriba (Major Dundee) and Carpenter's Christine. Both will be released by Sony in Italy.
Also, Eureka's Rapture (which looks much better than TT's).

How are TT useless ? Are all of their extras carried over onto other releases, for example ? No

Your comment is clearly ignorant and useless.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
hilts (03-28-2015), TaxiTodd (05-04-2016), Widescreenfilmguy (01-29-2015)
Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 PM   #25
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
23
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
How are TT useless ? Are all of their extras carried over onto other releases, for example ? No

Your comment is clearly ignorant and useless.
It is not at all useless. Not only are there far better releases of the same films elsewhere, but there are releases that happen to be uncut, with more extras, with optional subtitles, etc. So, in this case you are the one that has not done your research.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #26
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2014
France
22
305
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
It is not at all useless. Not only are there far better releases of the same films elsewhere, but there are releases that happen to be uncut, with more extras, with optional subtitles, etc. So, in this case you are the one that has not done your research.

Pro-B
As I said, they don't carry over all the TT extras. I have done my research and I am not wrong.

Inserts useless smiley.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TaxiTodd (05-04-2016)
Old 08-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #27
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
23
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
As I said, they don't carry over all the TT extras. I have done my research and I am not wrong.

Inserts useless smiley.
You are wrong, because you tried to limit the argument to extras -- and dropping the 'isolated score, which really is the last thing I would look for as an extra, the argument you wish to have simply does not exist.

The Driver is one of many recent examples -- all extras and uncut version in Europe with a standard price tag.

The list is very long, really.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:32 PM   #28
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2014
France
22
305
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
You are wrong, because you tried to limit the argument to extras -- and dropping the 'isolated score, which really is the last thing I would look for as an extra, the argument you wish to have simply does not exist.

The Driver is one of many recent examples -- all extras and uncut version in Europe with a standard price tag.

The list is very long, really.

Pro-B
So your personal taste dictates that I am wrong

I must be wrong then.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TaxiTodd (05-04-2016)
Old 08-22-2014, 11:36 PM   #29
pro-bassoonist pro-bassoonist is offline
Blu-ray reviewer
 
pro-bassoonist's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
X
47
-
-
-
23
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
So your personal taste dictates that I am wrong I must be wrong then.
Nope. You questioned Dan8700's post and then proceeded to form a rebuttal using your personal opinion as the determining factor as to whether or not his claim was valid.

The facts -- and opinions don't come into play here -- point to a different reality, which is that there are better and cheaper alternatives for the expensive limited editions of many films in different regions.

Pro-B
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #30
AlexIlDottore AlexIlDottore is offline
Banned
 
Jan 2014
France
22
305
58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Nope. You questioned Dan8700's post and then proceeded to form a rebuttal using your personal opinion as the determining factor as to whether or not his claim was valid.

The facts -- and opinions don't come into play here -- point to a different reality, which is that there are better and cheaper alternatives for the expensive limited editions of many films in different regions.

Pro-B
Fine. You or Dan8700 are not fans of isolated scores.

The facts point to alternatives. This does not make TT useless.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TaxiTodd (05-04-2016)
Old 08-24-2014, 06:56 PM   #31
kuro_sawa kuro_sawa is offline
Power Member
 
kuro_sawa's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexIlDottore View Post
Fine. You or Dan8700 are not fans of isolated scores.

The facts point to alternatives. This does not make TT useless.
Either way, why are you fighting for TT over....extras? It's not like they knock it out of the park with extras. In fact it is very rare for one of their titles to include extras beyond an iso. score and Julie Kirgos thoughts at all, let alone really substantial ones. They seem to be getting better, but come on. Did they charge you for the right to be a fan too? Was there $6 4-week shipping with that? < - I'm kidding, nothing personal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #32
Grenseal Grenseal is offline
Member
 
Oct 2011
Scotland
823
Default

Judgment at Nuremberg is available in Australia (as is Inherit the wind, a future TT release I think)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #33
phelings phelings is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

The Thunderbirds movie double bill is also out in Germany complete with the main documentary bonus.
Other bonuses , commentary and isolated score not included
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:19 AM   #34
BobbyMcGee BobbyMcGee is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
BobbyMcGee's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Los Angeles, CA
298
3637
234
Default

Wow, just discovered this thread. Thanks you Op for making it!

I really dislike Twilight Time's business model and would prefer to support other companies that release the same films. So once again thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #35
phelings phelings is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee View Post
Wow, just discovered this thread. Thanks you Op for making it!

I really dislike Twilight Time's business model and would prefer to support other companies that release the same films. So once again thank you.
Unfortunately the majority of TT titles are unlikely to appear elsewhere . There are obvious popular titles where licencing to TT is a mistake but by and large TT release titles that the studios are not interested in releasing themselves.
With VCI , Vinegar Syndrome and Code Red also releasing Limited Edition titles its looks like this is the future for niche movies on bluray.
Limited Editions maintain prices and ensure studios get the cash they need to justify the purchase of movies .
Mass market discs at under $10 a shot won't keep niche labels afloat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #36
Telstar Telstar is offline
Special Member
 
Telstar's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
24
Default

I've heard the amazon.es versions of TT films like Bell Book Candle, Big Heat and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (as well as non-TT titles like Lady from Shanhai) are burnt bd-r discs. Does anyone know anything about this?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:35 PM   #37
Erasmus Craven Erasmus Craven is offline
Senior Member
 
Erasmus Craven's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Switzerland
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
I've heard the amazon.es versions of TT films like Bell Book Candle, Big Heat and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (as well as non-TT titles like Lady from Shanhai) are burnt bd-r discs. Does anyone know anything about this?
The spanish discs of The Big Heat and Bell, Book and Candle, both by Feel Films and distributed by resen, are BD-r discs. Alfredo Garcia is not and seems like it might be legit (more on that in the Spanish forum).
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:34 PM   #38
fuzzymctiger fuzzymctiger is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Aug 2012
Melbourne, Australia
18
641
1
1
Default

Judgment at Nuremberg, Christine, and Fright Night all have Australian releases now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #39
sandy_bridge sandy_bridge is offline
Senior Member
 
May 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus Craven View Post
The spanish discs of The Big Heat and Bell, Book and Candle, both by Feel Films and distributed by resen, are BD-r discs. Alfredo Garcia is not and seems like it might be legit (more on that in the Spanish forum).
From what I know Feel/Resen/Llamentol releases are all knockoffs of small boutique studios releases (mainly American) with spanish audio/subs added (probably from DVD). Most are BD-R SL, and some are pressed BD50 (I'm guessing the ones they couldn't strip down to fit BD25).

Oddly, they are sold through amazon and other legit outlets.

They knocked off lots of releases from TT, Kino Lorber, Olive, Warner Archives and so on (I think even some Fox releases).
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:03 AM   #40
gusw666 gusw666 is offline
Active Member
 
gusw666's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5
380
15
Default

Wow, fantastic thread!! great way to get some titles, I got several on my list now, thank you all for the info!

Gus
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:17 PM.