Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$12.99
7 hrs ago
Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Upgrade (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.64
20 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
9 hrs ago
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$24.00

Star Trek: Discovery Season Two (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Arrow: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 02-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #101

Oct 2014
Baltimore area

Well, Sir.

It seems you and I have a bit in common. I have agoraphobia. I have OCD; not the "I like to dust my shelves" kind that people mistake for OCD; the screw and unscrew the cap before you can take a drink of your soda is the kind with which I deal.

I have Asperger's as well, but it's rather mild. I recognize emotion. I just don't reciprocate. I know that I love someone, but I don't feel that I love someone. I hope that makes sense.

Anyway, I suppose this is the moment where I ask you a question.

Which of these two events would you rather endure?

Have 100 strangers hug you or have 100 strangers tell you a joke and have to laugh after each one?
Old 02-26-2017, 12:05 AM   #102
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I had to share this, before too much of it fades from my mind.

I had a dream about my Mom last night. She was dressed in a soft white gown, and her hair was a lighter shade of blonde. There was a huge white glow all around, and she was smiling at me. This may not mean much to some of you, but it was huge for me. In my dream, I got to hug her...and it was wonderful to know for certain she's really with God. I have missed her so much since she passed, and all I can say is "Thank You, Jesus! Glory to God! Glory to God!"
You've had some amazing experiences and challenges, reading through your past two pages. this one is just wonderful. really heartwarming.

well done on this, keep on keepin on!.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:27 AM   #103
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMineHD View Post
It seems you and I have a bit in common. I have agoraphobia. I have OCD; not the "I like to dust my shelves" kind that people mistake for OCD; the screw and unscrew the cap before you can take a drink of your soda is the kind with which I deal.
The only thing I tend to get consciously repetitive with, is washing my hands. Its not like using separate bars or anything, but I just don't feel clean while hurrying. I also take fairly-long showers, for the same reason (30 minutes on average).

Quote:
I have Asperger's as well, but it's rather mild. I recognize emotion. I just don't reciprocate. I know that I love someone, but I don't feel that I love someone. I hope that makes sense.
I recognize the emotions pretty easily; its part of being a so-called "hopeless romantic". If people want to understand me, I usually tell them to think of two film characters: Doc Brown and Stanley Ipkiss.

Quote:
Which of these two events would you rather endure?

Have 100 strangers hug you or have 100 strangers tell you a joke and have to laugh after each one?
In all honesty, probably the former. I'm terrible at faking laughs and I don't like hurting people's feelings. If some of the huggers weren't very clean, I could always hit the shower later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rouge View Post
You've had some amazing experiences and challenges, reading through your past two pages. this one is just wonderful. really heartwarming.

well done on this, keep on keepin on!.
Thanks, but I can't claim much of the credit. God truly gets the glory, for the fact I'm still alive, much less peaceful for any consistent span of time. I recently started taking Zyprexa and Prozac, in addition to my epilepsy and sleep-aid pills. People keep telling me to get involved in the world, instead of isolating myself so much. While I see their point, it often feels like distraction for its own sake. The hardest part of Asperger's for me, is having such a huge vocabulary and not being able to explain my mental and emotional differences to people, beyond the extremely simple.

Thanks to you both for the awesome follow-ups; here's hoping this thread gets shocked back to life again soon!
Old 10-28-2017, 05:18 AM   #104
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

A new shirt, to go with my ring...which I forgot to wear before taking the picture. D'oh!

Old 01-07-2018, 05:22 AM   #105
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I read this a few weeks ago, and saw it again. I need so much help, believing my Mom isn't really gone and that my life still has a purpose. Please pray for me; I'm scared and angry with no clue what to do.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:24 AM   #106
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
I read this a few weeks ago, and saw it again. I need so much help, believing my Mom isn't really gone and that my life still has a purpose. Please pray for me; I'm scared and angry with no clue what to do.

We all have a purpose. Like you asked , just said a prayer for you.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:13 AM   #107
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I just heard from my sister a few hours ago, that my Grandpa is being brought to my aunt's house under 24-hour hospice care. He is 77 years old, and was in a car crash several years ago that greatly impacted his health. From what I was told, it seems like he doesn't have much time left. I was never as close to him as I'd have liked, but he was very much the loner type. He worked as a mechanic while enlisted in the Marine Corps during the 1960s, and then became an active soldier when the Vietnam War broke out. He never spoke about it to me, but the story in the family was that his CO handed him a gun and said, "Shoot anyone that's not you."

My Grandpa is one of the very few elders I have left in my family. His first wife (my Grandma) passed in 2013, and my Mom followed in 2015. Grandpa was one of five kids himself, and had at least eight that we know of (faithfulness was not his strong suit). All his siblings have preceded him in death, save for my great-aunt Carol (his sister). So I just ask any of you who are willing, to please pray for him. He's had a very rough life, harder than I think most could imagine. While this doesn't excuse his more irresponsible behavior over the years, I do feel it provides some explanation for it. His name is Cletis, and I'm pretty sure I won't get to see him before the end. I do wonder though, if he'll be given a military funeral by the government...since he did serve in the Marines for 20 years. That would be interesting, for a relative of mine to end up buried in Arlington National Cemetery...though I highly doubt my Grandpa ever considered himself anyone's hero.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #108
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

My Grandpa passed away three days ago, and at the same time I spent over a week at a psychiatric hospital. I'm moving from my current residence tomorrow, so I won't be as much of a regular around here for a while. I know not that many people check this thread, but for those who do I wanted to keep you in the loop. I'll do my best to let you know, the moment my "real life" becomes more stable; please pray for me. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #109
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I am now living in the suburb of Montgomery, just outside of Conroe, TX...which is roughly 2 hours northeast of Houston. I'm renting a room from a fellow epileptic, who is friends with my cousin Connie. Its been almost a week, and my inner reservations are still mostly on red alert...but there's a little ease settling in so far. Please keep praying for me; I appreciate it!
Old 07-01-2018, 09:53 PM   #110

Oct 2011
Then:Zambia...Now:North Carolina, USA

I've been randomly searching through the forum and just clicked on your thread. sometimes I let inconveniences and little problems make me feel like life is spinning in out of control when I have alot of good things going for me. Yes I worked hard and sacrificed for alot of what I have, but those sucky life/karmic/luck situations have largely passed me by and I need to be more grateful and look to see how I can use what I can to bless someone else. I'm a classic freedom Madison federalist libertarian so sometimes that do for others doesn't shine through my personality, but I've always been there for the ones close to me. I like your signatures and think we probably think somewhat alike on things, but I especially want to remember that last one to do for someone else what I'd like to see for me.

I responded without reading most of your thread which I probably will go back and read more, just wanted to say hey, hope you're feeling better, I can pray for moviefan2k4 and ask folks ect to add to their thoughts as well. Thanks to you for putting it all out there.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:09 AM   #111
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Thanks to God and to my cousin Connie, the Force has now invaded my Christmas tree...

Here's the others I've collected so far; I've really become hooked on Hallmark ornaments (no pun intended).

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages