Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.60
13 hrs ago
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Batman: Hush 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Batman: Hush (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$42.74
1 hr ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Anna 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
7 hrs ago
Pokmon: Detective Pikachu (Blu-ray)
$18.96
7 hrs ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74

The Curse of la Llorona (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 02-25-2015, 09:49 PM   #41
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:35 PM   #42
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

http://www.clickhole.com/article/we-...heyve-alw-2022

Very sad that we'll never see Terrence Malick's "Hot Tub Boy"
Old 03-03-2015, 01:36 AM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:

If I didn't know what you're talking about (which I don't) I'd say that what you've just said is nonsense.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #44
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

From the article above:

Quote:
Seven iconic directors. Seven projects that will never see the light of day.

1. Steven Spielberg

After E.T. came out, I started work on a movie called The Poet. Its about a man who receives the Nobel Prize in literature for writing the words I want to throw a car at the Devil on an index card. We cast the late, great Orson Welles as the Nobel winner, which I found incredibly exciting.

Unfortunately, halfway through filming, Orson took an unbreakable oath that the only words he would say on film would be curse words. I tried to rewrite the script so that Orsons character only spoke in strings of four-letter profanities, but unfortunately he passed away before I could perfect a revised screenplay. I often look back on that movie and wonder what could have been.

2. Terrence Malick

In 1978, I began work on what I thought would be my greatest project: a six-hour drama called Hot Tub Boy. It was about a 9-year-old boy who sits in a hot tub for a hundred years. Every 20 minutes throughout the six-hour movie, he picks up a phone at the side of the hot tub and says, I am the Hot Tub Boy. Then he hangs up. We never learn who hes talking to on the phone.

I worked on that screenplay year after year, but I started second-guessing myself, and I couldnt decide whether the boy should say, I am the Hot Tub Boy or I am a Hot Tub Boy. I went back and forth on this question for 20 years and never figured it out. Eventually, I gave up on the project altogether. In 1998, I made The Thin Red Line, my first film in two decades. Its trash compared to Hot Tub Boy.

3. Sofia Coppola

Ive always wanted to make a historical drama where Nelson Mandela lifts weights on the beach while he watches a cruise ship sink a couple miles offshore.

4. Martin Scorsese

Ever since I was in film school Ive dreamed of doing an adaptation of King Lear set entirely in a midsize sedan. All of the plays characters would be crammed into the same tiny car for the whole film, but I think that would only heighten the drama of Shakespeares masterpiece. There would not be a lot of room for the actors to move around, and I think thats great.

5. Quentin Tarantino

For years Ive been working on a movie titled Astronaut Jail. Its a movie about a jail exclusively for astronauts, and they have to wear their spacesuits all the time, even when theyre doing bench presses in the prison yard, which they do for almost the entire movie. Its probably the best idea for a movie Ive ever had, but right now the only line I have written is: Every day, I thank God that I was sent to Astronaut Jail, the jail for astronauts.

I cant seem to get past that one line. Maybe thats all that needs to be said.

6. Peter Jackson

I would like to do a movie where an honest man gets hit by a car.

7. Spike Lee

When I was in film school, I wrote the screenplay for a movie called Two Types Of Wine. Its about a father and son who stand on the shore of the ocean and stare at the waves. One day, the father and son see two incredibly long arms emerge from the ocean. The arms are over 50 feet long and stretch toward the sky. One of the arms is holding a bottle of red wine. The other arm is holding a bottle of white wine. The father turns to his son and says, Sorry son, but Im going to go be with the two types of wine, and walks straight into the ocean. The son silently waves goodbye.

Ive done the math, and the special effects required to animate the arms that hold the wine with the necessary level of detail would cost hundreds of millions of dollars. As a result, no studio has been brave enough to finance Two Types Of Wine, but I keep trying. If I dont make that movie before I die, then my entire life will have meant absolutely nothing.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

That's weird. Spielberg and Tarantino's ideas are both worth making. I stand by my statement though, this shit is nonsense.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:24 PM   #46
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Man, One Direction went way downhill after Zayn left...

Old 03-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:

Malick is clearly trolling, and it's hilarious.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:21 PM   #48
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Pittsburgh

Wait...so this isn't a thread about the condensation of water vapor? Well then...moving along.
Thanks given by:
Foggy (03-04-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
Malick is clearly trolling, and it's hilarious.
Isn't it clear they're all trolling?

Quote:
Man, One Direction went way downhill after Zayn left...

Стекловата - Новый год - YouTube
Oh, you're being too harsh. I'm sure their concerts will still be flooded with pre-teen girls and their moms.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat III View Post
Isn't it clear they're all trolling?
I actually didn't even read the others until now. Or even notice that the whole thing is fake.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:15 AM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonic View Post
I actually didn't even read the others until now. Or even notice that the whole thing is fake.
To be honest, I didn't realize it was parody at first. Clickhole was not a name I'm familiar with. Looking at it, I find it's pretty hilarious. A great send-up of clickbait listicle generators. Looks like it comes courtesy of the Onion, so that's no surprise. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Foggy.
Thanks given by:
Foggy (03-04-2015)
Old 03-11-2015, 01:45 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

What was the last movie you saw in 3D at the cinema?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #53
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyKins83 View Post
What was the last movie you saw in 3D at the cinema?
I think it was Sin City 2, granted I can't remember if it was, the whole film wasn't really memorable to be fair. I think it was a mix of it being the only choice and being interested in the 3D considering the neo-noir style. The last one I definitely remember seeing in 3D was Godzilla because I wanted to watch it in IMAX so bad and the only option was 3D IMAX, I really enjoyed it, granted more for the IMAX than the 3D.

Not a fan of the format really, not for any purposes of finding it gimmicky or finding it hard to watch, I just generally forget I'm watching it in 3D most the time, so it feels like it's a waste of money for it. I pretty much pre-emptivly go for 2D screenings whenever a new film is released.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

Do you watch any TV dramas/soaps?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #55
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Do you watch any TV dramas/soaps?
I don't watch any of the soaps, and most UK dramas tend to be a bit dry for me, there's a few exceptions like Black Mirror and Utopia which are quite short runs and full of energy, and I don't think I'll ever grow out of Doctor Who.

I do tend to be more into the American shows, I got heavily into Game of Thrones last year after binging through them, I got into Breaking Bad during it's Forth Season before it was well known over here. I'm looking forward to the return of True Detective and Fargo and I used to be into Lost back in it's heyday. I've sort of drifted out of interest with The Walking Dead recently so I'm not sure if I'll return to that and I'm hoping to watch all of Better Call Saul once it's all aired, plus try and catch up with House of Cards (got half way through the first season).

Other than that, whatever's on, I've probably sat down and watched every episode of Friends an uncountable amount of times considering there's usually never anything else on that satisfyingly wastes time like it.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #56
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

My fianc is a massive fan of both Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones too

Who is one of your favourite tech companies other than possibly Apple?
Old 03-13-2015, 10:47 PM   #57
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Old 03-13-2015, 11:08 PM   #58
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

Is Mr Turner a good watch?
Old 03-14-2015, 08:40 AM   #59
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Quote:
Is Mr Turner a good watch?
I really liked it, very sweet and often funny film, and I liked all the grand to hats and unwieldily side burns, but it is a really long film so you have to have quite a bit of patients with it.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #60
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

image.jpg
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages