Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shampoo (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
£29.99

Fast & Furious: 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£78.95
4 hrs ago
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
£4.48

Godard: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
£22.95

It Happened One Night (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Saw: The Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
£42.49

Macabre Visions: The Films of Mario Bava (Blu-ray)
£54.99

Melville: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
£34.00

Cruising (Blu-ray)
£14.99

House M.D.: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
£41.54

Underworld: Blood Wars 4K (Blu-ray)
£10.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 12-04-2017, 06:36 AM   #41

May 2017
Aberdeen, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycameron View Post
If you buy a playstation 4 and it doesn't work but you've thrown away the box, do you feel bad for sending it back without the box? And yes, under the sales of goods act, you can send something back without outer packaging, depending on what it is. In the bluray instance, it was still sealed.
There seems to be some misconception here. When you buy a physical copy of a film, you're not buying the film itself - you're buying a package that contains that film. The box, booklet, the slip and any other phyical extras are part of that package as much as what is on the discs (though of lesser importance obviously). Otherwise, everyone would just buy disc only copies/go digital.

You've taken part of that package and effectively returned it incomplete. Now chances are that the people behind the counter don't know/care. That doesn't mean it's any less morally questionable.

And the above is like saying that if I go into Asda and buy a box of strawberries, only to pour the strawberries into a sandwich bag and return them because I want the box without paying for the strawberries, then this is okay.

Last edited by Pikylechu; 12-04-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Thanks given by:
bell_packet (01-03-2018), Buddy Ackerman (12-06-2017), Ste7en (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #42

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I think the point where you said you got them for no price is pretty braggy.
No, not braggy at all. And I'm very disappointed in the attitude of some members who I've known for years. I was trying to pass on information that may help others get missing slips. It's not for everyone and some people might think it's not right. But if you don't agree with this method, just scroll passed.

I do nothing but try and help everyone and this was one of those times I was trying to help. Those who know me know I'm not a bragger at all. I'm quite the opposite.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #43
Power Member

Mar 2014
London, England

Old 12-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #44
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
United Kingdom
United Kingdom

Barry's the least braggy person I know tbh, and gives a lot back to the community with slips and his custom covers.

I've known several members on Blu-ray.com to cheat stores out of way more than a piece of cardboard and then actively gloat about it/sell for profit, which is not what he's done at all. Lay off.
Thanks given by:
barrycameron (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 01:17 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Sheffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil92 View Post
Barry's the least braggy person I know tbh, and gives a lot back to the community with slips and his custom covers.

I've known several members on Blu-ray.com to cheat stores out of way more than a piece of cardboard and then actively gloat about it/sell for profit, which is not what he's done at all. Lay off.
Lol.

*Psst*. He does come across as braggy.
Thanks given by:
Chesskid1 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 03:36 PM   #46
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

I think it's time we moved on, guys.
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #47

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Update. I've received an email from hmv (after emailing them). They have very kindly posted the remaining slipcovers to me. Free of charge.

I sent in images and receipts of all of my blurays I bought from them from the marvel range. You see, my biggest issue was buying them within the last 2 months just for these slips to come straight after forking out all that money.

So everything is sorted now.

Thanks given by:
Blu Manchu (05-06-2018), Ste7en (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 05:24 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
New York / Steelbookô - 481

Quote:
Bought 3 from Sainsburys. Took slips off and took the blu-rays back and got money back. Bought 2 from Asda and done the same. I now have 5 slips at no cost.
No two ways about, That's a total scummer move.
Thanks given by:
Chesskid1 (12-04-2017), Rottweiler30 (05-17-2019)
Old 12-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #49

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
No two ways about, That's a total scummer move.
Thanks for your input stranger.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:17 PM   #50
Power Member

Mar 2014
London, England

Quote:
Thanks for your input stranger.
He maybe a stranger, but he ain't wrong. Sorry, but you're making excuses for something there aren't any excuses for. It seems like from most people, you're a stand up guy... but you f'ed up this one.

Now your secondary move, emailing HMV, sits better. But buying, walking out the store, removing the slip, walking back in (whether this was over the course of minutes, hours, or days) doesn't sit right. Sorry dude.

We all buy our blu rays knowing that they'll be reissued several times over (for the most part)... whether that's in a standard edition after a limited release comes out, or in many cases, over and over again with different artwork, slipcovers, bonus features etc etc... but we make the choice to buy when it releases, or later on. If you want these slips that bad, buy them and sell on your initial purchase, or your sealed purchase minus slip (to CEX, on eBay or here), or buy the slips on eBay (or print them... having seen your Spiderman creation, you clearly know your way around design software) but don't return it incomplete to the original store... that's just not the right thing to do.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:43 AM   #51

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusZoller View Post
He maybe a stranger, but he ain't wrong. Sorry, but you're making excuses for something there aren't any excuses for. It seems like from most people, you're a stand up guy... but you f'ed up this one.

Now your secondary move, emailing HMV, sits better. But buying, walking out the store, removing the slip, walking back in (whether this was over the course of minutes, hours, or days) doesn't sit right. Sorry dude.

We all buy our blu rays knowing that they'll be reissued several times over (for the most part)... whether that's in a standard edition after a limited release comes out, or in many cases, over and over again with different artwork, slipcovers, bonus features etc etc... but we make the choice to buy when it releases, or later on. If you want these slips that bad, buy them and sell on your initial purchase, or your sealed purchase minus slip (to CEX, on eBay or here), or buy the slips on eBay (or print them... having seen your Spiderman creation, you clearly know your way around design software) but don't return it incomplete to the original store... that's just not the right thing to do.

Just my 2 cents.
What do you think about the hmv staff basically doing the same to send to me? They will be removing slips from blurays and then posting them to me.

As for what I did first time round. It's done now. I wouldn't say it was an evil act and nobody was harmed.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:38 AM   #52
Special Member

May 2011
UK

Wait, someone's just admitted theft on a public forum? Oh my, I'm not getting involved in this.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #53
Power Member

Oct 2007

I think what people have issue with Barrycameron is the deceit. Tricking stores into giving you something for free. Asking HMV to send them is fine as itís their choice to say no. Im not having a go Barry as I have done it a few times in the past. Mainly when Amazon havenít included a slip with their blu rays. Taking a blu Ray back to HMV is much simpler (and sometimes cheaper) than sending it back to Amazon. Also you donít want to get flagged for returning items on Amazon or you run the risk of getting banned.

Either way itís a bit pointless collecting a set of slips for a continuous series, as you wonít have a complete set. Incredible Hulk isnít in the set and I bet releases like Thor Ragnarok wonít be either.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:09 PM   #54

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

I've basically 'sold' my item back to the shop without the slip. Just as you'd do on ebay.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #55

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyspoons Revenge View Post
I think what people have issue with Barrycameron is the deceit. Tricking stores into giving you something for free. Asking HMV to send them is fine as it’s their choice to say no. Im not having a go Barry as I have done it a few times in the past. Mainly when Amazon haven’t included a slip with their blu rays. Taking a blu Ray back to HMV is much simpler (and sometimes cheaper) than sending it back to Amazon. Also you don’t want to get flagged for returning items on Amazon or you run the risk of getting banned.

Either way it’s a bit pointless collecting a set of slips for a continuous series, as you won’t have a complete set. Incredible Hulk isn’t in the set and I bet releases like Thor Ragnarok won’t be either.
Obviously The Incredible Hulk won't be in it as that's with universal solely. I'll create a custom for that. However, I imagine the likes of Ragnarok will get a slip. We all thought the same with the Disney classics when they started the uniform o-ring slips. And they've continued. Fingers crossed for disney/marvel to continue too.

And that's me got the full slip set now for marvel. Mostly thanks to hmv. I do have my old slips available now for people who may need them.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:42 PM   #56
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

I'm waiting on what happens when they reissue these discs as a new range of steelbooks, do you just steal those off the shelves? Lol, kidding of course.

I'm amazed at the lengths to go for some quite shitty Looking slips which are not even a complete series. But as mentioned its harmed no one, so no problem.

Now if they had done slips in the style of old school comic covers I'd understand the want, but these.....nah never
Thanks given by:
barrycameron (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #57

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
I'm waiting on what happens when they reissue these discs as a new range of steelbooks, do you just steal those off the shelves? Lol, kidding of course.

I'm amazed at the lengths to go for some quite shitty Looking slips which are not even a complete series. But as mentioned its harmed no one, so no problem.

Now if they had done slips in the style of old school comic covers I'd understand the want, but these.....nah never
There are comic book style slips out there. But they are horrid. I actually really like the new slips. Nice and shiny.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:02 AM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil92 View Post

You're right, Phil - having benefited from Barry's customer covers in the past I can vouch for him being a good guy in general. I don't agree with what he's done (and I still think more of the self-defensive posts, such as the recent one about how it's just selling them back to the stores like using eBay) aren't doing him any favours but maybe it's best we do what Chip suggests and just move on.

Barry - we disagree on this but sorry if I came across as a jerk.
Thanks given by:
barrycameron (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 08:49 AM   #59

Jan 2010
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Ackerman View Post
You're right, Phil - having benefited from Barry's customer covers in the past I can vouch for him being a good guy in general. I don't agree with what he's done (and I still think more of the self-defensive posts, such as the recent one about how it's just selling them back to the stores like using eBay) aren't doing him any favours but maybe it's best we do what Chip suggests and just move on.

Barry - we disagree on this but sorry if I came across as a jerk.
No problem man. I never said my method was going to please everyone. I just didn't think it was gong to upset anyone. But like I said, it's done now.

With all my spare old slips I now have at my disposal, I hope other community members benefit from them as I'll be giving them away. But yeah, hopefully we can just draw a line under this.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

Well, that was an interesting read after a few days offline...
Thanks given by:
barrycameron (12-06-2017), Ste7en (12-06-2017)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland