Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
2 hrs ago
xXx: Return of Xander Cage 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.68
18 min ago
Enchanted Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.82

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.47

The Angry Birds Movie 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.64
6 hrs ago
War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The LEGO Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Amityville Horror Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$27.99

A Haunting in Salem 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.95

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 01-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
USA

Ugh! the Premiere Cinema here(where I go see movies in IMAX/IMAX 3D) just put up pre order tickets for this, IMAX showings but no IMAX 3D showings.

I realllllly hope they will be adding some more showings soon, cause I really need to see this in IMAX 3D. The trailer I saw in IMAX 3D when I went to see Aquaman was soooo great.

Last edited by Unknown450; 01-09-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #42

Jun 2017

Nearest theater to me with true IMAX also has no IMAX 3D showings. Actually no 3D showings at that theater at all. Very sad times.

One person in a Facebook group Iím in suggesting going to IMAXís contact page, selecting ďpresentation qualityĒ for subject and writing to them. Apparently that goes straight to the CFO and supposedly he reads them and even responds often. Iím going to do it. Doesnít hurt.

I kind of hate having to choose between native IMAX scenes and 3D. On principle I wonít see it in IMAX without 3D just to send a message/add to the message sent by others who do the same. Lol.

The year has only just begun and 2019 is proving to be a challenging one for 3D enthusiasts.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:36 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Already 3 IMAX theaters near me have showings up, and it looks like no IMAX 3D either, same as it was for Black Panther (though Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Waap did have IMAX 3D options). Are a decent amount of regular 3D showings listed though, which isn't always the case, so I'll do that but I also hate having to pick between 3D and IMAX scenes (that's why the one bright spot with the no 3D Blu release of MI Fallout was that the Blu was the IMAX version, since I skipped that to see it in 3D in theaters).
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-10-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 04:10 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachzilla View Post
Nearest theater to me with true IMAX also has no IMAX 3D showings. Actually no 3D showings at that theater at all. Very sad times.

One person in a Facebook group I’m in suggesting going to IMAX’s contact page, selecting “presentation quality” for subject and writing to them. Apparently that goes straight to the CFO and supposedly he reads them and even responds often. I’m going to do it. Doesn’t hurt.

I kind of hate having to choose between native IMAX scenes and 3D. On principle I won’t see it in IMAX without 3D just to send a message/add to the message sent by others who do the same. Lol.

The year has only just begun and 2019 is proving to be a challenging one for 3D enthusiasts.
I will do that as well, thanks.
EDIT: I tried to send a message but not sure it went through, after I click send it shows the email address section in red.

So tickets are up for Cinemark now and I'm seeing 1 showing for XD 3D.

Looks like thats what I'm going with. i much prefer IMAX 3D but I don't want to miss out on seeing this in 3D.

Last edited by Unknown450; 01-09-2019 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #45
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-

just checked my go to Imax theatre and also no Imax 3D shows.

infuriating
Old 01-09-2019, 05:03 PM   #46
Expert Member

Nov 2017

Plenty of 3d showings here in Canada in DBOX and RealD, haven't seen any IMAX 3d listings yet. The first trailer was underwhelming and the following two have been worse, so I won't be going. First Marvel movie in maybe 10 years I won't be seeing in the theatre.

If they release a 3d Blu Ray I'll buy it to support the format
Old 01-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #47
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2012
Missouri

My local IMAX dropped 3D about a year ago. Made me so mad.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
USA

I wonder if this is a Marvel/Disney decision...
Because my theater had/has Aquaman in IMAX 3D, only 1 showing but still.

I remember the Captain marvel posters advertising Real D 3D and IMAX but no mentions of IMAX 3D.
I really hope this doesn't happen with Endgame....
Old 01-10-2019, 03:52 AM   #49
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown450 View Post
Ugh! the Premiere Cinema here(where I go see movies in IMAX/IMAX 3D) just put up pre order tickets for this, IMAX showings but no IMAX 3D showings.

I realllllly hope they will be adding some more showings soon, cause I really need to see this in IMAX 3D. The trailer I saw in IMAX 3D when I went to see Aquaman was soooo great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
Already 3 IMAX theaters near me have showings up, and it looks like no IMAX 3D either, same as it was for Black Panther (though Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Waap did have IMAX 3D options). Are a decent amount of regular 3D showings listed though, which isn't always the case, so I'll do that but I also hate having to pick between 3D and IMAX scenes (that's why the one bright spot with the no 3D Blu release of MI Fallout was that the Blu was the IMAX version, since I skipped that to see it in 3D in theaters).
Quote:
EDIT: I tried to send a message but not sure it went through, after I click send it shows the email address section in red.

So tickets are up for Cinemark now and I'm seeing 1 showing for XD 3D.

Looks like thats what I'm going with. i much prefer IMAX 3D but I don't want to miss out on seeing this in 3D.
I've requested a few things over the years by writing an email directly to different theater chains, and they quickly responded back, addressing the concerns or requests. Cinemark even brought in a movie that was over a week overdue since it was already in other mainstream theaters but not mine. The next week, it was at my theater as the response suggested it would be.

Proof that speaking up can make a difference when presented in a calm, friendly way of course.

But on topic, as far as IMAX 3D, that's probably up to Imax.
Thanks given by:
Unknown450 (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 05:23 AM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I've requested a few things over the years by writing an email directly to different theater chains, and they quickly responded back, addressing the concerns or requests. Cinemark even brought in a movie that was over a week overdue since it was already in other mainstream theaters but not mine. The next week, it was at my theater as the response suggested it would be.

Proof that speaking up can make a difference when presented in a calm, friendly way of course.

But on topic, as far as IMAX 3D, that's probably up to Imax.
Yeah i wrote premiere just in case. I know it's a longshot, but I figured I would try just in case they had the ability to add IMAX 3D showings.

Haven't gotten a reply yet. We'll see.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:56 AM   #51

Jun 2017

Quote:
I tried and the same thing happened to me. Tried two different email addresses. I think theyíre onto us. Lol They donít want to hear our complaints.
Thanks given by:
Unknown450 (01-10-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 01:05 AM   #52
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:

i'm not seeing any IMAX 3D tickets of Captain Marvel on Fandango either, very frustrating, i wanna watch this movie in the best experience possible, but i don't think i will be able to with this movie, this is very lame.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

The contract with theaters are that IMAX is in charge of bookings. Though the studio has some influence with it as well, when IMAX said they were limiting US 3D, they later clarified that they were not abandoning it (which some had reported it as) and would support 3D on a title if the director or studio requested it.

At the time, they did mention Alita as an example of a title which would be released in IMAX 3D, though since that was back when it was being released in Summer 2018, I was a bit nervous about that since. However, saw an ad for it yesterday which pushed the "IMAX 3D Experience" so does seem likely that will have at least a good amount of 3D showings in IMAX.
Thanks given by:
Unknown450 (01-24-2019)
Old 01-24-2019, 06:54 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
The contract with theaters are that IMAX is in charge of bookings. Though the studio has some influence with it as well, when IMAX said they were limiting US 3D, they later clarified that they were not abandoning it (which some had reported it as) and would support 3D on a title if the director or studio requested it.

At the time, they did mention Alita as an example of a title which would be released in IMAX 3D, though since that was back when it was being released in Summer 2018, I was a bit nervous about that since. However, saw an ad for it yesterday which pushed the "IMAX 3D Experience" so does seem likely that will have at least a good amount of 3D showings in IMAX.
My IMAX theater doesn't have Alita listed, not yet anyways. So I'll keep an eye out and see if it shows up there in IMAX 3D.

Lego Movie will be on the IMAX screen there but no 3D for it...
Old 01-25-2019, 04:12 AM   #55
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2015
Christ Church, Barbados

Quote:
My IMAX theater doesn't have Alita listed, not yet anyways. So I'll keep an eye out and see if it shows up there in IMAX 3D.

Lego Movie will be on the IMAX screen there but no 3D for it...
That looks to be just plain IMAX.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:34 AM   #56
Power Member

Jan 2012
Parts Unknown

Marvel is our last great holdout for 3D for Disney. Ralph Wrecks the Internet, Mary Poppins Returns, and the Nutcracker movie all looking like no 3D. If Captain Marvel doesn't come out on 3D Blu, then it's safe to assume Endgame is screwed too.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:47 AM   #57

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_WM View Post
Marvel is our last great holdout for 3D for Disney. Ralph Wrecks the Internet, Mary Poppins Returns, and the Nutcracker movie all looking like no 3D. If Captain Marvel doesn't come out on 3D Blu, then it's safe to assume Endgame is screwed too.
Mary poppins returns was never released in theatres in 3d either and the nutcracker and the four realms did horribly worldwide for Disney as for Ralph breaks the internet itís possible Disney will release it on 3d bluray in either China or India or japan.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:35 AM   #58
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2012
Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instacredit View Post
as for Ralph breaks the internet itís possible Disney will release it on 3d bluray in either China or India or japan.
It's been reported that Disney stopped 3D support worldwide after Incredibles 2. If they wanted to release a 3D disc for Breaks the Internet in Asia, they would have announced it by now.

I do hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-12-2019, 03:55 AM   #59
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Hopefully Imax 3D and Cinemark XD 3D. Or if it's Imax, does that mean Imax only 3D? Probably, if Imax paid for the work for the expansed ratio shots.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:38 AM   #60

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by pi2loc View Post
It's been reported that Disney stopped 3D support worldwide after Incredibles 2. If they wanted to release a 3D disc for Breaks the Internet in Asia, they would have announced it by now.

I do hope I'm wrong.
An asia release for Ralph breaks the internet has not been announced for any format besides Asia I.e. Japan in particular has never released a 4k Disney movie without a 3d Disc and since the 3d Disc is usually included for free their and movie nex handles Disney bluray releases and not Disney there still might be hope
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies