Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Upgrade (Blu-ray)
$9.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Antz (Blu-ray)
$6.99
8 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Glass (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.64

Leave No Trace (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Disobedience (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages

Old 06-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #241
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Another manager just quit.... although expected, it was still sad to hear. He was a cool guy. My favorite manager.

I believe I mentioned he would probably quit earlier in the thread. He went home to be with his mother before she died. He probably is going to look after his brother now.

That makes 2 managers we've lost in a span of 6 months.

I don't like change, I can't handle it well at all. It's also depressing the hell out of me.

The powers that be vote down minimum wage increases... raise property values... slash the operating budget for emergency services and just gave themselves a nice 50% raise.

Our police department is understaffed because we have the lowest pay in the state for police....

drugs are getting worse.... they continually ignore the meth issue and keep busting people for marijuana. We've had 3 murders over the past 12 months, untold shots fired... more assaults than I care to remember.

My vote is useless... no one cares... and they are all out for themselves . People will discard you the minute you no longer have any perceived value to them...

I could use some good news/luck right now.. but it's nowhere in sight.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (07-06-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 12:55 PM   #242
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
Another manager just quit.... although expected, it was still sad to hear. He was a cool guy. My favorite manager.

I believe I mentioned he would probably quit earlier in the thread. He went home to be with his mother before she died. He probably is going to look after his brother now.

That makes 2 managers we've lost in a span of 6 months.

I don't like change, I can't handle it well at all. It's also depressing the hell out of me.

The powers that be vote down minimum wage increases... raise property values... slash the operating budget for emergency services and just gave themselves a nice 50% raise.

Our police department is understaffed because we have the lowest pay in the state for police....

drugs are getting worse.... they continually ignore the meth issue and keep busting people for marijuana. We've had 3 murders over the past 12 months, untold shots fired... more assaults than I care to remember.

My vote is useless... no one cares... and they are all out for themselves . People will discard you the minute you no longer have any perceived value to them...

I could use some good news/luck right now.. but it's nowhere in sight.
so much truth in that statement...which is really sad

and i hope you get some good luck/news come your way, soon.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #243
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2008
The Diamond Capital of North America™

Where are you?
Hopefully things are a bit better for you.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:27 AM   #244
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2017
いえ の なか で

Instead of addressing my last post.. I have chosen to ignore it and act as if nothing at all happened.

Actually, I will kind of address a few things.

That manager is happier than he has been in a long while, he was long overdue to return home. I just wish he did it sooner so he could have spent some precious time with his mother.

The first spoiler is local updates if anyone cares.

[Show spoiler]The emergency responders got their raise, but not much else. They are still undermanned and lacking vehicles.

This was most illustrated on a particularly nasty day last week when 5 calls depleted our available responders. Police, Fire, ETC.

The county assessor is just compounding lies with more lies and there's now a petition to remover her from office, along with the city council and mayor. Who of course are denying any wrong doing.

Anyway, all appeals have been suspended because they got thousands of them and are unable to deal with it.

They just busted 2 more people earlier this week for meth in the county. They'll probably walk in a few days. If it was marijuana they would rot in jail because of the states zero tolerance policy for it. But they have no problem tolerating alcohol and harder drugs.

We have had far more problems with DUI and meth than marijuana, but they continually turn a blind eye to anything that's not marijuana. I have yet to hear of someone being killed because of weed.

Now time to give an update on myself... I had to step away to reset myself, I was not in a particularly good frame of mind. Someone I considered a friend, once I was unable to be of any use to them, was no longer interested in my friendship. And just to clarify, not the manager who went home to be near his family.

That brought up some unpleasant memories that I allowed myself to dwell on for longer than I should have permitted.

I got hurt, though my own fault... again. When I get hurt I tend to disappear... for quite a while. I retreat into whatever I can find to occupy all my spare time. This time, it was watching all the available episodes of In the Heat of the Night, Van Damme movies and searching for more film scores to add to my collection.

I'm finished with Heat of the Night, I have a few more Van Damme's to watch and I have found some pretty great deals on some of my sought after soundtracks. The latest of which was the Intrada release of Cahill: US Marshal music by Elmer Bernstein.

And finally, I am looking forward to Doctor Strange II. That's my most anticipated Marvel movie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Member Personal Pages