Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

xXx: Return of Xander Cage 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.68

Enchanted Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.82

Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.23

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.47

War for the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The LEGO Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Poppea / Poppea 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Everest 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.63

Aquaman 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Angry Birds Movie 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.54

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 06-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #61

Oct 2009
GA

Because of this thread, I research more about him and realize how lucky SOB he is. Just wow... imagine when he inherits all that money when his father passes away.

Anyway, he is on bad track record now for 3D... he obviously directed Bumblebee and no 3D blu-ray with that one. He is also directing 6 million or is it billion man now?

I just wish I was his friend... and tell him to release everything he does in 3D blu-ray and fund it himself if the studios don't want too. He is definitely got the funds to do it and make us all happy.
Thanks given by:
levcore (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 09:14 PM   #62

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckyllr View Post
Because of this thread, I research more about him and realize how lucky SOB he is. Just wow... imagine when he inherits all that money when his father passes away.

Anyway, he is on bad track record now for 3D... he obviously directed Bumblebee and no 3D blu-ray with that one. He is also directing 6 million or is it billion man now?

I just wish I was his friend... and tell him to release everything he does in 3D blu-ray and fund it himself if the studios don't want too. He is definitely got the funds to do it and make us all happy.
The nice thing about having all that "**** you" money is you don't even have to release it on disc and you can ignore the restrictions of standards like Blu-ray entirely.

He could release a nice digital download outside of the limitations of 3D Blu-ray players if he wanted to.

I'm saying 4K, 60 FPS, stereoscopic 3D, and HDR can be had all at the same time. And there are displays out there that can drive this. You can play Shadow of the Tomb Raider on a gaming PC hooked up to a 4K TV that supports 3D and HDR. The game will allow you to play it at 4K res in 3D with HDR and it looks truly next-gen.

Unfortunately no studio ever wants to take the initiative of releasing high quality digital downloads that exceed disc format technical limitations for sale directly to consumers through their websites so we never get any 3D movie releases other than 1080p, SDR, at 23.976 fps if we're lucky.

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk and The Hobbit trilogy are two great examples of titles that could have benefitted from not being confined to disc standards as their framerates exceed the capabilities of Blu-ray. The Hobbit trilogy still isn't available anywhere in its native framerate of 48 fps, which is exceedingly annoying.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (08-15-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 09:28 PM   #63
Special Member

Jan 2019

This movie's only saving grace was the 3D. Without it, it's a very average film.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:12 PM   #64
Power Member

Nov 2014

Quote:

...there are worse ways to spend a vast fortune. Imagine having that kind of money only to shut yourself away for days on end working on something as delicate and exacting as this:

He does it at virtuoso level. It's certainly a step up from his rap career.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (08-15-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #65
Expert Member

Aug 2015

Streamed it in 2D. I found the movie pretty dull and am not surprised it didn't do well. I feel bad because there must be so much effort that goes into a stop motion movie like this. But it just did nothing for me. There were a few scenes that could have looked really good in 3D, particularly the scenes where they're hanging off an ice cliff. I don't think 3D could have saved this for me though.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:01 AM   #66
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

I saw this in theatres and was very disappointed as it pandered to kids with the slapstick humour. Had to struggle to sit through it but the 3D was good.
Thanks given by:
Interdimensional (07-27-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 07:10 PM   #67
Expert Member

Jul 2009
-
-
-
-

Well, I just watched it last night, converted it to 3D with my Samsung and it looked amazing in "3D". I also thought it was actually pretty funny! Laughed out loud a lot.

To each his own, but take a look if your TV converts to 3D...you might be surprised...
Thanks given by:
kurosawa (07-26-2019), leeza (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 12:06 AM   #68
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzronk View Post
Laika is more or less living on Nike money (Travis Knight is his son).
Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
If my dad was worth 35 Billion I'd be funding and distributing my own big budget movies lol. Seriously with that kind of money he could do what he wanted movie wise.
Quote:

Thanks for the info.

--------
Laika studios has a ton of talent with the animation and imagination. Now only if they'd match the 3D to that level, instead of so often, offering barely there, mild, weak, unimpressive 3D most times in all the films I've seen of theirs so far. Good movies, but awfully weak 3D. They are hurting the 3D industry by offering such "2D" 3D. If someone new to 3D sees mild 3D for the whole film, they'll remember that next time they have to decide to spend more money to wear sunglasses in a theater just to watch 3D that's almost 2D. Sorry to be firm about this, but they are not learning with the 3D.
Thanks given by:
2112rushfan (07-28-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 01:52 AM   #69
Blu-ray.com Reviewer

Feb 2009

Thought the 3D is this was reasonably good if never top tier. It would be nice to have the 3D released on Blu-ray though. Hopefully it will still be released somewhere.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:37 AM   #70

Apr 2010
-

Fox is confusing.
They give Missing Link an Atmos track but no 3D, while Alita only has a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track in it's 3D version.
But considering that Fox also dropped 3D from X-Men: Dark Phoenix, I guess Alita is the swan song of Fox 3D releases. (Ironic, considering that the end credit song says "This is not a swan song")
Old 08-15-2019, 12:39 PM   #71
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob The Great View Post
Fox is confusing.
They give Missing Link an Atmos track but no 3D, while Alita only has a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track in it's 3D version.
But considering that Fox also dropped 3D from X-Men: Dark Phoenix, I guess Alita is the swan song of Fox 3D releases. (Ironic, considering that the end credit song says "This is not a swan song")
Well, Missing Link is an Annapurna release that Fox is disturbing at home, so who knows how the decision was made via technical specs. But I believe none of the main Fox releases have Atmos outside of UHD discs.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3-d, animated, comedy, laika, stop-motion