Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
6 hrs ago
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Charlie's Angels: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.79

Antz (Blu-ray)
$6.99
21 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Thing (Blu-ray)
$8.99
15 hrs ago
Upgrade (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Brightburn (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Us (Blu-ray)
$12.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 04-02-2019, 10:35 AM   #1
Expert Member

Mar 2009
Default Paypal Fees for Non US sellers

Hi all,

Im located in AU, and had been using a US paypal account for buying and selling but have had to give that away due to new rules they've imposed. So im back to using my AU paypal account. With this comes fees. I only sell US codes so most buyers at from the US. Ive only started selling here again in the last few days but ive noticed that the option the buyer gets is to pay a .99 fee when paying. There seems to be no option for the fee t be passed onto me to pay. Is anyone else having this issue who sells outside of the US? ive spoken to one other person who indicated they are still getting the usual .30 + % charged which is wat i was hoping. Can anyone shed any light on this? Makes selling a little messy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:32 AM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Are you asking members to send funds via F&F?

According to PayPal:

Quote:
Sending Internationally

If you are an Australian account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in a country other than Australia, the fee you pay depends on the payment method used and the amount you are sending. If you’re sending a currency other than Australian Dollars, the applicable fee will be a comparable amount in that currency, using the prevailing transaction exchange rate.
Therefore, an amount between $0-49.99 AUD results in the following charges:

Any portion funded by a card

$0.99 AUD +
2.6% of the portion funded +
fixed fee based on the currency

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mp...edit_Card_fees
Old 04-03-2019, 04:09 AM   #3
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Are you asking members to send funds via F&F?

According to PayPal:

Therefore, an amount between $0-49.99 AUD results in the following charges:

Any portion funded by a card

$0.99 AUD +
2.6% of the portion funded +
fixed fee based on the currency

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mp...edit_Card_fees
No I was of the impression only g&s was allowed here? What found when I emptied out my us account was that the fee was the same for both g&s and f&f. I'm of the assumption the buyer paid g&s as I never asked for anything else based again on the fact that I thought we could only get paid via g&s. Is this not the case anymore. I also recieved an email today from PayPal au saying they were introducing the same fee structure here for sending OS. So now minimum .99 or 5% up to 5.99 I think it was. That was for friends and family. No idea if g&s is changing. And also all my payments are from balance. So wasnt due to card. Not sure if that was the case with my buyer but I found same thing again when I cleaned out my us account.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:50 AM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Maybe I misunderstood, the buyer was only being charged a $0.99 AUD fee? If so, it sounds like they may have paid via the F&F method since the sender pays those fees. The cost to send money from your PayPal balance or AU bank account (for OS transactions) is a $0.99 AUD fee imposed on the sender.

Here's the F&F and G&S fees listed for AU.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mp...al-seller-fees
Old 04-04-2019, 04:19 AM   #5
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Maybe I misunderstood, the buyer was only being charged a $0.99 AUD fee? If so, it sounds like they may have paid via the F&F method since the sender pays those fees. The cost to send money from your PayPal balance or AU bank account (for OS transactions) is a $0.99 AUD fee imposed on the sender.

Here's the F&F and G&S fees listed for AU.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees
https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mp...al-seller-fees
yeah ive no idea as i asked and all the said was they got charge .99 and that was that. The question is, is that fee the same way from a US to account coming back to a AU account using G&S?
Old 04-04-2019, 04:56 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

Okay, so, yes, this is a policy change that happened several months ago. Basically it applies to many countries but not every country. I also have my account in US dollars.

So even if a friend wants to send me some money friends and family, there is a 99 cent fee added to them. I bought a few UK codes, and that person got the full amount in Pounds Sterling, but I had to pay 99 cents to make that payment. I'm not sure what countries work without the fee, but some still do.

I guess this is to cover the fact that no currency conversion fee occurs for friends and family payments. And yet, if someone pays me for merchandise, they might have to pay this 99 cents, and I get charged currency conversion fees.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:38 AM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzad View Post
yeah ive no idea as i asked and all the said was they got charge .99 and that was that. The question is, is that fee the same way from a US to account coming back to a AU account using G&S?
Sending via F&F from US to AU there is a $0.99 USD surcharge for the sender. Paying for G&S from US to AU there is no surcharge for the buyer.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:03 AM   #8
Expert Member

Mar 2009

Quote:
Sending via F&F from US to AU there is a $0.99 USD surcharge for the sender. Paying for G&S from US to AU there is no surcharge for the buyer.
Ok so i guess they sent F&F since i didnt get hit with fees. So we are certain that sending from US to AU will take fees from my as the seller correct? And that is the usual .30 plus 4.4% if i recall correctly yeah?

Also can i confirm with someone that the option to send in US dollars is still valid. They suggested that they didnt get the option to send to me in $US(as i prefer to keep this balance in $US for buying other codes. im sure ive seen it. Or is this again something that cant be done if sending F&F and only G&S?

Thanks for your replies by the way.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion