Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
2 hrs ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
10 hrs ago
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Creed II 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.71
4 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
3 hrs ago
Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Three Thousand Years of Longing (Blu-ray)
$16.09
41 min ago
Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
Flashback (Blu-ray)
$22.99
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 11-07-2021, 09:28 PM   #1

Jan 2016
Atlantic Canada
Default Is there software that can decompile blu ray menus?

Basically there are a few blu ray menus that I would like to extract the background image from; is there a program that can extract the image without the menu options and such laid over it? I used to use flash decompilers back in the day to extract assets from flash websites so I was wondering if there was a similar process or if everything was hard coded on the background. I assume this might be a case by case basis but any info would help.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:03 PM   #2
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisday View Post
Basically there are a few blu ray menus that I would like to extract the background image from; is there a program that can extract the image without the menu options and such laid over it? I used to use flash decompilers back in the day to extract assets from flash websites so I was wondering if there was a similar process or if everything was hard coded on the background. I assume this might be a case by case basis but any info would help.
It's inappropriate to talk about such things on the forum, but the well known software that's used for back-ups should suffice, you just have to make sure there's no limit to the length of the streams it detects as it generally ignores things under 30 seconds. As some menus can be loops they can often run quite short.
Old 11-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #3

Jan 2016
Atlantic Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
It's inappropriate to talk about such things on the forum, but the well known software that's used for back-ups should suffice, you just have to make sure there's no limit to the length of the streams it detects as it generally ignores things under 30 seconds. As some menus can be loops they can often run quite short.
Thanks for the info! I didn't know it was inappropriate to discuss such things. How can I delete the post?
Old 11-08-2021, 09:49 PM   #4
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisday View Post
Thanks for the info! I didn't know it was inappropriate to discuss such things. How can I delete the post?
Mods will, you can click the "Report Post" triangle and ask for deletion (or PM a mod).
Thanks given by:
curtisday (11-08-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software