Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Species 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
21 hrs ago
The Craft 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
21 hrs ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
21 hrs ago
Lifeforce 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
21 hrs ago
Cat People 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
21 hrs ago
Escape from New York 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.99
21 hrs ago
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$82.26
13 hrs ago
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

House of the Dragon: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.50
21 hrs ago
Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$21.49

Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54

Halloween Ends (Blu-ray)
$17.99
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 08-06-2022, 07:55 AM   #81
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscreep23 View Post
I have read that some blu-ray discs from 2007 and 2008 have stopped playing in any blu-ray players and the odd thing is that the discs are in perfect condition. No damage or disc rot whatsover. I have the German blu-ray steelbook of Fight Club from 2008 that has stopped playing in any of my blu-ray or 4K players. Why is this happening? Do I have to worry about my longevity of my blu-ray discs or not?
99.99% of the Blu-ray discs I have from the year 2006+ have no playback problems at all. Only one Blu-ray disc from the year 2006 stopped working in my collection (some DVD discs stopped working also, but that is rare). If you run into a 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray disc, DVD disc, Laserdisc, or audio CD that has stopped playing on any player, it could be impurities in the water in the stamping process or some other issue in the stamping process that shows up many years later as a unreadable disc. But these issues are extremely rare. I have seen Laserdiscs from around the year 1978 that work perfectly fine. However I have also seen some Laserdiscs with laser rot, or some DVD disc go bad, but that is usually a issue in the stamping process that shows up many years later. The majority of optical disc media on 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, Laserdisc, and audio CD will last over a 1,000 years if the stamping process was done properly and the media was stored properly over the 1,000 year period.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 08-06-2022 at 07:59 AM.
Thanks given by:
Youre My Boy Blu! (08-07-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 01:36 PM   #82

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
99.99% of the Blu-ray discs I have from the year 2006+ have no playback problems at all. Only one Blu-ray disc from the year 2006 stopped working in my collection (some DVD discs stopped working also, but that is rare). If you run into a 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray disc, DVD disc, Laserdisc, or audio CD that has stopped playing on any player, it could be impurities in the water in the stamping process or some other issue in the stamping process that shows up many years later as a unreadable disc. But these issues are extremely rare. I have seen Laserdiscs from around the year 1978 that work perfectly fine. However I have also seen some Laserdiscs with laser rot, or some DVD disc go bad, but that is usually a issue in the stamping process that shows up many years later. The majority of optical disc media on 4K Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD, Laserdisc, and audio CD will last over a 1,000 years if the stamping process was done properly and the media was stored properly over the 1,000 year period.
That's reassuring! Thanks for your reply!
Old 08-28-2022, 08:04 PM   #83

Nov 2013

A guy posted on a facebook group that his 4K disc U.K. edition of Star Trek Beyond has bronzing which means disc rot! I am shocked!!! This was pressed in 2016!!! He also said that his blu-ray disc of the same edition had the same problem!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software