Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Three Colors 4K (Blu-ray)
$87.49
1 hr ago
Plane 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.07
9 hrs ago
The Jackie Chan Collection: Volume 2 (1983-1993) (Blu-ray)
$80.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection Vol. 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.99

Shazam! 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.99
1 day ago
Creed II 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.71
3 hrs ago
Spoiler Alert (Blu-ray)
$22.96
2 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Heart of Dragon (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Flashback (Blu-ray)
$22.99
4 hrs ago
Halloween Ends 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Nobody (Blu-ray)
$6.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 08-02-2021, 02:32 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P View Post
This means that many people that want to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 well need to purchase a new PC if their PC is older then around 6 years old.
You keep repeating this falsehood. As many have posted here you do not have to buy a new PC.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:33 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2019

Just like when Win 10 was released a lot of misinformation is being spread.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:38 PM   #43
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadend45 View Post
You keep repeating this falsehood. As many have posted here you do not have to buy a new PC.

According to PC magazine and other sources one has to own a PC with TPM 2.0 technology built into the motherboard BIOS with secure boot in order to run Windows 11. Did something change that allows Windows 11 to work with any PC on the market. If not then the statement I made is 100% correct. When Windows 11 is released we well then see what Microsoft's final decision is when it comes to the minimum PC requirements.
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (10-18-2021), Vw Driver (10-08-2021)
Old 08-12-2021, 11:19 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
Richmond, VA

Quote:
According to PC magazine and other sources one has to own a PC with TPM 2.0 technology built into the motherboard BIOS with secure boot in order to run Windows 11. Did something change that allows Windows 11 to work with any PC on the market. If not then the statement I made is 100% correct. When Windows 11 is released we well then see what Microsoft's final decision is when it comes to the minimum PC requirements.
There are versions out there that have been "tinkered" with to allow you to install it on pc's not meeting these stringent requirements. However, I don't believe MS has removed these restrictions and those that are installing these versions will eventually have to upgrade to a legit version.

Microsoft would be smart to loosen up a bit on these restrictions, but officially I don't believe they have (at least not yet).
Thanks given by:
Vw Driver (10-08-2021)
Old 08-29-2021, 01:48 AM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010
Out There

""Microsoft is announcing today that it won’t block people from installing Windows 11 on most older PCs""

Well it seems Microsoft has spoken according to an article at theverge

https://www.theverge.com/22644194/mi...essors-changes
Old 08-29-2021, 01:50 AM   #46
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo4264 View Post
""Microsoft is announcing today that it won’t block people from installing Windows 11 on most older PCs""

Well it seems Microsoft has spoken according to an article at theverge

https://www.theverge.com/22644194/mi...essors-changes
No MS will just not offer updates to the OS if the CPU does not meet requirements.
Old 10-06-2021, 10:44 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007
Default On October 5th 2021 Microsoft officially released its Windows 11 64 bit operating sys

On October 5th 2021 Microsoft officially released its Windows 11 64 bit operating system (this is the first operating system that does not support old legacy 32 bit CPU’s, which is cool since in the last 15 years people have been using 64 bit computers and 64 bit operating systems since Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit came out in the year 2006).

If one goes to Windows update screen they can download the Windows 11 update to their PC for free. However since my PC’s and family member PC’s lack the TPM 2.0 module we are not able to install Windows 11 according to the Microsoft official PC health check application. Instead of buying all new PC’s we have decided to continue to use Windows 10 Professional 64 bit until Microsoft stops supporting the operating system.

Its kind of funny, between Windows 3.1 to Windows 7 I always upgraded to the latest Microsoft operating system as soon as it was released (sometimes every 3 years). Then with Windows 7 and most likely with Windows 10 I well just wait until Microsoft officially stops offering Windows Security updates. Microsoft has not announced when they well stop supporting Windows 10, but in theory it well be around January 2026 is when one well be forced to upgrade to Windows 11 (or maybe Windows 12 well be out) in order to have a secure PC with the latest security updates.

Unless Microsoft changes its strict hardware security requirements its easy to predict that Windows 11 well be very unpopular with consumers since most people well need to buy a new PC. Just try installing Windows 11 as the free update, the option is not there unless one meets the minimum hardware security requirements. I have been a fan of Microsoft operating systems for almost 30 years, but the needing to buy all new desktop PC’s and Laptop PC’s to use Windows 11 is a big negative with most consumers.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

Many people would be willing to pay up to $300 for the Windows 11 operating system on DVD-ROM or USB flash stick if they could install it on their existing PC. Windows 11 came out on October 5th 2021. Microsoft offering the Windows 11 operating system as a free Windows upgrade, is a nice bonus (I prefer an optical Windows 11 DVD-ROM). However, since the majority of the people in the world cannot install the Windows 11 operating system since their PC does not meet the minimum security requirements (secure boot and TPM 2.0). This means almost everyone in the world needs to go buy a new PC if they want to run Windows 11. The launch of Windows 11 is going to be a big disaster for Microsoft unless they change their strict hardware requirements. I am surprised people are not selling their Microsoft stock and shorting the company.

Microsoft (MSFT) is near a 52 week high. There is a possibility that in the near future there might be an ideal time to short the Microsoft company.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
Old 10-07-2021, 01:54 PM   #49
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Many people would be willing to pay up to $300 for the Windows 11 operating system on DVD-ROM or USB flash stick if they could install it on their existing PC. Windows 11 came out on October 5th 2021. Microsoft offering the Windows 11 operating system as a free Windows upgrade, is a nice bonus (I prefer an optical Windows 11 DVD-ROM). However, since the majority of the people in the world cannot install the Windows 11 operating system since their PC does not meet the minimum security requirements (secure boot and TPM 2.0). This means almost everyone in the world needs to go buy a new PC if they want to run Windows 11. The launch of Windows 11 is going to be a big disaster for Microsoft unless they change their strict hardware requirements. I am surprised people are not selling their Microsoft stock and shorting the company.

Microsoft (MSFT) is near a 52 week high. There is a possibility that in the near future there might be an ideal time to short the Microsoft company.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MSFT
First off this statement is a load of bullshit

Every PC manufactured from 2014/2015 comes with TPM 2.0 chip. It simply may require a BIOS update to be enabled. Secure boot has been around since that time as well as long as your BIOS can boot to UEFI. It is up to the user to know what their PC can and cannot do not MS.

Linux has had these requirements for years, MS just finally joined the club. Stop drinking the internet kool-aid and start researching what this stuff actually is.

There was more of an issue with Windows 10 and the CPU requirements that MS put in place then there is with Windows 11 and TPM 2.0
Old 10-07-2021, 10:26 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
First off this statement is a load of bullshit

Every PC manufactured from 2014/2015 comes with TPM 2.0 chip. It simply may require a BIOS update to be enabled. Secure boot has been around since that time as well as long as your BIOS can boot to UEFI. It is up to the user to know what their PC can and cannot do not MS.

Linux has had these requirements for years, MS just finally joined the club. Stop drinking the internet kool-aid and start researching what this stuff actually is.

There was more of an issue with Windows 10 and the CPU requirements that MS put in place then there is with Windows 11 and TPM 2.0

The facts are my newest PC which I built, is now 6 years old. Back in 2015 it was a high-end computer using the X99 motherboard with 128GB of DDR4 memory. At the time only TPM 1.2 chips were offered and that is what I installed. When TPM 2.0 chips were offered for the motherboard around the the year 2017 for around $20 I was not aware of the TPM 2.0 chip roll out. The motherboard company no longer makes the TPM 2.0 chip and even if I pay $300 on EBAY for a TPM 2.0 chip and activate secure boot, I still might not be able to install the free Windows 11 update because the CPU is too old. My Windows Expereince Index is 9.2 out of 9.9 on my 6 year old PC using the third party Windows Experience Index software. Many companies stop offering motherboard BIOS updates on desktop and Notebook computers after 3 to 5 years. Also most motherboards do not have the TPM socket if its older then 6 years old. Many motherboards do not have a TPM option in the menu even if the TPM 2.0 feature is built into the CPU.

The fact is my family members and I have several old PC’s 6 years old and older running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. When doing a Windows update Microsoft well not allow me to download the free Windows 11 software update.

Now I realize that most people upgrade their main PC in their home every 5 years. However there are some people buying 1 to 3 year old PC’s that are still not able to use the Windows 11 operating system because of the TPM 2.0 chip not being on the BIOS, motherboard, or CPU.

I could get rid of all my desktop PC’s and donate them to charity and then build the latest desktop computers that well run Windows 11, however that is a time consuming process. A very small percentage of people in the world well be able to take advantage of the free Windows 11 update (same is true for those that go buy the DVD-ROM disc for a fresh install). When the PC is 5 years old or older then less then 1% of people can upgrade to Windows 11. If the PC is only 1 to 3 years old one might have a 10% to 20% chance of getting Microsoft 10 update screen to allow the Windows 11 download as long as secure boot and TPM 2.0 is active in the BIOS.

Windows 11 roll out and release is a disaster.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 10-07-2021 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:14 PM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel

My eight year-old self built computer is still running Windoze 7 Pro. I am only beginning to warm up to the idea of maybe, maybe, installing Windoze 10, their so-called "final" operating system, and here comes 11...
Old 10-08-2021, 03:33 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2014
tennessee

I have already mention this but my computer does have tpm 2.0 and is enable along with secure boot.

so why haven't I went into windows 11? simple is because my processor doesn't measure up to their standers nah because I got inter core i5 7400 cpu @ 3.00 ghz

not getting no computer as of yet what I don't like being reminded when I go into settings update and security that stupid message telling me

this pc doesn't currently meet all system requirements for windows 11 get pc health check app

yes I have already done that and I know I can't go into windows 11<-is Microsoft going to take that off between now and 2025 or am I supposed to see that stupid message until I have to get new computer
Thanks given by:
HDTV1080P (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:19 AM   #53
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

Yes the few people that do have secure boot and TPM 2.0 soon discover that their processor many times is too old and they do not qualify for the free Windows 11 update. Secure boot and TPM 2.0 is a must, but even older 8 core processors are not allowed to install Windows 11.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:05 PM   #54
Banned

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

My i7 3GHz doesn't qualify last time I checked.

I don't plan to "upgrade" to Microsoft's latest attempt at goodness or ever buy a new PC. My PC has been off for weeks but I have decided to keep it in the case there's anything I ever need it for. I may need it soon for projector calibration software if there's no Mac version.

Mostly I'm using an M1 Mac Mini.
Thanks given by:
ps3bd_owner (10-18-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 07:33 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
My eight year-old self built computer is still running Windoze 7 Pro. I am only beginning to warm up to the idea of maybe, maybe, installing Windoze 10, their so-called "final" operating system, and here comes 11...
Why run an unsupported o/s when 10 is not only a better o/s, but is completely free?
Old 10-08-2021, 07:42 PM   #56
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
Why run an unsupported o/s when 10 is not only a better o/s, but is completely free?
I have been informed that I should install Windoze 10 Pro as it has better privacy options and I don't think the Pro version was ever free.

My hesitancy lies in all the work involved. I am told that the best way to install Windoze 10 is to do a clean install, which means I would have to reinstall all of the software on my pc one program at a time...and I have a lot installed across 4 SSDs. Then, I get to see how many conflicts there would be with the new OS.

There is also some older hardware involved; will it play nice with the new OS? All said and done it seems like a daunting task.
Old 10-08-2021, 07:56 PM   #57
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Yes the few people that do have secure boot and TPM 2.0 soon discover that their processor many times is too old and they do not qualify for the free Windows 11 update. Secure boot and TPM 2.0 is a must, but even older 8 core processors are not allowed to install Windows 11.
Stop already seriously.

The processor requirement is simple its based on architecture.

The processor requirement is the most restrictive; supported processors include 8th-generation and newer Intel Core processors as well as AMD Ryzen 2000-series processors and newer. These are all chips that launched in late 2017 and early 2018.

Cores have nothing to do with it. Basically 5+ year old PCs and newer can upgrade to Windows 11. All of which would have TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tel-processors

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...amd-processors

Stop fueling the fire.
Old 10-08-2021, 10:38 PM   #58
Special Member

Jan 2012
USA

Did a check if my pc qualify and it said no, how could a i7 6700 not qualify when i5 is on list

Not sure what secure boot or tpm thing is.

But maybe if i do fresh install from usb it might let me. Someone please chime in if youve figured it out.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:49 PM   #59
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vw Driver View Post
Did a check if my pc qualify and it said no, how could a i7 6700 not qualify when i5 is on list

Not sure what secure boot or tpm thing is.

But maybe if i do fresh install from usb it might let me. Someone please chime in if youve figured it out.
When did you buy your processor this is really not that difficult its based on architecture gen 8+ can install cores do not matter.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:39 AM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Stop already seriously.

The processor requirement is simple its based on architecture.

The processor requirement is the most restrictive; supported processors include 8th-generation and newer Intel Core processors as well as AMD Ryzen 2000-series processors and newer. These are all chips that launched in late 2017 and early 2018.

Cores have nothing to do with it. Basically 5+ year old PCs and newer can upgrade to Windows 11. All of which would have TPM 2.0 and Secure Boot.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tel-processors

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...amd-processors

Stop fueling the fire.
My 6 year old X99 motherboard has secure boot and currently has TPM 1.2 chip installed. I missed out on buying the TPM 2.0 chip for around $20 back in 2017, but even if I can find a used one on EBAY for $300 there is still issues. So technically my 6 year old X99 motherboard well pass secure boot if enabled in the BIOS and well pass TPM 2.0 if I can find the TPM chip that is out of production. However the official Microsoft Windows PC health check app for Windows 11 is telling me quote “The processor isn’t currently supported for Windows 11”. I am using a Intel Core i7-5960X CPU at 3Ghz. The CPU has 16 threads with 8 cores. So the free download option to install Windows 11 is not a option in my Windows update because my PC is too old, and in fact all my PC's are too old.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...fications.html

Therefore, I would need to purchase a new motherboard with a new CPU (and might need new memory, and other things). When the motherboard and CPU is replaced that is considered a new PC. The X99 is my newest PC. The X58 and X38 motherboards which are older fail on no option for secure boot and TPM. Plus the Notebook computer also fails.

So like most people in the world I need to build ail new PC’s or purchase all new PC’s if I want to run Windows 11.

Last edited by HDTV1080P; 10-09-2021 at 02:46 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software