Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$132.99

Trolls World Tour 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Jaws: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.45

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69

Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.79

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.51

$29.99

The Polar Express 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

My Bloody Valentine 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Mozart: Clarinet Quintet, K.581 / Horn Quintet, K.407 / String Quartet, K.169 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.71

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which gives the best viewing experience?
Cinema/Movie Theatre 19 21.59%
Home Projector 33 37.50%
Home 3D TV 38 43.18%
Itís all the same to me 3 3.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2019, 03:38 AM   #221
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
I'm really miffed at IMAX for withdrawing support, with RARE exceptions, for 3D presentations.

At my local IMAX, I can go see Endgame at 3pm. I work for a living -- toss out that option.
You work 7 days a week?!
Old 05-02-2019, 03:40 AM   #222
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post

My previous statement:

Unfortunately when you have 100 million people in a country who confuse dumb luck with brains it becomes "the big problem." Especially when you give them the right to vote. I call it the "everyone thinks they are a genius" problem. When in fact, they can't piss in a boot. Just try to tell them they are wrong about anything.

So I take it you disagree with me? Unlike me, as you are a man of the people, I can hardly wait to hear your insights into what you believe are the challenges our country faces, i.e., "the big problem". It will good to have input from the other end of the spectrum, the common man.

What conclusions have your reached?
My conclusion was those living such an extremely sheltered existence should refrain from assuming they know what 100 million people are thinking.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:04 AM   #223
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by f451 View Post
RealD is not an option. Anyone here ever see a good 3D presentation in RealD? My experience has been the image is dark. RealD Black Panther was dark even in the light of day scenes.
I have, the theater I work for runs on REALD, as long as you change the projector bulbs when you’re supposed to and have it properly calibrated, the picture quality is bright and really good. Now if you want to use the lamp all the way to the very end of its life cycle of course you will get super dim picture.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:13 PM   #224
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
My conclusion was those living such an extremely sheltered existence should refrain from assuming they know what 100 million people are thinking.
So I take you don't know the "big problem" this country faces, since all you do is deflect. I spent 30 years not being sheltered and dealing with these "geniuses" day in and day out, so I can now distance myself from them knowing they are delusional, pathologic and dangerous.

I am still awaiting an epiphany from you as to what is the "big problem" this country faces, as you are the obviously the orator for the common man.

Enlighten me, oh wise one.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #225
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
So I take you don't know the "big problem" this country faces, since all you do is deflect. I spent 30 years not being sheltered and dealing with these "geniuses" day in and day out, so I can now distance myself from them knowing they are delusional, pathologic and dangerous.

I am still awaiting an epiphany from you as to what is the "big problem" this country faces, as you are the obviously the orator for the common man.

Enlighten me, oh wise one.
So now you say you were not sheltered for 30 years...doesnít sound too lucky!

Let this wise one enlighten you....Perhaps you should get your story straight before you ask for advice.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 PM   #226
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
So now you say you were not sheltered for 30 years...doesnít sound too lucky!

Let this wise one enlighten you....Perhaps you should get your story straight before you ask for advice.
More beating around the bush. As I thought. Just hoping for a straight answer. You would think you could answer a simple question, as wise and enlightened as you are.

You inability to answer a simple question proves my point better than i ever could as it relates to the confusion with dumb luck and brains.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #227
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
More beating around the bush. As I thought. Just hoping for a straight answer. You would think you could answer a simple question, as wise and enlightened as you are.

You inability to answer a simple question proves my point better than i ever could as it relates to the confusion with dumb luck and brains.
You have to be deserving of my wisdom. So far based on your inability to use consistent logic (i.e. your contradictory posts), you have fallen short.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:47 PM   #228
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
You have to be deserving of my wisdom. So far based on your inability to use consistent logic (i.e. your contradictory posts), you have fallen short.
Nuts.
Old 06-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #229
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2009
Canada

Answered Projector to the OP question. There isn't a theater around here that'll beat my experience at home.
Old 08-17-2019, 03:17 AM   #230
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
Answered Projector to the OP question. There isn't a theater around here that'll beat my experience at home.
Unfortunately, the laser 3D imax cinemas are few and far between. But they are expanding so maybe one day you too may experience the pinnacle of 3D.

Until then, your set-up is likely better than 99% of commercial 3d presentations.
Thanks given by:
gates70 (08-18-2019)
Old 12-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #231

Dec 2017

I think 3D movies in VR are the best way to view them right now. Yeah the res is lower (a lot better on these newer head sets like the index, reverb and even the quest) but the 3D just feels more real and looks way better. This is good news, hopefully as VR starts to take off (Half Life: Alyx VR!) studios will start seeing this as another avenue to sell their product.

BTW if any one (or some one you know) gets a Oculus Quest, Go, rift or Valve index. Ask them to launch up the big screen app (Free) and load up 3D trailers room. They look amazing! Also starting next year they are going to start a 3D movie screening (paid) They had a test of this last year showing Top Gun 3D in partnership with Paramount studio. So we might see some good stuff in the future

Last edited by BosPete; 12-06-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #232
Power Member

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BosPete View Post
I think 3D movies in VR are the best way to view them right now. Yeah the res is lower (a lot better on these newer head sets like the index, reverb and even the quest) but the 3D just feels more real and looks way better. This is good news, hopefully as VR starts to take off (Half Life: Alyx VR!) studios will start seeing this as another avenue to sell their product.

BTW if any one (or some one you know) gets a Oculus Quest, Go, rift or Valve index. Ask them to launch up the big screen app (Free) and load up 3D trailers room. They look amazing! Also starting next year they are going to start a 3D movie screening (paid) They had a test of this last year showing Top Gun 3D in partnership with Paramount studio. So we might see some good stuff in the future
While I’m a fan of vr, I don’t enjoy watching 3D that way because I (like most) prefer the camaraderie and genuine fun of friends & family sharing the 3D movie experience together in one space with full ATMOS surround sound. But I may be biased with a dedicated ~200” 3D home cinema.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:33 PM   #233

Jun 2020

We have a DLP projector (Benq HT 2050a) and a 100" inch screen. The 3D is fantastic. Sometimes at the theater I've had trouble with ghosting (I remember Avatar and Gravity especially having that where I saw them) but never once at home. We've watched over 40 3D films since we set up our projector/ home theater at the end of 2019 and absolutely none of them have had any ghosting at all.

Of course, nothing can replace going to the movies, but for my own personal 3D experience ... home for the win.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:50 PM   #234

Nov 2010
Canada 3d forever

Yes, projectors ace everything, especially in the "GHOSTING DEPARTMENT"
hand down !! Yes....even black levels with savvy HT Lighting !! {save you
oled types an unnecessary comment}
Old 06-15-2020, 01:08 PM   #235

Oct 2009
GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCAM View Post
Yes, projectors ace everything, especially in the "GHOSTING DEPARTMENT"
hand down !! Yes....even black levels with savvy HT Lighting !! {save you
oled types an unnecessary comment}
I finally agree with you! And I'm coming from 65" Passive 3D LG OLED.

This is what I posted on the 3D projector section below:

Just wanted to update with my experience with the Epson 5050ub. I was at first very disappointed with 3D on this set especially coming from my passive 65" LG OLED TV and after demos after demos using Samsung active 3D glasses which I already had from my previous TV... I gave up and strictly used the projector for 2D viewing only and 3D on the LG OLED and this was back in March of this year.

The problem was, any 3D movies I had, the kids wanted to watch it on the big screen and forego the 3D on the LG (I guess screen size does matter... I have 150" screen currently) and they said that 2D on the big screen is better than the 3D on mere 65" TV. So.. I had to give up watching all of my 3D movies to strictly 2D and even though the big screen helps, I was still missing out on the 3D.

So.... being active participant on AVSForums, Epson released a new firmware for my projector and people were using the Xpand X105 3D glasses with really good results so I gave it a shot over the weekend with optimized picture setting as well for 3D and OMG... I was blown away. 3D on the big screen is like an experience like no other. I watched countless demos after demos of many 3D movies and it was so amazing... Epson had too many crosstalk, it was dim, and flickering of the active glasses made the experience really bad but all that was gone now. Not sure if it was the firmware, the new 3D glasses, or what but the 3D experience I was getting far surpassed the experience I have with my passive OLED TV.

So... I brought my kids for a 3D demo and since I only had 1 glasses, I had to do it individually but they were blown away too. They were like OMG OMG...haha... they were blown away like I was. They were saying this was so much better than the TV and even the 3D was more effective they were saying. Anyway, had to order 3 more glasses (they are not cheap btw) so that our family of 4 could enjoy 3D again at last.

With that said, I think a proper projector with right active 3D glasses will blow anyone away and who says 3D is dead? This week, our movie nights will only be in 3D!
Thanks given by:
ZIROK (07-19-2020)
Old 07-17-2020, 12:53 PM   #236
Expert Member

Jul 2016

I stopped watching 3d movies in theatres a while ago. With covid I can imagine cinemas struggling with handling 3d glasses.

Last edited by don3663; 07-17-2020 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:57 AM   #237

Mar 2017

I don't think "home tv" is specific enough. I prefer Active shutter TVs. 3d in the theater never wowed me. But the Sega Scope 3d did. So does 3D on my PlayStation 3DTV.

All the other categories are olavailable in "polar vision". Home 3d tv is ambiguous. It can be polarbor shutter. Shutter looks WAY Better (in my humble opinion) that polar. Accidentally tilt your head more than a 2 degrees and you get double exposure, which causes headaches. My mom, wwho always gets 3d headaches in theaters in 2 minute. Lasted 15 minutes on a movie. But quit due to it not being her kind of film. The 3D was good, she's just not enough of a video game fan to appreciate Wreck It Ralph 3D.

She loves Frozen in 2D. If she can sit through the entire Frozen 3x, that is another data point that shows polar vision causes 3d headaches, but shutter vision does not.

Also, there's another category not considered: cell phone head mount goggles.

That is significantly different than polar 3d and shutter 3d, twin isloated images.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:22 PM   #238

Aug 2020
_

I'm going with 3D Tvs.
Thanks given by:
ilovenola2 (08-04-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 09:25 PM   #239

Mar 2017

I'm going specifically with shutter based home 3DTVs.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion