Best PS5 Games Deals


Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5)
$26.99
 
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba  The Hinokami Chronicles (PS5)
$34.99
 
Madden NFL 22 (PS5)
$34.99
 
Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (PS5)
$49.94
 
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)
$29.83
 
Tales of Arise (PS5)
$37.32
 
NBA 2K22 75th Anniversary Edition (PS5)
$69.99
 
Demon's Souls (PS5)
$39.82
 
Call of Duty: Vanguard (PS5)
$53.00
 
Life is Strange: True Colors (PS5)
$29.99
 
Marvel's Avengers (PS5)
$9.99
 
NHL 22 (PS5)
$39.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 280 69.31%
500-599 96 23.76%
600-699 10 2.48%
700+ 18 4.46%
Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2021, 01:10 AM   #13121
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Lightbulb

Over a year now since the PS5 was released and first played later at night on November 20th, 2020. I was relieved everything worked out and my PS5 is holding up really well with zero issues.

The PS5 controller is so much better quality than the POS PS4 controller IMO. PS3 controller was fine too, and PS2 and PS1 controllers. PS4 controller was cheaply made and I went through 2 Sony PS4 controllers that stopped working properly. PS5 controller, 1 year of playing at least 30 minutes a day or more, and still flawless with zero issues. Sony got it right with the controller thankfully.

PS5 games load super fast.
I love that. Rest mode is awesome for the current game being played. Start up in seconds where you left off. Unbeatable as with the PS4 rest mode.

Stinks that most people are still having trouble finding PS5s. That is stalling the industry. And probably a good reason developers are not in any rush to release PS5 specific games over PS4 games.

As far as PS4 games being enhanced on PS5, the differences are not significant yet beyond 4K resolution and 60 fps. Reflections are okay, but not game changing.

Artistically for graphics, PS5 games still currently look like PS4 games.







Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I have to say, that after playing Watch_Dogs Legion, it reminds me and shows me how we're not at the end of the graphical rainbow just yet and the goal of photorealistic/PIXAR quality in real time is probably still decades away down the road.

Whilst the PS5 version does look better, and in a side by side probably moreso. It still isn't massively impressive for an open world graphically as i guess we would still be able to achieve and despite the NVMe, the loading in and out of certain areas isn't as quick either which says to me that we also will benefit from future tech even more.

I'm not saying i'm not happy i'm playing on the PS5 version over the PS4, just that it reminded me, gaming seems to have slightly diminishing returns but we're nowhere near done improving what graphics we can experience yet.

I remember when the AC Valhalla first trailer was released. I was thinking, "Wow, if that's what PS5's graphics look like and is actual game play, PS5 will be amazing!" And then they said it was a cinematic trailer, with the gameplay trailer later revealing that it looked like a PS4 game afterall on PS5.

So yes, I agree, there is a very, very long way to go in terms of photorealism as we're still waiting for PS5 showcase games.
Ratchet Rift Apart is Pixar quality and looks like one of the few examples to show the potential of a PS5 game. I can imagine seeing it ported down to a PS4 with some handicaps for loading and resolution/framerate/reflections.

Horizon 2 will look great on PS5 for sure, but mostly in resolution and some extra foliage.

Ember Lab said they're doing extra work to add more lushness to the visuals of the PS5 version, but in the end, the PS4 version compared to the PS5 version look artistically identical if we're being real about it with no BS. Technically though, the PS5 version is the one to get.

Where the heck is the level of visuals of the "Tomb Raider" Unreal 5 demo made specifically for PS5 from the Unreal team?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Agent Bond (12-01-2021), RageATL (11-30-2021), red_5ive (12-02-2021)
Old 11-29-2021, 05:26 AM   #13122
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Over a year now since the PS5 was released and first played later at night on November 20th, 2020. I was relieved everything worked out and my PS5 is holding up really well with zero issues.

The PS5 controller is so much better quality than the POS PS4 controller IMO. PS3 controller was fine too, and PS2 and PS1 controllers. PS4 controller was cheaply made and I went through 2 Sony PS4 controllers that stopped working properly. PS5 controller, 1 year of playing at least 30 minutes a day or more, and still flawless with zero issues. Sony got it right with the controller thankfully.

PS5 games load super fast.
I love that. Rest mode is awesome for the current game being played. Start up in seconds where you left off. Unbeatable as with the PS4 rest mode.

Stinks that most people are still having trouble finding PS5s. That is stalling the industry. And probably a good reason developers are not in any rush to release PS5 specific games over PS4 games.

As far as PS4 games being enhanced on PS5, the differences are not significant yet beyond 4K resolution and 60 fps. Reflections are okay, but not game changing.

Artistically for graphics, PS5 games still currently look like PS4 games.










I remember when the AC Valhalla first trailer was released. I was thinking, "Wow, if that's what PS5's graphics look like and is actual game play, PS5 will be amazing!" And then they said it was a cinematic trailer, with the gameplay trailer later revealing that it looked like a PS4 game afterall on PS5.

So yes, I agree, there is a very, very long way to go in terms of photorealism as we're still waiting for PS5 showcase games.
Ratchet Rift Apart is Pixar quality and looks like one of the few examples to show the potential of a PS5 game. I can imagine seeing it ported down to a PS4 with some handicaps for loading and resolution/framerate/reflections.

Horizon 2 will look great on PS5 for sure, but mostly in resolution and some extra foliage.

Ember Lab said they're doing extra work to add more lushness to the visuals of the PS5 version, but in the end, the PS4 version compared to the PS5 version look artistically identical if we're being real about it with no BS. Technically though, the PS5 version is the one to get.

Where the heck is the level of visuals of the "Tomb Raider" Unreal 5 demo made specifically for PS5 from the Unreal team?
If I think back to PS4s 2013 launch, the highlight year or when new Good games started to flood the market was during 2015 year.

Maybe PS5 will be similar in that timeframe from launch. So 2022 year I think its possible for PS5 to pick up steam & release a bunch of great 1st & 3rd Party Games.

Am sure well get Horizon & GT7 from Sony. Hopefully God of War later in the year. That should be a good year for Sony if all 3 games make it out.

Im hoping we see decent 3rd Party games trickle in throughout 2022 just like what happened back in 2015 for PS4.



I know Ill be saving up coin as much as I can. Sucks getting a new game now costs $100 here. We paid around $70 for games back in 2015 new after taxes. Now it is closer to $100. So a $30/per title increase since 2015.

I know ya guys south only had to deal with 1 price hike. That being $60 to $70. Id rather be in your guys shoes regarding gaming prices.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:17 PM   #13123
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
141
18
Default

Good graphical leaps are always near the end of the gen. See Last of Us vs Last of Us 2 as prime examples both releasing on the tail end of each respective generation and pushing them as far as they can.

It's always the same cycle imo but eventually we will get there and it will be glorious to behold. Besides, to not be impressed in some ways gen on gen would be rubbish and prove innovation isn't being made.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 03:49 PM   #13124
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

The media is saying over the weekend of Black Friday sales, the XBSS console for 299, outsold the PS5 by a lot as their headline. Then the article states that the PS5 was barely available as the reason... As most people already know.
XBSS' limitations in processing power and resolution keep it from being the next level of consoles though, and reminds me of the Wii U trying to keep up with the PS4 and XB1. Most developers skipped the Wii U, spelling its eventual downfall. But for MS, they strongly suggest that won't be the case with the XBSS, for which games can be easily downgraded in resolution as the key to porting them for it.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
If I think back to PS4’s 2013 launch, the highlight year or when new “Good” games started to flood the market was during 2015 year.

Maybe PS5 will be similar in that timeframe from launch. So 2022 year I think it’s possible for PS5 to pick up steam & release a bunch of great 1st & 3rd Party Games.

Am sure we’ll get Horizon & GT7 from Sony. Hopefully God of War later in the year. That should be a good year for Sony if all 3 games make it out.

I’m hoping we see decent 3rd Party games trickle in throughout 2022 just like what happened back in 2015 for PS4.



I know I’ll be saving up coin as much as I can. Sucks getting a new game now costs $100 here. We paid around $70 for games back in 2015 new after taxes. Now it is closer to $100. So a $30/per title increase since 2015.

I know ya guys south only had to deal with 1 price hike. That being $60 to $70. I’d rather be in your guys shoes regarding gaming prices.
That stinks about the prices seeming much higher there despite the difference in value of the Canadian dollar. The Euro I believe is worth more than the US dollar as well. Importing taxes and fees must be high there.

What's interesting is the cross platform games from other publishers are most times, no more than 59.99 even for PS5, which is surprising to see, since they could've easily tried to cash in for the PS5 versions. Instead, they offered free PS5 upgrades if one bought the PS4 version.

If that will last when PS5 starts getting PS5 specific made games will be determined.

My first PS3 game in November 2013 was Need For Speed Rivals. A good game that showed off a few small improvements like resolution and beads of water on the cars that looked great. But while playing, I kept thinking it wasn't a big jump from PS3.

Back in late 2014, Drive Club was released for PS4, and that game seemed more like the next level compared to PS3.
Witcher 3 in May 2015 was another title that took things up a big notch visually.
Fallout 4 in late 2015 looked pretty good and not possible on a PS3.

So yes, by late 2015, about 2 years after PS4's November 2013 release date.







Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Good graphical leaps are always near the end of the gen. See Last of Us vs Last of Us 2 as prime examples both releasing on the tail end of each respective generation and pushing them as far as they can.

It's always the same cycle imo but eventually we will get there and it will be glorious to behold. Besides, to not be impressed in some ways gen on gen would be rubbish and prove innovation isn't being made.
Visually, the PS4 has achieved some amazing visuals with games like Uncharted 4 as a good example, so it's a new challenge for developers to push things beyond that it seems early on.

Plus most developers making games for PS4 and PS5, don't want to add a ton of new things into the PS5 version as that could take a lot more time compared to just working on a PS4 version and then upscaling it for PS5, during the expected cross platform years of PS5 with 2022 here in 30 days.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #13125
PeterTHX PeterTHX is offline
Banned
 
PeterTHX's Avatar
 
Sep 2006
561
12
Default

Picked up a Samsung 980 PRO with heatsink (1TB) for Black Friday at Amazon and installed it into my PS5 (standard with disc). Came up immediately, formatted it and it was ready fairly quickly. Really annoying how the install sizes of these games have ballooned so much you need the extra storage pretty much immediately.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (11-30-2021), Weirded Wonder (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021, 09:33 PM   #13126
NARMAK NARMAK is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
141
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
Picked up a Samsung 980 PRO with heatsink (1TB) for Black Friday at Amazon and installed it into my PS5 (standard with disc). Came up immediately, formatted it and it was ready fairly quickly. Really annoying how the install sizes of these games have ballooned so much you need the extra storage pretty much immediately.
I think it's hilarious that they talked about how the fast NVMe eliminated the need for duplicate data and then also how Kraken could compress assets even moreso than ever before so overall sizes would remain the same or lower. Yet here we are with 60GB+ games and like 40GB+ patches

That's why if somehow they bother to develop next gen storage that's as fast as or faster than NVMe drives and basically has like say up to 100GB storage, i think we'd be golden on not needing ridiculous amounts of storage to hold games. God i miss the PS1/PS2 days when we didn't need to install crap. The faster loading is definitely great and amazing in some cases but i miss not having any worries of running out of space.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:33 AM   #13127
Diesel Diesel is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Diesel's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
31
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
I think it's hilarious that they talked about how the fast NVMe eliminated the need for duplicate data and then also how Kraken could compress assets even moreso than ever before so overall sizes would remain the same or lower. Yet here we are with 60GB+ games and like 40GB+ patches

That's why if somehow they bother to develop next gen storage that's as fast as or faster than NVMe drives and basically has like say up to 100GB storage, i think we'd be golden on not needing ridiculous amounts of storage to hold games. God i miss the PS1/PS2 days when we didn't need to install crap. The faster loading is definitely great and amazing in some cases but i miss not having any worries of running out of space.
That’s because of developers not using the tech properly

We have multiple examples of PS5 versions being a good bit smaller than the PS4 versions even with higher resolution assets and such. Most recently being Guardians of the Galaxy at nearly half of the PS4 file size.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
KilloWertz (12-01-2021), NARMAK (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021, 04:34 AM   #13128
KilloWertz KilloWertz is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
KilloWertz's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
39
997
65
3
82
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Thats because of developers not using the tech properly

We have multiple examples of PS5 versions being a good bit smaller than the PS4 versions even with higher resolution assets and such. Most recently being Guardians of the Galaxy at nearly half of the PS4 file size.
In the case of games with ridiculous file sizes which also end up being basically the same as the PS4 version, they have to not even be using the Kraken compression tech. For the ones that aren't lazy, which actually is a good amount of them in the grand scheme of things, the sizes are insanely small in comparison to last gen and Xbox. A few examples would be Assassin's Creed Valhalla updates being under half the size they are on Xbox, the already mentioned Guardians, and Skyrim without the extra 45th Re-Release Edition content being under 20 GB on PS5 (once again under half of what it is on Xbox).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:52 PM   #13129
Agent Bond Agent Bond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
220
33
3
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (12-01-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 03:14 AM   #13130
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

System Software 4.50 is out.

(System Performance)

Meh..

Give us 5.00 already! I want Native 120hz System Level support & that 32GB CAP removed to at least 40GB + VRR.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:41 AM   #13131
KilloWertz KilloWertz is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
KilloWertz's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
39
997
65
3
82
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz
Default

Nothing like a nice cup of System Performance in the morning. The breakfast of champions.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RageATL (12-02-2021)
Old 12-02-2021, 07:44 AM   #13132
Talal86 Talal86 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Talal86's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
85
231
3
71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
System Software 4.50 is out.

(System Performance)

Meh..

Give us 5.00 already! Ps1-3 backward compatibility with Fps/Resolution boost
More like this
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Derb (Yesterday)
Old 12-02-2021, 08:13 PM   #13133
JoeKryten JoeKryten is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2007
Tucson, AZ
1
Default

Another Target drop this morning. I'm now two for two on them (once for me in April, and now for a friend). Seems to be the way to go if you live near them and have the time to sit at your computer from 6-9am Eastern time...all week...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #13134
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
191
789
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKryten View Post
Another Target drop this morning. I'm now two for two on them (once for me in April, and now for a friend). Seems to be the way to go if you live near them and have the time to sit at your computer from 6-9am Eastern time...all week...
Yeah that's the biggest problem. I don't have the time to do that. I've tried to do the follow Twitter restock thing, but still have been unsuccessful securing one. Several times I've been in the Sony queue, and I've seen it go down to 10 minutes before it was my turn, only to get the "out of stock, why don't you buy <something you don't need instead>" message.

And to commemorate my inability to get my hands on one which I've pretty much given up on, I just ordered an XB Series S from Buy More Best Buy for local pick up.

But don't ask me why I did that being that I have a souped up PC and can play just about every game on PC that releases on XB at high FPS and 144 Hz refresh. I might just be mad that I've had no luck getting a PS5, so I went to the dark side out of spite.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:14 PM   #13135
JoeKryten JoeKryten is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2007
Tucson, AZ
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Yeah that's the biggest problem. I don't have the time to do that. I've tried to do the follow Twitter restock thing, but still have been unsuccessful securing one. Several times I've been in the Sony queue, and I've seen it go down to 10 minutes before it was my turn, only to get the "out of stock, why don't you buy <something you don't need instead>" message.

And to commemorate my inability to get my hands on one which I've pretty much given up on, I just ordered an XB Series S from Buy More Best Buy for local pick up.

But don't ask me why I did that being that I have a souped up PC and can play just about every game on PC that releases on XB at high FPS and 144 Hz refresh. I might just be mad that I've had no luck getting a PS5, so I went to the dark side out of spite.
I've been lucky, time wise, both times. They had info that the drop in April was happening on a specific day of the week so I only had to do the vigil on one day. This time they had no specific day info but I wasn't interested until a friend mentioned he was looking to get one when I spoke to him on Wednesday. The drop hadn't happened yet so I figured getting up early on only two days was fine. The drop happened on the first day so no mornings wasted.

Both times I had to keep hitting "place order" for about 20 minutes but I eventually got them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:59 PM   #13136
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
191
789
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKryten View Post
I've been lucky, time wise, both times. They had info that the drop in April was happening on a specific day of the week so I only had to do the vigil on one day. This time they had no specific day info but I wasn't interested until a friend mentioned he was looking to get one when I spoke to him on Wednesday. The drop hadn't happened yet so I figured getting up early on only two days was fine. The drop happened on the first day so no mornings wasted.

Both times I had to keep hitting "place order" for about 20 minutes but I eventually got them.
Can I be your friend?

Seriously joking. That's cool of you to do that. I've been tempted to do the Best Buy TotalTech thing, but it still doesn't guarantee a place in line. My main reason for wanting a PS5 is for my son for Christmas, but sadly is turning out last year as he wanted one then. I grabbed him a Switch instead since he's been wanting one anyway. I've pretty much given up on trying to secure a PS5.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #13137
Derb Derb is online now
Blu-ray Duke
 
Derb's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
11
46
3278
4
3
7
1
2
51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_5ive View Post
Can I be your friend?

Seriously joking. That's cool of you to do that. I've been tempted to do the Best Buy TotalTech thing, but it still doesn't guarantee a place in line. My main reason for wanting a PS5 is for my son for Christmas, but sadly is turning out last year as he wanted one then. I grabbed him a Switch instead since he's been wanting one anyway. I've pretty much given up on trying to secure a PS5.
Ive looked here & there even though I dont need one.

Sony will have more stock next year. Sony is losing money every single day because thousands of sold Consoles are not being used at all & they are heavily dependent on digital revenue each year.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
red_5ive (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:28 PM   #13138
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
191
789
2
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I’ve looked here & there even though I don’t need one.

Sony will have more stock next year. Sony is losing money every single day because thousands of sold Consoles are not being used at all & they are heavily dependent on digital revenue each year.
I'm really over it now that I was able to get my son a Switch. Plus I've been way happy being back on PC again. I haven't fired up my PS4 since before summer. I was also hoping to get a PS5 for myself for exclusives and have been wanting to replay Ghost of Tsushima, but when I heard the DC was coming I thought I'd wait for a PS5, along with any other new game purchases. But the more I think about it, why? My rig is doing 90+ frames @ 144Hz on Cyberpunk almost maxed out, and I can play on super ultrawide resolution. And If I'm only playing exclusives, PS4 is just fine for now, at least up until they stop releasing new games for it. And so far I'm not interested in the PS5 exclusives.
[Show spoiler][Waiting on the the PS5 police to tell me otherwise... ]
So the PS4 Ghosts DC is now on my Christmas list.

If anything I'll be buying myself a Switch because both my boys will have one now once my oldest gets his on Christmas. So I'll have to get in on the fun.

But I'm still wondering what I'm going to do with that Series S lol. I doubt my kids will be interested, and anything I can play on it will also be available for PC. It might end up being an expensive media streamer if I don't return it entirely. But on the other hand, Forza Horizon 5 will be super fun on the big screen, in Atmos or Dolby Surround, and with my 3 subs pumpin'.

Last edited by red_5ive; Yesterday at 05:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #13139
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
3
125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKryten View Post
Another Target drop this morning. I'm now two for two on them (once for me in April, and now for a friend). Seems to be the way to go if you live near them and have the time to sit at your computer from 6-9am Eastern time...all week...
Good going there. Good plan.
It was in the very early hours of morning when I woke up and totally lucked out with a PS5 for November 12, 2020. Even back then, at such an off time, the websites still struggled to get an order through without resetting several times.

But some interesting news:

US Congress Introduces Bill to Stop Scalpers From Buying PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
"A new bill introduced in the United States Congress is hoping to make things a bit easier. If the bill passes, it will make the use of bots to purchase gaming consoles illegal."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/us-c...205140325.html

Of course if using bots was illegal, it might dissuade some, but many of the resellers couldn't care any less about rules and ethics. They just want to rip people off and take advantage.

There needs to be a way that websites can improve their set ups to prevent all bots, and only allow real people to sit there and press buttons. The current methods aren't working sadly.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:13 AM.