Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 10 is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
16 hrs ago
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99
16 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Hunter Killer 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8 hrs ago
Audition (Blu-ray)
$29.33
15 hrs ago
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Oliver! (Blu-ray)
$15.05
5 hrs ago
Mid90s (Blu-ray)
$14.99
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 07-24-2017, 06:18 PM   #681
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Arizona, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoNuts View Post
I've got this player and it plays the few 1080/50i discs that I have no problem.
That's good, cause I was thinking of picking up the Dekalog set from Arrow. If anyone has the SR4KP1, I would love to hear specific confirmation on that Blu-ray playing back successfully.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:23 AM   #682

Nov 2012
Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk5844 View Post
That's good, cause I was thinking of picking up the Dekalog set from Arrow. If anyone has the SR4KP1, I would love to hear specific confirmation on that Blu-ray playing back successfully.
Unfortunately I can't answer your specific question. But everything I've tried plays with no problem ( including region locked dvds ). Hopefully someone out there has subscribed to this thread and can give you a definitive answer. If I had to bet, I bet it would definitely play.

I think a good question for myself or others would be:

Does anyone own this player and COULD NOT play a disc whether bd or dvd?
Thanks given by:
jlk5844 (07-25-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 01:30 AM   #683

Nov 2012
Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRUCK View Post
Will the SR4KP1 play actual 4K discs? What does upconvert mean?
No, it's not a 4k player. Google upconvert for details on what it actually Is.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #684
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2011
Arizona, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcforsyth View Post
Unfortunately I can't answer your specific question. But everything I've tried plays with no problem ( including region locked dvds ). Hopefully someone out there has subscribed to this thread and can give you a definitive answer. If I had to bet, I bet it would definitely play.

I think a good question for myself or others would be:

Does anyone own this player and COULD NOT play a disc whether bd or dvd?
Does the TV matter? I've never played 1080i/50 content before, or B-locked discs for that matter. But I do have the SR4KP1 player and one B-locked disc (Phenomena LE).
Old 07-25-2017, 11:31 PM   #685

Jul 2017
Collettsville, NC

Great googly-moogly...

The problem with coming years too late on a great forum like this is that I am now suffering from an overload of outdated information and still no closer to being able to make an informed decision. lol

Anyways....back to reading...
Old 08-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #686
Power Member

Oct 2006

where can i buy one of these players?
Old 08-26-2017, 10:21 PM   #687

Nov 2012
Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
where can i buy one of these players?
If you're referring to the SR4KP1, http://www.abcwarehouse.com/seiki-sr4kp1 has them really cheap.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:43 PM   #688

Aug 2017
Vancouver
-
-

After googling region free players I found this forum back in May of this year, & was able to locate the last one of these available locally at Canadian Tire stores in the area. I had to drive to one about an hour away. Looked all over the area of the store where their website said it was. Finally spotted at the back of a locked display cabinet under some other stuff & found a girl to dig it out for me. The box was so light it felt like nothing was inside, but sure enough there was a player inside. My heart was pounding as I drove home in anticipation of trying it out, dreading that it may not work!
But yep it plays everything I've tried in it since! I only use it for locked titles, and use the regular player for everything else.
I was most surprised that it also played all my ancient Hong Kong VCD's! I have an LG that just spits those out like they might contaminate it.
I have almost all of Wong Kar Wai's films on VCD and somehow it just feels like that's the way those films are meant to be seen instead of on some pristine blu-ray transfer - at least that's what I tell myself so I'm not tempted to pay the price being asked for his films on blu-ray.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:28 AM   #689

Sep 2017
Default Cps_limited_analog

Anynone know hiw to fix CPS_LIMITED_ANALOG. I can't play my Criterion's Samurai Trilogy BD

It keeps displaying whenever I insert the blu ray disc. No problem with DVD tho.

Please help me! Thank you in advance.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #690

Aug 2010

Looking at the ABCWarhehouse website and the Seiki SR4KP1 model I don’t see where it says region free like say the 220electronics site et al might. Are they region free only when you buy them from Canada? Or is the region free aspect not generally known but it’s there? Do you have to mod it? Thanks =)
Old 09-29-2017, 03:11 PM   #691
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchickinHD View Post
Looking at the ABCWarhehouse website and the Seiki SR4KP1 model I donít see where it says region free like say the 220electronics site et al might. Are they region free only when you buy them from Canada? Or is the region free aspect not generally known but itís there? Do you have to mod it? Thanks =)
I bought mine from Sears and it was not advertised as region free, but put the code in and I could change the region.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #692

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthenikonuser View Post
I bought mine from Sears and it was not advertised as region free, but put the code in and I could change the region.
There seems to be a few sending it back, a few not happy with brightness and artifacts etc. What say you?
Old 09-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #693
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchickinHD View Post
There seems to be a few sending it back, a few not happy with brightness and artifacts etc. What say you?
I have no problems with mine, for a cheap player I thought it works great.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #694

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Every one sold over the last 2 year or more has been out of teh box hackable with the remote code. ABC doesn't say Region Free (I don't think any of the previous retailers do either since it doesn't have to modified like those at 220), but the one I received from them was immediately and easily changed to Region Free for DVD and changeable regions fro Bluray. I also set it to output it to output the native video so no changing from PAL to NTSC for DVD or 50Hz to 60Hz for BD.

Really just astoundingly flexible for $50. It's about 6 oz so I have no idea of long term, but at $50 it's almost a disposable commodity if it works for 12-24months

I agree, what do you want for the price. It feels junky, works clunky but it does work. Ive noticed mine does not like to move quickly on commands but Im not picky for what I paid. If it crapped out I'd buy another, 18 months and counting.

For region changing go to setup menu punch in 8520, pick your region and away you go. I bought it to play my Open Range BD
Old 10-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #695
Expert Member

Feb 2012
San Francisco, Ca

Just for anyone who's interested - I bought the Seiki SR4KP1 and it was delivered from Amazon yesterday. We set it up last night and it seems to work 100% Groovy!

It played my Australian "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars" BR and it's Bonus Features just fine.

It also played my German PAL Northern Exposure DVD perfectly! In fact, I think it played it better than my now-extinct Oppo DV-981HD. I couldn't compare it to the Oppo but I think the Seiki's Upscaling looks a LOT better!

There is a Programmer Code that let's you into the Region and PAL settings and you can set it up to play PAL AND American DVDs. It seems you only have to change that setting once and from then on it'll play both PAL and American DVDs forever and a day. (I've already been beach-slapped in here for doing something against the rules, so I'm not sure I can post the code here - but it's easy to find, and if I find out it's ok, Ill post it).

The BR Region setting looks like you'll have to reset it whenever you play a "Different" BR Region than the one it's set to. So it's not automatic, but it's pretty easy to do and only takes a few seconds.

It's amazingly LIGHT WEIGHT and I really like the Displays for Time, Chapters, et al.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #696
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

So the Seiki is guaranteed to be 100% region free for BD and DVD? If I buy it at ABC Warehouse it’ll be the same? And does it have updates? Sometimes updates will introduce the region lock.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #697
Power Member

Oct 2006

does seiki player have excellent video quality etc. or is it crap the amazon reviews muddy the waters for me i need to know so know if i should buy it or not
Old 10-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #698
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2013

Quote:
does seiki player have excellent video quality etc. or is it crap the amazon reviews muddy the waters for me i need to know so know if i should buy it or not
It is a serviceable player, I didn't find to to be visually deficient to my Sony players.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:59 PM   #699
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:

I've been using the Seiki player for years and the video looks no different from my Sony player or PS3.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #700
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
The Seiki has serviceable video quality. It's not on par with the best standalone players for PQ.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders