Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 13 is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Planet of the Apes Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.96
8 hrs ago
Jurassic World: 5 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99

Despicable Me 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$13.99

Jack Reacher 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.32

Supernatural: The Complete Thirteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
14 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Forty Guns (Blu-ray)
$22.97
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 10-18-2017, 01:10 AM   #701

Apr 2017

Just received a new SR4KP1 this morning. I get a "No Disc" error whenever I insert a blu-ray/dvd. The FED EX guy tossed it hard onto my porch. Any suggestions/troubleshooting tips or do I have to send it back to ABC Warehouse?
Old 10-18-2017, 03:24 AM   #702

Apr 2017

I'll take your advice. Thank You
Old 10-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #703

Nov 2012
Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Voice View Post
Just received a new SR4KP1 this morning. I get a "No Disc" error whenever I insert a blu-ray/dvd. The FED EX guy tossed it hard onto my porch. Any suggestions/troubleshooting tips or do I have to send it back to ABC Warehouse?
If you actually saw the Fed Ex driver mishandle your package, I STRONGLY suggest you contact FE and let them know your experience.

There's no excuse for that period!!!
Old 10-19-2017, 05:57 PM   #704

Apr 2017
Thumbs up

I called FED-EX and filed a complaint.
Thanks given by:
dcforsyth (10-20-2017)
Old 10-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #705

Dec 2012
-
-
-

I don't know if this means anything but bhphotovideo.com no longer sells the SR4KP1. They now have it listed as discontinued.

A year ago Monoprice stopped selling it also. With B&H no longer listing it, I think that might just leave ABCWarehouse that still carries it at a low price.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:53 AM   #706
Power Member

Oct 2006

is it possible to buy a blu ray that's normally locked to region b but had it's region unlocked?
Old 10-22-2017, 02:07 AM   #707
Expert Member

Mar 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to EManT2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by keke View Post
I don't know if this means anything but bhphotovideo.com no longer sells the SR4KP1. They now have it listed as discontinued.

A year ago Monoprice stopped selling it also. With B&H no longer listing it, I think that might just leave ABCWarehouse that still carries it at a low price.

Hmmmmm, might be a good thing that I recently bought two of the SR4KP1.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #708

Oct 2017

I just purchased one of these players in the UK, but in the UK the model number is the Seiki SB36K1U. It looks identical to the SEIKI SR4KP1, but I think the remote is slightly different from images I've seen available online.

The code for region change is working as it should, and it does a very good job at up scaling DVD's, seems to do a better job than my PC does when using VLC for playback. I'm not noticing any lines I get when using VLC during fast moving images, I think they might be scaling artifacts.

When I set the output to Multi, region 1 DVD's output at 60hz which my Dell monitor displays just fine, but when playing back region A Blu Rays, the Seiki outputs them at 50hz for some reason. I thought the multi setting would output based on the source?

Last edited by jamonbread; 10-23-2017 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:11 AM   #709
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman2000 View Post
is it possible to buy a blu ray that's normally locked to region b but had it's region unlocked?
If I understand your question, the answer is no. If you have a copy of a region B title....it can only be played on a region B player or region Free player. The titles can't change regions. The studio can decide at a later date to release the title as region free or all region...which means printing new copies. But, the copy you have in your hands can't change it's region.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:36 PM   #710
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2014

I'm new to buying a region free player and just wondering which is a really good quality player in the $150-200 price range or less. I've heard Panasonics suck due to incredibly loud noise during playback. I've been reading the last couple pages about the Seiki player which I was thinking of getting (not the UHD player since I don't have a UHD TV or if that matters). I'm just worried about getting a region free player because I've heard a lot of people have problems with theirs and also go region locked once there's an update. How are Sony players and any recommendations? Thanks in advance

Last edited by MassiveMovieBuff; 10-24-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:42 AM   #711

Oct 2017

I've read a lot post saying the SEIKI doesn't support playback of media files via USB, but I can at least confirm mine is playing back MKV's, AVI's, and MP4 video files off DVD's.

The player loads the disc as a data disc, I was able to select and play 720p MKV's, as well as some AVI's and MP4's without any issues..

Last edited by jamonbread; 12-09-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:34 AM   #712

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesncc1701 View Post
I got this player back in December and bloody love it. But am I the only one who's had trouble with playback of multichannel PCM audio? TrueHD and DTS HD-MA play perfectly well but I pop in something like The Departed which has PCM 5.1 and it only comes through in 2 channel. I've ****ed with the setting as much as I can but I'll be damned if I can't figure it out. For the record I have the SR4KP1 and it's hooked up via HDMI to the Yamaha amp mentioned in my signature. Thanks for any help.
Did you ever find the solution to this problem? I just got one of these players and it won't let me choose more than 2.x speakers. The same setup has worked with another player (PS3) before.

Update: solution was to change HDMI to Bitstream and ignore the Seiki's 2.x speaker config. My receiver automatically changed to 5.1.

Last edited by Dollar Colonel; 11-17-2017 at 04:43 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:23 PM   #713

Oct 2017

Anyone notice that the UK version of the SEIKI can output 1080p24 blurays at 50hz, or 60hz?
Old 12-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #714

Dec 2017

Newbie question. I own the SR4KP1, an I was playing the UK version of Frozen for my kid today. He was playing with the remote, and all of a sudden I see "480p" on the screen. I don't know how he messed with the resolution. Anyway, I pressed the OPTION button and scrolled down to see the bitrate, an it hovered around 5 Mbps. It offered me the option to change this to around 25-26 Mbps. I chose this option, exited the menu, and when I went back a minute after, the bitrate was again around 5 Mbps. According to Bluray.com, this UK version of Frozen is encoded at 26.70 Mbps.
Does this affect the picture quality? How can I force it to do 25-26 Mbps instead of 4-6? Is the BD player doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #715
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Push the HDMI button on the bottom right till it says 1080p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Newbie question. I own the SR4KP1, an I was playing the UK version of Frozen for my kid today. He was playing with the remote, and all of a sudden I see "480p" on the screen. I don't know how he messed with the resolution. Anyway, I pressed the OPTION button and scrolled down to see the bitrate, an it hovered around 5 Mbps. It offered me the option to change this to around 25-26 Mbps. I chose this option, exited the menu, and when I went back a minute after, the bitrate was again around 5 Mbps. According to Bluray.com, this UK version of Frozen is encoded at 26.70 Mbps.
Does this affect the picture quality? How can I force it to do 25-26 Mbps instead of 4-6? Is the BD player doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:37 AM   #716

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidthenikonuser View Post
Push the HDMI button on the bottom right till it says 1080p.
Thank you!
I tried that, and while it does change to 1080p, the bitrate stays at around 5 Mbps, even when I tried with other movies. Is this normal? The picture quality definitely looks good, though.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #717
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Thank you!
I tried that, and while it does change to 1080p, the bitrate stays at around 5 Mbps, even when I tried with other movies. Is this normal? The picture quality definitely looks good, though.
On the bit rate, there is 2 options, one for audio and one for video. Default when you click on it is for audio, use the up/down key to change to video.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:02 PM   #718

Nov 2013

In the Sony S6500 thread, samcor_nz came up with the following fix for auto dnr being applied:

"1.) While playing a Blu-ray, press the 'Options' button on the remote.
2.) From the menu that appears, select 'Video Settings'.
3.) From the 'Picture Quality Mode' menu, select 'Custom1'
4.) From the 'Custom1' menu, select 'Preset'.
5.) From the 'Preset' menu, select 'Anime' (At this point the DNR will disappear),
6.) Return to the Custom1 menu and set all settings to 0 or OFF. Click OK
7.) Return to the 'Picture Quality Mode' menu and select 'Direct' and you're done.

You can now power of the player and the DNR will not return."

Anyone know if there's something similar for the seiki, to fix what some have said is its auto sharpening?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Kyle15 (02-03-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #719
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn’t find a simple Yes or No answer:
I have the Seiki SR4KP1 and it’s wonderful, works beautifully with my UK imports. I tried out a PAL DVD (Arietty- the Studio Ghibli film) and it worked just fine, though I saw a watermark-type thing in the top right hand side, but I stopped at some point and just used the Blu-ray to watch the film at a later date.
So it works with PAL DVDs, but what about 1080i 50HZ Blu-ray content? I’m not sure if my TV supports 50HZ, so what I’m really asking is if it converts 50i to 60i.
Old 03-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #720

Nov 2014

I don't have a Seiki but I can't imagine why it wouldn't be able to do 1080i/50 if it can do SD PAL (which is also 50hz.)
Thanks given by:
professorwho (03-07-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders