Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$37.30

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.99

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 11-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Default Sony settlement for PS Vita false advertising

SETTLEMENT DETAILS
Quote:
4. “Eligible Purchaser” means any consumer who purchased the PlayStation Vita before June 1, 2012 and did not return it for a full refund.
Quote:
IV.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that respondent shall offer Eligible Purchasers a check or credit for twenty-five dollars ($25) or the alternative of a voucher (or entitlement) for merchandise, video games, and/or services with a retail value of fifty dollars ($50) or more. Respondent shall provide such redress to Eligible Purchasers as follows:

A. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall provide a notice, via email, to each Eligible Purchaser whom it can reasonably identify. Respondent shall send the notice to the current or last known email address for each such Eligible Purchaser. The electronic notice shall be in the form set out in Appendix A. The subject line of the email required by this subpart shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.” No additional information, other than that described in subpart IV. D. of this order, shall be included in or added to the notice (Appendix A) required by this subpar

B. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall post a notice on its website informing Eligible Purchasers who were not provided with the notice described in subpart IV.A. above, how they can obtain redress. A prominent link to this notice shall be posted on the
first page of the PlayStation Vita section of its website, and shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.”
This notice shall include access, by way of a link or other means, to a form set out in Appendix B to this order, asking these consumers to provide sufficient credible evidence that they qualify as Eligible Purchasers.

C. Respondent shall honor requests for redress from Eligible Purchasers who submit the appropriate forms, pursuant to subparts IV.A. or IV. B., within ninety (90) days after the date of service of this order (“Redress Period”). The period for fulfillment of redress requests is set forth in subpart IV.E. of this order.
Link to FTC
Link to settlement details

Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America has agreed to settle allegations it misled consumers about features of its PlayStation Vita handheld gaming console, the Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.

As part of the settlement, Sony will stop making the inaccurate claims and will give people who had purchased the device either a $25 refund or $50 voucher to buy other games, the FTC said
Link

Last edited by Psybits; 11-26-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Expert Member

Feb 2012
Katy, TX

Awesome, can't wait for the $50 voucher.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Special Member

Dec 2009
Jackson, MS

Crap. Another article says the settlement is for those who bought a Vita before June 2012. I got mine in December 2012.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
Crap. Another article says the settlement is for those who bought a Vita before June 2012. I got mine in December 2012.
yeah, I added that to the OP.

I got mine Black Friday 2012
Old 11-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁

How can you falsely advertise something you never advertised?

Jokes aside I am Canadian so don't think I am eligible for that reason even though I have a first edition bundle. But I wouldn't feel right claiming it anyway since the Vita has far exceeded my expectations.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007

Do they mail you the paper? Or is there something you have to fill out? I got mine launch day.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:02 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I just want to know how they came up with the date.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamclaur View Post
Do they mail you the paper? Or is there something you have to fill out? I got mine launch day.
Link to settlement details
Quote:
IV.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that respondent shall offer Eligible Purchasers a check or credit for twenty-five dollars ($25) or the alternative of a voucher (or entitlement) for merchandise, video games, and/or services with a retail value of fifty dollars ($50) or more. Respondent shall provide such redress to Eligible Purchasers as follows:

A. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall provide a notice, via email, to each Eligible Purchaser whom it can reasonably identify. Respondent shall send the notice to the current or last known email address for each such Eligible Purchaser. The electronic notice shall be in the form set out in Appendix A. The subject line of the email required by this subpart shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.” No additional information, other than that described in subpart IV. D. of this order, shall be included in or added to the notice (Appendix A) required by this subpar

B. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall post a notice on its website informing Eligible Purchasers who were not provided with the notice described in subpart IV.A. above, how they can obtain redress. A prominent link to this notice shall be posted on the
first page of the PlayStation Vita section of its website, and shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.”
This notice shall include access, by way of a link or other means, to a form set out in Appendix B to this order, asking these consumers to provide sufficient credible evidence that they qualify as Eligible Purchasers.

C. Respondent shall honor requests for redress from Eligible Purchasers who submit the appropriate forms, pursuant to subparts IV.A. or IV. B., within ninety (90) days after the date of service of this order (“Redress Period”). The period for fulfillment of redress requests is set forth in subpart IV.E. of this order.
Sony has 5days to get the info on their website, not sure if it is there now, but check back in 5days to be sure. You'll have 85days left then to claim if you have not received an email from them at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I just want to know how they came up with the date.
I am guessing that was the date the ads in question were pulled or stopped
Old 11-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
DFW TX

Got mine at launch through Amazon.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

I too should be getting this settlement cash. But I haven't received an e-mail or anything yet. I got the Little Deviants launch bundle the week it came out. What gives Sony? Get your shizz together. If not...oh well. I'm with dude who doesn't even feel I got slighted. Great system either way.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:15 AM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

Umm interesting I wonder how will they know? Prob by activation dates would be my guess.

Seems the $50 voucher has predetermined goodies, wonder if they are really worth it. The other option is taking cash or PSN credit for $25.

IMO they should just send all affected parties a 64gb card.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable