Best PS Vita Game Deals


Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99
 
Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01
 
Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99
 
Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99
 
Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65
 
Death Mark (PS Vita)
$37.30
 
Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.99
 
Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
305
2
Default Sony settlement for PS Vita false advertising

SETTLEMENT DETAILS
Quote:
4. “Eligible Purchaser” means any consumer who purchased the PlayStation Vita before June 1, 2012 and did not return it for a full refund.
Quote:
IV.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that respondent shall offer Eligible Purchasers a check or credit for twenty-five dollars ($25) or the alternative of a voucher (or entitlement) for merchandise, video games, and/or services with a retail value of fifty dollars ($50) or more. Respondent shall provide such redress to Eligible Purchasers as follows:

A. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall provide a notice, via email, to each Eligible Purchaser whom it can reasonably identify. Respondent shall send the notice to the current or last known email address for each such Eligible Purchaser. The electronic notice shall be in the form set out in Appendix A. The subject line of the email required by this subpart shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.” No additional information, other than that described in subpart IV. D. of this order, shall be included in or added to the notice (Appendix A) required by this subpar

B. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall post a notice on its website informing Eligible Purchasers who were not provided with the notice described in subpart IV.A. above, how they can obtain redress. A prominent link to this notice shall be posted on the
first page of the PlayStation Vita section of its website, and shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.”
This notice shall include access, by way of a link or other means, to a form set out in Appendix B to this order, asking these consumers to provide sufficient credible evidence that they qualify as Eligible Purchasers.

C. Respondent shall honor requests for redress from Eligible Purchasers who submit the appropriate forms, pursuant to subparts IV.A. or IV. B., within ninety (90) days after the date of service of this order (“Redress Period”). The period for fulfillment of redress requests is set forth in subpart IV.E. of this order.
Link to FTC
Link to settlement details



Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment America has agreed to settle allegations it misled consumers about features of its PlayStation Vita handheld gaming console, the Federal Trade Commission said on Tuesday.

As part of the settlement, Sony will stop making the inaccurate claims and will give people who had purchased the device either a $25 refund or $50 voucher to buy other games, the FTC said
Link

Last edited by Psybits; 11-26-2014 at 04:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Stitches Stitches is offline
Expert Member
 
Stitches's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Katy, TX
3
663
2
Default

Awesome, can't wait for the $50 voucher.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
RJ MacReady RJ MacReady is offline
Special Member
 
RJ MacReady's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Jackson, MS
431
2104
1034
2
Default

Crap. Another article says the settlement is for those who bought a Vita before June 2012. I got mine in December 2012.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
305
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ MacReady View Post
Crap. Another article says the settlement is for those who bought a Vita before June 2012. I got mine in December 2012.
yeah, I added that to the OP.

I got mine Black Friday 2012
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
Hayabusa85 Hayabusa85 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hayabusa85's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁
806
16
5285
1796
Default

How can you falsely advertise something you never advertised?

Jokes aside I am Canadian so don't think I am eligible for that reason even though I have a first edition bundle. But I wouldn't feel right claiming it anyway since the Vita has far exceeded my expectations.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
jamclaur jamclaur is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jamclaur's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
29
800
34
Default

Do they mail you the paper? Or is there something you have to fill out? I got mine launch day.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:02 AM   #7
dyne dyne is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
dyne's Avatar
 
Feb 2011
24
452
7
Default

I just want to know how they came up with the date.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #8
Psybits Psybits is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Psybits's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
305
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamclaur View Post
Do they mail you the paper? Or is there something you have to fill out? I got mine launch day.
Link to settlement details
Quote:
IV.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that respondent shall offer Eligible Purchasers a check or credit for twenty-five dollars ($25) or the alternative of a voucher (or entitlement) for merchandise, video games, and/or services with a retail value of fifty dollars ($50) or more. Respondent shall provide such redress to Eligible Purchasers as follows:

A. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall provide a notice, via email, to each Eligible Purchaser whom it can reasonably identify. Respondent shall send the notice to the current or last known email address for each such Eligible Purchaser. The electronic notice shall be in the form set out in Appendix A. The subject line of the email required by this subpart shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.” No additional information, other than that described in subpart IV. D. of this order, shall be included in or added to the notice (Appendix A) required by this subpar

B. Within five (5) days after the date of service of this order, respondent shall post a notice on its website informing Eligible Purchasers who were not provided with the notice described in subpart IV.A. above, how they can obtain redress. A prominent link to this notice shall be posted on the
first page of the PlayStation Vita section of its website, and shall read “Important: Sony Computer Entertainment America offering money back or merchandise to certain purchasers of PlayStation Vita.”
This notice shall include access, by way of a link or other means, to a form set out in Appendix B to this order, asking these consumers to provide sufficient credible evidence that they qualify as Eligible Purchasers.

C. Respondent shall honor requests for redress from Eligible Purchasers who submit the appropriate forms, pursuant to subparts IV.A. or IV. B., within ninety (90) days after the date of service of this order (“Redress Period”). The period for fulfillment of redress requests is set forth in subpart IV.E. of this order.
Sony has 5days to get the info on their website, not sure if it is there now, but check back in 5days to be sure. You'll have 85days left then to claim if you have not received an email from them at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I just want to know how they came up with the date.
I am guessing that was the date the ads in question were pulled or stopped
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
AeroK AeroK is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
AeroK's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
DFW TX
34
1020
136
1
Default

Got mine at launch through Amazon.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
cajmoyper cajmoyper is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
cajmoyper's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX
8
182
Default

I too should be getting this settlement cash. But I haven't received an e-mail or anything yet. I got the Little Deviants launch bundle the week it came out. What gives Sony? Get your shizz together. If not...oh well. I'm with dude who doesn't even feel I got slighted. Great system either way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:15 AM   #11
Carlanga Carlanga is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Carlanga's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
I live where you vacation
4
575
62
306
394
388
1
77
Default

Umm interesting I wonder how will they know? Prob by activation dates would be my guess.

Seems the $50 voucher has predetermined goodies, wonder if they are really worth it. The other option is taking cash or PSN credit for $25.

IMO they should just send all affected parties a 64gb card.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:13 AM.