Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$34.84

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.47
7 hrs ago
Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 03-24-2014, 11:15 PM   #41
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt S View Post
Can someone here explain the point of remote play? I am confused as the practical nature of the whole thing. Doesn' the PS4 need to be on for remote play to work?

If that is the case, then why not just play on the actual system? What's the appeal?

Did try this on the Infamous second son, but again PS4 has to be on...?
Two things:
1 - TV with the PS4 is tied up (kids, wife, etc) and you still want to play or you want to play in a different room (my PS4 is in the living room and I remote play in the bedroom)

2 - If you set it on standby, you can activate it outside the house and play "on the go". I plan to continue working on Second Son and clearing out the districts over lunches at work this week from my WiFi hotspot.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

I finally got (internet) remote play (away from home) to work!!!

I was starting to worry I got a defective Vita since it could never update in 1 go. It would always time out at least 5x and I would have to restart and resume the update.

Last edited by Psybits; 12-02-2014 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:29 PM   #43

Jul 2009
Ridge, NY
Thumbs up

Just got the PS4 and I have to say I'm very happy with the Remote Play. Got it to work pretty smoothly as well. Now when the kids or the wife take over the tv, I can continue to play, right now KillZone. Looks great on the Vita as well!
Old 12-02-2014, 01:30 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

May 2009
Chicago

Remote Play is unbelievable in it's concept and execution. I was blown away the first time I saw Shadow Fall and Black Flag displayed on the Vita. The main issue that is holding RP back from really taking off is the Vita hardware itself. The Vita's lack of L2/R2 buttons make most newer games (which heavily use L2/R2) clumsy and non responsive, as the back sensors basically suck and are not reliable for fast paced gaming.

I still don't understand why they didn't make the Vita have all 4 shoulder buttons. It falls into the long list of bad decisions Sony makes along with things like proprietary UMD or not have dual analog sticks.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
NH

Does anyone know a work around for ATT blocking PS4 remote play?
Old 02-02-2015, 05:59 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatejas View Post
Does anyone know a work around for ATT blocking PS4 remote play?
how are they blocking it?
Old 02-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #47
Power Member

May 2007
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
how are they blocking it?
You have to be on WiFi. T-Mobile is the same. There's a way to download a version of the app by side loading that allows you to use your cellular network. The functionality of the app is exactly the same. I just don't know the forum rules to good so I don't want to post links or anything. But I've used it on my Z3. Supposedly it works on any android phone with kit Kat I think.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

I have seen several videos of people using their phone's mobile/personal hotspot to remote play, is that different.

As far as forum rules, as long as it is not pirating or illegal, it is okay to discuss.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #49
Power Member

May 2007
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike79 View Post
You have to be on WiFi. T-Mobile is the same. There's a way to download a version of the app by side loading that allows you to use your cellular network. The functionality of the app is exactly the same. I just don't know the forum rules to good so I don't want to post links or anything. But I've used it on my Z3. Supposedly it works on any android phone with kit Kat I think.
I'm not really sure what the rules are regarding that. I don't think it would violate or anything but I don't know. If your using your phone as a hotspot it'll work. I think maybe we are talking about different things. I was talking about on a phone not the vita. I do use my phone as hotspot for my vita for PlayStation now and it works better than remote play. But I've used my phone as a hotspot for both.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:17 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
NH

My wife's verizon hot spot provides connection. My att hot spot gives an error when trying.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatejas View Post
My wife's verizon hot spot provides connection. My att hot spot gives an error when trying.
are other devices able to connect to your ATT hotspot? if so are you able to check the connection speed? vs your wife's
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable