Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$34.84

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$23.97

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 11-27-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Digital PSP sales to end in 2016

Sony’s first handheld is being removed from the PlayStation Store in Japan on March 31st 2016, the platform holder has announced.

The UMD Passport service, which allowed players to pay a small fee to convert their physical games into a digital version, is being retired on the same date.

Owners of the portable system will still be able to download their already purchased content on PS3, Vita, PC or mobile and transfer it across.

The move follows the end of production of the PSP in Japan last year.

Of course, the digital purge means the effective death of the UMD drive-less PSP Go (pictured), while standard PSP owners will still be able to purchase pre-owned boxed software – if they can find it.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/digit...n-2016/0159713
Old 11-27-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I'm a bit confused. This is just on the PSP device right? They're not nuking the ability to buy PSP games on the web and Vita storefronts are they?
Old 11-28-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I'm a bit confused. This is just on the PSP device right? They're not nuking the ability to buy PSP games on the web and Vita storefronts are they?
No they're not going that far. This is just about like how with Japan, if you have a physical copy, you can register it for a download version for a discount (Sony didn't do that for the rest of the world) and after March 31st, Japanese people will no longer be able to do that since their Japanese PSP PSN Store is shutting down and that UMD Passport service is going with it.

I think the American and European PSP PSN Stores are still ok, though my PSP died some time ago and while I would like to play my physical PSP games especially the ones that never showed up on the PSN Store, I think it's going to be quite some time before I get around to getting my PSP fixed. Plus now I have a PS Vita that I can play PSP and PS Vita games on.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable