Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$32.78

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.11

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 10-25-2015, 02:44 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2012
Default Buy a PS Vita for Uncharted and Killzone?

I am a pretty casual gamer and like Uncharted, Killzone, MGS, Call of Duty, and superhero games.

I read the other day that Sony bailed on the Vita and it got me wondering whether there was good titles to play on that platform.

I haven't owned a portable game system since the GameBoy color.

From the looks of it the only games I see that would be of any interest to me is Uncharted Golden Abyss, Killzone Mercenary and perhaps that Call of Duty title.

Thoughts?
Old 10-25-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

I don't know about Call Of Duty, but Uncharted and Killzone are really fun and look amazing.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Call of Duty is underwhelming, and that's being nice, on the Vita. Way too short development cycle hurt the quality of the game.

Unit 13 and Killzone are really well done.

But Sony has dropped first party support so while third party games will still happen, they are few and far between in the US.

Unless you can get one for under $150, don't even bother.

And if you can... Gravity Rush, Borderlands 2, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Mortal Kombat really show what the Vita can do. Too bad, no one else wanted to push it to it's limits like 3DS games.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

If you like superheroes, it does have stuff like Batman and Spider-man. But heard that it's better playing those on consoles like PS3 and PS4. A bunch of Lego games with those kinds of characters too(most Marvel but does have at least Lego Batman for DC fans with Blackgate and Injustice). Assassin's Creed is also on Vita but was later ported to PS3. Can't remember if the PSP game got released on the PSN Store or not. If so, then there's that too since most PSP games on the PSN Store are Vita compatible. Just no trophies or updated graphics.

Though my kind of games for Vita are the more niche games from Japan when they get localized. Though would like to import some that I don't think have a chance of being localized.

Last edited by MOONPHASE; 10-26-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Killzone Mercenary is really good, it replaced Counter Strike Global Offensive as my go-to daily game (at least for now)

I never played a Killzone game btw, and I only gave this a chance because it was free on ps plus
Old 12-02-2015, 06:30 AM   #6

Jan 2009
Default Both are great

Uncharted is really good on the vita, and killzone is great as well, I would recommend them both, especially uncharted.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable