Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$36.16
8 hrs ago
Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$25.58

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 12-22-2018, 05:44 AM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California
Default Remaining Limited Run Games Vita Titles On Hold - Cartridge Shortage

Quote:
Limited Run Games is known for releasing physical copies of indie and niche titles, with the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita getting a lot of attention. However, some of those PlayStation Vita projects are now on hold. Josh Fairhurst, owner of the company, announced on Twitter that over 10 games have been placed on the backburner.

As mentioned back in May 2018, Sony will be ending production of PlayStation Vita game cartridges by the end of the fiscal year 2018 in March 2019. This is the reason Limited Run Games PlayStation Vita titles is being placed on hold. Fairhurst noted that the company’s allotment is not what the company expected.

Here is Fairhurst’s official statement.

Having to do something I hate doing today - our remaining Vita cartridge allotment with Sony is far lower than we expected. We are being forced to put a pretty large swath of releases (over 10) on hold unless another publisher gives us some of their allotment.

In a follow-up tweet, Fairhurst noted that the company could save about eight more of its planned PlayStation Vita releases if it had about 20,000 more cartridges.

Some of the Limited Run Games PlayStation Vita releases include Rainbow Moon, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Lone Survivor, and Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics. Fairhurst did not name any of the PlayStation Vita projects that are now on hold.
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/21...eases-on-hold/
Old 12-23-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
Banned

Dec 2018
new mexico

i still use my vita tv and i wanna buy vita slim but its too much money right now. i ropped my og 3g vita on a carpet and the screen went black. I could still swipe and start apps but i couldnt see anything. called sony and they wanted almost 200 to repair WHICH REALLY means refurbished garbage.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscardacouch View Post
i still use my vita tv and i wanna buy vita slim but its too much money right now. i ropped my og 3g vita on a carpet and the screen went black. I could still swipe and start apps but i couldnt see anything. called sony and they wanted almost 200 to repair WHICH REALLY means refurbished garbage.
I could somewhat understand if it was $100 but not $200. You can get a used one at GameStop for $130 which is a hell of a lot better than $200. $200 and I would ask is it a new copy?
Old 01-28-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

More Cartridges Means Quite A Few More Vita Titles But Some Missed Their Deadline. Some Titles Get A Higher Print.

Quote:
Back in December 2018, Limited Run Games announced it would have to put over 10 PlayStation Vita releases it had planned on hold, due to the company not having enough physical cartridges to make the games happen. Now, Josh Fairhurst, the company’s owner, has revealed on Twitter that the company has managed to get enough cartridges to make most of the projects happen. This means that there will end up being 100 Limited Run Games PlayStation Vita releases and some games will have a higher print run.

Good news - we managed to get enough Vita carts allocated to bring back most of the projects we put on hold! Unfortunately, there are still some killer titles which didn't happen because of contracts taking too long. That's a story for another time.

One of the games that will have a higher print run in particular is Super Meat Boy. In the chain of tweets, Fairhurst revealed that before getting more PlayStation Vita cartridges, there were going to only be 2,000 made and sold on Limited Run Games. He also confirmed that physical copies of The House in Fata Morgana is still coming to the platform. Unfortunately, he said that Night Cry, which will make its debut on January 31, 2019, is is not an option as a possible upcoming Limited Run games title, due to the product submission cutoff having been back in June 2018.

Fairhurst noted that Limited Run Games will be ordering “about 25 games simultaneously in the next two weeks to hit the final order deadline.” He also estimated that the games being ordered could end up being released “in August or September.”
https://www.siliconera.com/2019/01/2...ng-more-carts/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Tags
cartridge, games, limited run, shortage, vita