Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.26

Prototype 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The LEGO Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.92
2 hrs ago
Dino King 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.49

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.92

Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #1

May 2010
Knoxville, TN
Default MVC to anaglyph conversion?

Is there a reliable source that can help you convert your Blu-ray 3D titles to anaglyph 3D if you only have a 2D TV or 2D Blu-ray player?
Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011
Brisbane, Australia

Got a PC? Cyberlink PowerDVD 11 Ultra will do this. Plus it into your TV and away you go!
Old 05-12-2016, 01:56 AM   #3

Nov 2015
Question Can anyone recommend a good 2D-to-3D converter program? powerdvd?

Look, i don't mean to...uh, cheat i guess *and this is NOT something i'm proud of* , but for the first time ever in my life, i've lost patience with Lucasfilm and Disney!!! Grrr!

I caved in and bought the 'Standard' Edition of Star Wars Ep.7, and this was KNOWING i really wanted the 'Ultimate 3D Edition'! So, everyone tells me to wait...i should wait til the end of the year. THATS when its coming out...but i can't find one official statement from Disney about their Star Wars 3D plans.

So should i just give up, and convert my digital copy into a 3D one with some outside program? Are there good ones you guys can recommend. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:00 AM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCat View Post
Look, i don't mean to...uh, cheat i guess *and this is NOT something i'm proud of* , but for the first time ever in my life, i've lost patience with Lucasfilm and Disney!!! Grrr!

I caved in and bought the 'Standard' Edition of Star Wars Ep.7, and this was KNOWING i really wanted the 'Ultimate 3D Edition'! So, everyone tells me to wait...i should wait til the end of the year. THATS when its coming out...but i can't find one official statement from Disney about their Star Wars 3D plans.

So should i just give up, and convert my digital copy into a 3D one with some outside program? Are there good ones you guys can recommend. Thanks in advance.
It stinks that Disney delayed the 3D version, I agree.

Though I don't have any recommendations for a 3D converter, the question will be, will an auto conversion of 3D be as satisfying as the medium and sometimes strong 3D layering and occasional pop out in the manually converted theatrical version by StereoD? No. Patience will be the key.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:22 AM   #5

Nov 2015

Quote from Zivouhr:
"It stinks that Disney delayed the 3D version, I agree.*

Though I don't have any recommendations for a 3D converter, the question will be, will an auto conversion of 3D be as satisfying as the medium and sometimes strong 3D layering and occasional pop out in the manually converted theatrical version by StereoD? No. Patience will be the key."

And the worst thing is, i know you're RIGHT I once saw a homemade SBS conversion of IronMan 3 on Youtube, so i streamed it directly to my 3DTV using the PS3 and youtube app....BOY did it look SHITTY!! D: My eyes bled that night. Everything was outta place as far as what should be in the foreground and background.

...then you see 3D done right, like in the Hobbit Trilogy ^_^
Old 05-12-2016, 02:44 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

I agree, auto conversions are interesting experiments, but can't compare to manually converted strong 3D from the professional studios. Pacific Rim 3D being a great example of a great conversion.

I can't wait to see Star Wars VII again on blu ray 3D if Lucasfilm delivers it by December 2016 as they suggested. In the meantime, I'm focusing on all of the other promising 3D releases on the way this summer and on blu ray 3D.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #7
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2013

The 3D conversion on my LG works pretty well, but I didn't try that on Episode 7 because I'm hoping to still get a real 3D disc.

But I would convert something like the first Star Trek movie before rolling into the second one.

Don't know much about digital copy, I guess you can only watch that on a PC or tablet.

Last edited by Frank@Chicago; 05-13-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Omaha NE
-
-
-

I have used Sony Vegas Movie Studio, which I purchased to transfer my HD home movies to Blu-ray. It has a 3D function which can convert video. You have the option of doing side by side, top bottom, anaglyph and even MVC. I did about a 15 minute clip and burned it to re-writable disk. It didn't look too bad. It lets you play with the parallax before you render it. If you look on youtube there are tutorials on how to do it. You can get Movie Studio on Amazon for around $70, I paid $100 at the time, but i believe this is an older version, not the latest.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:19 PM   #9

Jun 2016
South Dakota
Question Does anyone use powerdvd to convert 2D to 3D?

I've used it a few times for a handful of 2D titles. I was just curious if anyone else has and what their thoughts are.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008

I tried it a few times, thought it looked just as awful as... well, all automatic 2D-3D.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (10-18-2017)
Old 10-21-2019, 11:03 PM   #11

Jun 2011

I have Mediashow 6 from Cyberlink on my Dell laptop. The progress bar time counter on it will on one video file after counting backwards will then keep counting forwards. Usually stopping at 5--78% convrerting the video file.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology