Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96
12 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
The Vanishing (Blu-ray)
$6.96
4 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Queen & Slim 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
8 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Conventions and Events


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
scwilli1 scwilli1 is offline
Special Member
 
scwilli1's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
United States
94
1280
34
17
5
Default John Carpenter Con Appearences

I have an original poster for Halloween with the blue ratings box that I am dying to get signed. Are there any upcoming weekend conventions with him signing autographs? I keep checking the big ones light Texas Frightmare and Monsterpalooza, but no luck
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
RodChester RodChester is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
RodChester's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
Illinois
63
177
2702
141
95
Default

I don’t believe he does con appearances. I have read that he is very good about signing things that are mailed to his production office though. However, I’m not sure that would be the smartest thing to do with your poster.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ronboster (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #3
ronboster ronboster is offline
Power Member
 
ronboster's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwilli1 View Post
I have an original poster for Halloween with the blue ratings box that I am dying to get signed. Are there any upcoming weekend conventions with him signing autographs? I keep checking the big ones light Texas Frightmare and Monsterpalooza, but no luck
He toured in the past... performing his soundtracks:

https://theofficialjohncarpenter.com/tour/
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:33 AM   #4
Michael24 Michael24 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
California
331
223
2
Default

Keep an eye on his social media. (Even if you don't have an account with any of these services you can still view his pages.) They post whenever he's going to be appearing somewhere. He did some comic conventions last year for Storm King Comics, although you have to look closely because sometimes he's actually not appearing and just his wife is. Hope you can eventually see him somewhere to get that poster signed.

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 11:55 PM   #5
scwilli1 scwilli1 is offline
Special Member
 
scwilli1's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
United States
94
1280
34
17
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
Keep an eye on his social media. (Even if you don't have an account with any of these services you can still view his pages.) They post whenever he's going to be appearing somewhere. He did some comic conventions last year for Storm King Comics, although you have to look closely because sometimes he's actually not appearing and just his wife is. Hope you can eventually see him somewhere to get that poster signed.

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter
Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Michael24 (01-19-2020)
Old 01-19-2020, 04:00 AM   #6
Britbuffguy Britbuffguy is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Britbuffguy's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
Madison, WI
3
1043
43
50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodChester View Post
I donít believe he does con appearances. I have read that he is very good about signing things that are mailed to his production office though. However, Iím not sure that would be the smartest thing to do with your poster.
He has done conventions in the past, but not for a few years now.

Dude even had a heart attack at a con, spent Saturday night in the hospital and came back to meet fans on Sunday. Forget what show that was, somewhere in the South.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Evil (01-23-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
Kinsella5 Kinsella5 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Kinsella5's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum
4
116
Default

As others have been pointed out he has done convention appearances in the past, some comic book cons but also horror-related cons too. He has toured with his sons, and generally they offer a VIP package where you can meet him, or you can take a chance and wait until after the show, as he sometimes will sign for fans outside while he waits for his ride to his hotel.

A site you can check that is pretty good about listing when/where there will be signings is here:

http://www.conventionscene.com/sched...ndappearances/
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:32 AM   #8
deltatauhobbit deltatauhobbit is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
deltatauhobbit's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
Maine, USA
22
18
2886
207
381
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5 View Post
As others have been pointed out he has done convention appearances in the past, some comic book cons but also horror-related cons too. He has toured with his sons, and generally they offer a VIP package where you can meet him, or you can take a chance and wait until after the show, as he sometimes will sign for fans outside while he waits for his ride to his hotel.

A site you can check that is pretty good about listing when/where there will be signings is here:

http://www.conventionscene.com/sched...ndappearances/
I was fortunate to get a VIP ticket when his band toured nearby. He signed two items and you got a photo with him. There were several other items that came pre-signed that you could buy too. I ended up having like 5 signatures from him and went slightly broke doing it haha.

Really wish they would go back on tour; it was a good concert and I have more items I want autographed .
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Conventions and Events

Tags
con, convention, halloween, horror, john carpenter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:22 PM.