Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49
1 hr ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Danger: Diabolik (Blu-ray)
$24.96
14 hrs ago
The Superman Motion Picture Anthology (Blu-ray)
$57.70
1 hr ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Six Moral Tales (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

First Reformed (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 01-24-2020, 09:01 PM   #14761
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Mostly a bust for me over my five closest stores. Solar lights galore.

One store was fully stocked upfront though...with everything from previous waves and nothing from this one.

Still, I got a few things...

All from previous waves!

Blu-ray

- Some Kind of Hate

DVDs

- Best of Naked City
- The Green Butchers
- Prototype
- There's a Stranger in My House / Man of her Dreams (Stage Plays)
- The Year Dolly Parton Was My Mom

I'm not sure if I have Some Kind of Hate and Naked City already, but if I do, that's okay because I need spare cases anyway.

Thankfully, my trip to the library more than made up for it!

I found
[Show spoiler]Seasons 2-5 of Babylon 5 (I already have Season 1, and I already have them all on VUDU, but these sets have extras). It's like these were there waiting specifically and magically for me, because the one season I already have wasn't part of this lot!)

$2 for the whole lot, and I think I grabbed another movie too!

Last edited by DaBargainHunta; 01-24-2020 at 09:11 PM.
Thanks given by:
Sandersobsessed (01-25-2020), Spootnek (01-24-2020), Strapped4Cash (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 09:14 PM   #14762
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas_King View Post
Only thing I remember from The Reader was this epicness:
All I remember was Kate Winslet's noooooooooooooooooooooooodity.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:15 PM   #14763

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
Bought two of the Lego movies for the Nightwing mini figure and only one of the sets had the figure.
Was the shrink wrap on it?
Could be someone previously bought it took out the Lego Polybag, rewrapped it and exchanged it.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:43 PM   #14764
Special Member

Dec 2017

I've walked out with 2-3 bags of movies per store (I hit 3 -- 1 earlier in the week and 2 today, and there's a 4th one that still hasn't put their damn movies out as of today).

I'm being lazy loool but I found a lot. I'll take pictures either in a bit or later today. A lot of titles only had single copies for the blus aside from Spies of Warsaw. That was the one title I saw at every store in a surplus
Thanks given by:
Sandersobsessed (01-25-2020), Spootnek (01-24-2020), TheBluRayBandito (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 09:48 PM   #14765
Special Member

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Despite issues with most of the stores, I scored big. First 2 stores I spent over 20 bucks. 3 stores didn’t have anything. 2 stores just put out the holiday stock leftovers. And 2 stores just mixed the leftovers with a few boxes of new stuff.

I’ll post pics later, but I don’t think there’s anything new to report. West is getting sloppy seconds from previous waves in other time zones.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:57 PM   #14766

Dec 2012

I stopped by a location today.
New movies in the IOTW bin up front. 1/3 filled. The other portion of the bin was solar lights. Electronics Aisle had stuff from the previous wave. No special endcap anywhere.
I did pick up some titles:

Blus:

Copper Season One
The Reader
The Thompsons (was not shrink wrapped but still had security seal on top).
Terminator 3
Planet Ocean

DVDs:
Bill Cosby Show Season One
Here's Johnny Carson (2 disc box set)
And Over
Superman DC Comics Triple Feature
Ingrid Goes West
Sharknado 2
Stream
Death Race 2050
Baja
Revenge of Robert

I plan to stop by anther location (or two) tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
PaulMe (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:17 PM   #14767
Special Member

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Next week I'll harass the stores that didn't put anything out. There were a few "loose" titles I saw at some stores, so I'm curious to see if I'll find any others.
Thanks given by:
craigpb (01-25-2020), PaulMe (01-25-2020), slowdive (01-24-2020), Spootnek (01-25-2020), wnicholas76 (01-26-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #14768

Oct 2018

Went to two stores in NYC I’d never been to this afternoon and woooooof. First one was a disaster. I’ve seen my share of messy Dollar Trees, but this looked like it was actively being looted. Solar lights in the IOTW bin; not a single movie anywhere in the store.

The second store had a bunch of movies in the IOTW bin up front, but it was 95% DVDs. The few blus I saw were the Monkey King and some of the Hunger Games. Didn’t buy anything.

Spent the trip back wondering why the hell I do this. This hobby is a strange one. Always chasing the rush I got with my Black Friday Dollar Tree haul.
Thanks given by:
p w (01-25-2020), Spootnek (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:30 PM   #14769
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2016
Virginia, U.S.A.

Compared to the last haul, I got nothing. I did pick up a few things
The Thompsons
A few BBC Earth documentaries
Spies of Warsaw
7 Splinters in time
Fourth Kind
An Actor Prepares
Water Diviner

I also picked up Captain America/Captain America II: Gone too Soon on DVD
Thanks given by:
Spootnek (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 10:36 PM   #14770
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Hit up the five Madison stores on my usual path, but Pickens are very slim here, where most of them only have the IOTW display half full. Not a lot of blus at all. One more on .y way home, then a few tomorrow when I hit up a road trip to a theater still showing JoJo Rabbit.

I did jump in a comic book store and finally found the Valkyrie Marvel Legs D's figure I've been hunting for for months.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:53 PM   #14771

Sep 2012
Minnesota

Only stopped at only 2 stores today as my wife and I were out on a lunch date. First store had nothing new, just the old tear open boxes from the last wave.

Second store though had the new wave; these were still on the end cap with a few of the old tear open boxes, but the new stuff was loose on the shelves. Whomever shelved it had stacked all the blu-rays together, which was pretty sweet. The deal of the week was still solar lights.

I picked up:

Blu-ray:

Arcadia
Focus**
The Gallows (with slip)**
Her**
Inherent Vice**
Journey to Space
The Resident
Run All Night**
SS GB
Sinbad First Season (with slip)
Sleight**
TMNT
The Thompsons

** had digital codes but have not checked them

DVDs:

The Three Stooges (6 disc set with book)
Scooby-Doo Alien Invaders/Zombie Island (a flipper )

Not bad but boy those Warner titles are all eco cases. Usually at least the dollar buys a nice case.

Also saw but did not buy 300, 300 3D sequel, 2 Twilight sequels with slips (Canadian I think), Don't Kill It (which I almost bought again because I like it so much), The Howard Lovecraft cartoon (which I really really hate so didn't buy), and a handful more of really marginal titles I forget.

Hope to go out tomorrow for a few more stores.
Thanks given by:
Spootnek (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 11:01 PM   #14772
Expert Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
- There's a Stranger in My House / Man of her Dreams (Stage Plays)
This is one I sort of regret not buying from the last wave
Old 01-24-2020, 11:16 PM   #14773
Expert Member

Jan 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputation View Post
I've walked out with 2-3 bags of movies per store (I hit 3 -- 1 earlier in the week and 2 today, and there's a 4th one that still hasn't put their damn movies out as of today).

I'm being lazy loool but I found a lot. I'll take pictures either in a bit or later today. A lot of titles only had single copies for the blus aside from Spies of Warsaw. That was the one title I saw at every store in a surplus
Spies of Warsaw hasnít shown up around here so far. Iíve checked 8-9 stores so far.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:16 PM   #14774

Sep 2019

Hit 5 stores. My local didn't have them out yet so the manager went in the back and pulled out 3 boxes. Not much in them. Several stores only got 2-3 boxes and they were all the same assortments.

The final store didn't have them out, so I asked the guy working there about them. He told me they got some on the truck and I asked if I could take a look at them and he went in the back and brought some out. He came out with two boxes and I thanked him and he said "there's more". 12 boxes total and he opened them in front of me! Unfortunately they are a lot of the same assortments I've been seeing, but I did pick up some doubles for my family or for trade. Pics one I get them sorted. I was excited to report the 3 stooges set, but bandito beat me to it.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:20 PM   #14775
Special Member

Nov 2017
City of Angels

I wasn't expecting so many combo packs. It's mostly WB titles.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:35 PM   #14776
Special Member

Nov 2017
City of Angels

Does the Copper digital work? I remember seeing some posts saying it doesn't redeem on a site.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #14777

Sep 2019

Because $1 movies are my weakness, I've figured out a route that lets me hit 8 Dollar Tree stores in a somewhat sensible (ha) fashion. Today's hunt wasn't all that great. The stores that had already put out stuff early didn't replenish as far as I can tell. A few of the stores still had solar lights as IOW and didn't put anything new out. Only two stores had a worthwhile selection.

My third stop of the day kinda put a damper on things. When I got there the front display was empty but there was an DT employee opening a box of movies just as I walked in the front door. Perfect timing, I thought.

Unfortunately, a few seconds later the employee got a phone call and disappeared for five minutes. I tried to kill time by perusing the old stock they had in Electronics but I was bored of seeing the same ol' same ol'. The employee returned only to get another call and ran off again. (If it makes any difference, I think the calls were work related.) I contemplated whether to wait (and open the boxes myself) but decided to go.

The next stop was less than two miles away. So after I was done there I called the previous store to ask if they put the movies out yet. By now I'm guessing half an hour had passed. The person on the line told me they had just put out their movies. So I drove back and yes, they had put out their movies... about two boxes worth. There were still about six more unopened boxes in a cart and on the floor. This time the employee was going back and forth from the boxes and the register. (The other employee was on a break.) So I tried to strike up a conversation, trying to find a way to see if I could maybe help speed the process along so I wouldn't have to spend all day at this store waiting for the boxes to be opened. I didn't want to be pushy because I know that this is their job and they always seemed undermanned.

Finally, the other employee came back from break and started opening boxes and I started going through everything. But there was nothing new that I was looking for. (One of the boxes turned out to be a Black Friday box.)

So, after all that, this is what I picked up:

Don't Kill It (BLU): Dolph Lundgren is the star power here, obviously. But when I found out that Mike Mendez directed it, I decided to pick it up since I liked a couple of his other movies.

The Scribbler (DVD): Pretty sure this was in the last wave, too. Anyways, this got a lot of negative reviews, but I saw it a while back on Netflix and remember thinking it was OK. Based on a graphic novel. Kind of a dark movie. Sasha Grey is in it for like a second, if I remember right.

In This Corner of the World (DVD): Japanese animated drama that I think is still on Netflix. Shout! Factory release. NOTE: I almost didn't get this because I thought it was a floater. It's showing up in a lot of different stores and I finally figured out that it has a little booklet inside and that's what's floating around in there, not the disc.

I almost bought the Captain America double feature because it reminds me of the old Spider-Man series from way back in the day, but I put it back. Captain America has never been my thing. The only Captain America I'm looking to add to the collection is the 1990 version directed by Albert Pyun, which I've always wanted to see.

Anyways, the only things I saw that were new to me were:

Forever Knight (DVD) box set: Had to look it up. It's a Canadian TV show about a vampire that works as a detective.

An Accidental Zombie Named Ted (BLU): Looks like a cheap knock-off of Warm Bodies, Burying the Ex, and Life After Beth.

Also, it might be different in your area, but it looks like stores are only getting one copy of Ingrid Goes West. At least that's what I think. So if you want it and see it you should probably grab it. I always see movies and go back for them later and they're gone.

Last edited by G_MOVIES; 01-24-2020 at 11:49 PM.
Thanks given by:
kingdoxie (01-25-2020), Spootnek (01-25-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 11:39 PM   #14778

Jan 2019

Today’s haul

Last edited by Sandersobsessed; 01-25-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Thanks given by:
craigpb (01-25-2020), PaulMe (01-25-2020), Spootnek (01-25-2020), TheBluRayBandito (01-24-2020)
Old 01-24-2020, 11:45 PM   #14779

Jul 2019

checked 8 stores and only bought movies from 3 of them (will post pics of what i bought tomorrow)

Store 1: Movies in IOTW bin, saw a few new titles that were not there the other day
Store 2: Solar Lights in IOTW bin, same stuff i saw the other day
Store 3: Valentines Cards in IOTW bin, same stuff i saw the other day

had to go pick up some stuff from an online auction, so i was able to go to 5 more stores that i usually don't go to.

Store 4: Movies in IOTW bin, grabbed 3 titles
Store 5: Movies in IOTW bin, grabbed 3 titles
Store 6: Solar Lights in IOTW bin, leftovers from black friday in electronics
Store 7: Solar Lights in IOTW bin, all the new stuff was in electronics
Store 8: Movies in IOTW bin, grabbed 8 titles

might head back to Store 2 tomorrow, to see if they put them out
Old 01-24-2020, 11:46 PM   #14780

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandersobsessed View Post
Are you kidding me? Community and Revolution are showing up?! I already own all the community DVDs, but that is great that they are in the rotation. I'll have to find revolution.

Last edited by slowdive; 01-24-2020 at 11:56 PM.
Thanks given by:
Sandersobsessed (01-25-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals