Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$32.78

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$26.63

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 11-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

The 3G model with GPS and cell tower positioning in addition to WiFi hotspot positioning will keep track of your position better and in more places, yes.

It's as you say, ultimately for connecting with local players but you can also rate your games, choose the three most applicable moods/emotions you had playing that game with stats on what other people voted. You can see how many people have been playing what games and leave gifts in a location for other players to pick up. The gift data is stored on PSN so you don't need to physically pass people in the street to transfer data, you just need to have walked the same path at some point.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #22
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Anyone know the range for Near? Just how far away can we see/interact with other users?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
Special Member

May 2010
Turn around. Very slowly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlad View Post
Anyone know the range for Near? Just how far away can we see/interact with other users?
I've seen the range adjust to how close people live near me but do not know the limits. It has shown me people living outside of 7 miles from my location and as close as 1/2 a mile. As the days are getting closer to official launch, I'm seeing that my radius is shrinking because more people are popping up.

Last edited by PirateBooty; 02-21-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: missing some letters
Old 02-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #24
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Cool, thanks.. I think you answered a question like this for me before! Oops!

I donít know anyone getting a Vita.. But with this, I might see that my neighbours have one! Neat!
Old 02-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #25

Aug 2008
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Mike View Post
I just placed my pre-order and looking to sell my PSP GO.
If you haven't sold your PSP GO yet Best Buy is doing trade in's on them for BB gift cards. I traded mine in this past weekend and got a $70 gift card.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Can anyone speak to how Near works with a wireless hotspot. With a 4G verizon Gnex and grandfathered unlimited data I couldn't justify a 3G version just for GPS - but I'm wondering how precise Near will be if the WiFi it's hitting is my phone as a mobile hotspot.

Seems like if you are using WiFi that actually has GPS this kinda stuff would take advantage of that, but I've learned to set my expectations low.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #27

May 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Kid View Post
Can anyone speak to how Near works with a wireless hotspot. With a 4G verizon Gnex and grandfathered unlimited data I couldn't justify a 3G version just for GPS - but I'm wondering how precise Near will be if the WiFi it's hitting is my phone as a mobile hotspot.

Seems like if you are using WiFi that actually has GPS this kinda stuff would take advantage of that, but I've learned to set my expectations low.
It kinda varies for me, but when I'm at home on my wireless network, its pretty damn close, like outside my door close. Other spots I've been to with my mobile wi-fi hotspot have been within a couple hundred meters.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #28
The Busey

Apr 2008
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevfree View Post
If you haven't sold your PSP GO yet Best Buy is doing trade in's on them for BB gift cards. I traded mine in this past weekend and got a $70 gift card.
Actually traded it in to Amazon for $91.95 on October 23, 2011.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by garlad View Post
I'm seeing between 2-10 miles in general.

Thanks for the pool cue though. First item that came up for me in discoveries was a Hustle Kings Pool Cue from you.

Which leads to a question - if you get a discovery with an expiration date, should you always pick it up or does that effect others potential access? I don't have Hustle Kings (yet) but I'd hate to grab something for a game I might get and deny it to someone who actually has it.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #30
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2011
On my sofa

Need two trophies on Most wanted, wreck a friend and play a custom speedlist, anyone wanna help a guy out?

Cheers...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable