Best Wii Game Deals


Best Wii Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
EA Sports Active 2 (Wii)
$39.99
 
Phantom Brave We Meet Again (Wii)
$28.00
 
Astro Boy: The Video Game (Wii)
$17.43
 
Beyblade Metal Fusion: Battle Fortress (Wii)
$29.99
 
Horse Life Adventures (Wii)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #21
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
Same, that's what put me off m wii
Ya, it really depresses me looking at the Wii game shelf at retail stores and seeing 80%+ shovelware crap with a small number of quality first party games mixed in. That trend is only going to continue as Wii owners (mostly moms buying games for their kids) keep grabbing up millions of copies of garbage like Carnival Games and Deca Sports and ignoring quality third party titles like Mad World and No More Heroes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
serpheus serpheus is offline
Senior Member
 
serpheus's Avatar
 
Mar 2010
Rep of Ireland
88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I'm probably alone here but I always considered Mario 64 to be a badly overrated game. A good game? Definately. But I rank it near the bottom of the main console Super Mario games.
Sorry but Mario 64 is gaming perfection. I'm looking forward to the new Mario Galaxy game and hopefully it can live up to the first one which won tonnes of game of the year awards and rightfully so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #23
master_8ball master_8ball is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
master_8ball's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Ontario, Canada
19
675
7
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Ya, it really depresses me looking at the Wii game shelf at retail stores and seeing 80%+ shovelware crap with a small number of quality first party games mixed in. That trend is only going to continue as Wii owners (mostly moms buying games for their kids) keep grabbing up millions of copies of garbage like Carnival Games and Deca Sports and ignoring quality third party titles like Mad World and No More Heroes.
Never heard of this one, just read some reviews and it sounds great, thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #24
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
233
915
1
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I'm probably alone here but I always considered Mario 64 to be a badly overrated game. A good game? Definately. But I rank it near the bottom of the main console Super Mario games.

I dont agree with that but some people do have it higher on the Super Mario list then I do. As u can see from my Mario rankings on an earlier post in here I had like 7th out of the franchise. Still a great game but there definite better Mario titles including Super Mario Galaxy! Got Em!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by serpheus View Post
Sorry but Mario 64 is gaming perfection. I'm looking forward to the new Mario Galaxy game and hopefully it can live up to the first one which won tonnes of game of the year awards and rightfully so.

Im sure part 2 will be just as great! Man I cant wait!! Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #25
Gaius Marius Gaius Marius is offline
Power Member
 
Gaius Marius's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
17
585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
I never got all the stars. I always get enough to go see and whoop Bowsers but! Also how the hell did u get the stars on that purple coin collecting level. That seems impossible for the amount of time they give u. Got Em!!
It has been a while since I have played it, so I can't remember I remember some stars being a pain in the behind to get though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
I'm probably alone here but I always considered Mario 64 to be a badly overrated game. A good game? Definately. But I rank it near the bottom of the main console Super Mario games.
Mario 64 is tons of fun to me. Plus, maybe it is a bit of nostalgia for me as I really enjoyed playing it when it came out. I have it on the Wii VC, and it is still fun to play.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #26
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
233
915
1
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
It has been a while since I have played it, so I can't remember I remember some stars being a pain in the behind to get though.



Mario 64 is tons of fun to me. Plus, maybe it is a bit of nostalgia for me as I really enjoyed playing it when it came out. I have it on the Wii VC, and it is still fun to play.
Oh ok I got u. Yea man they have those levels where u have to collect all 100 purple coins in like 3 minutes time or so. Some of those were impossible to do. Haha!

I also need to go online and download me some old games as well including All the Mario games they have available. I plan to go back and beat each one in order again. That would be fun. Yo which is your favorite Super Mario adventure title anyway? Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #27
ChadFL ChadFL is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
ChadFL's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
556
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_8ball View Post
Never heard of this one, just read some reviews and it sounds great, thanks!
There are actually two games out in the series now. No More Heroes has been out a couple years I think and No More Heroes 2 came out earlier this year. Never played the second but the first game was great. Unfortunately sales for more mature audiences such as No More Heroes and Mad World don't do all that well on the Wii in sales. I'm not entirely sure why No More Heroes 2 was made exclusively for the Wii when the first game had somewhat poor sales. I would think that game would sell better on the PS3 and 360.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #28
Gaius Marius Gaius Marius is offline
Power Member
 
Gaius Marius's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
17
585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Oh ok I got u. Yea man they have those levels where u have to collect all 100 purple coins in like 3 minutes time or so. Some of those were impossible to do. Haha!

I also need to go online and download me some old games as well including All the Mario games they have available. I plan to go back and beat each one in order again. That would be fun. Yo which is your favorite Super Mario adventure title anyway? Got Em!!
No particular order, but my favorites:

Mario 64
Mario Galaxy
Mario 3
Mario World
Mario (original)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #29
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
233
915
1
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
No particular order, but my favorites:

Mario 64
Mario Galaxy
Mario 3
Mario World
Mario (original)
Naw man u have to put them in order. Make it fun plus I am curious of how u rate them. Also I dont see Super Mario 2 on that list? Did u not like that one? Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 AM   #30
BirdManJr BirdManJr is offline
Power Member
 
BirdManJr's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
3
Default

Yes mario galaxy 2 will most likely get a high review score and sell loads of copies & get many awards.

Wii just keeps winning!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #31
RudyC RudyC is offline
Special Member
 
RudyC's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Los Angeles
54
558
115
123
1
Default

i like how they are adding a lot od 2d mario game elements to galaxy 2...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:49 PM   #32
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
233
915
1
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyC View Post
i like how they are adding a lot od 2d mario game elements to galaxy 2...
I didnt even know that. Very nice. That kinda reminds me of Super Paper Mario. I liked that it was a 2D game with 3D elements at certain times. Very nice. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:40 AM   #33
jadedeath jadedeath is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
jadedeath's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_8ball View Post
Cool, I think I can get it pretty cheap used so I shall go try it out..

I enjoy the Wii but have had trouble finding good games that aren't all mini-games.
Super Mario Galaxy
Adventures of Link Twilight Princess
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Mario Kart Wii
The Lego games {Indy, Batman, etc.}

Those should keep you going for awhile.

Logan
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #34
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
233
915
1
74
Default

We are just under a week away fellas! I am getting hype as the days pass! I am so ready to go on anotha galaxy adventure! Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #35
Gaius Marius Gaius Marius is offline
Power Member
 
Gaius Marius's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
17
585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Naw man u have to put them in order. Make it fun plus I am curious of how u rate them. Also I dont see Super Mario 2 on that list? Did u not like that one? Got Em!!
Didn't care much for 2. It is hard for me to put them in order, as the order changes based on my mood! I like 64 and 3 the best, the rest is more arbitrary. They are all good though (even 2 )
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #36
brettallica brettallica is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
brettallica's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
51
79
6
Send a message via AIM to brettallica
Default

I still need to get the first Super Mario Galaxy! Mario is such an amazing franchise, and they always put out winners. Surely SMG2 will be no different.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #37
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
233
915
1
74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
Didn't care much for 2. It is hard for me to put them in order, as the order changes based on my mood! I like 64 and 3 the best, the rest is more arbitrary. They are all good though (even 2 )
I hear ya man. They are all great and I can see why the ranks could change. I know them all so well so I am able to form a consistent order however. Part 2 for the lil bad rap that it does get is only because it is completely different then the other Mario games and also because of the difficulty level But hey do we all want the games to be easy? Haha! I love part 2. Got Em!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
I still need to get the first Super Mario Galaxy! Mario is such an amazing franchise, and they always put out winners. Surely SMG2 will be no different.

Yea man I would recommend u get the first one first to atleast play a few level to get your handles down as this new one will continue from the first one and be a bit harder. Im sure it will be brilliant as the rest are! Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #38
jadedeath jadedeath is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
jadedeath's Avatar
 
Jun 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
I still need to get the first Super Mario Galaxy! Mario is such an amazing franchise, and they always put out winners. Surely SMG2 will be no different.
I agree with the above statement.

I've actually started playing the original Mario Galaxy in order to get some practice in for the new one.

Logan
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:17 AM   #39
liquidice liquidice is offline
Mad Scientist
 
liquidice's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Milwaukee
43
384
6
Default

anyone who has downloaded Mario 1, 2, or 3 on their Wii: is there a way to get the Wii to not stretch the image to widescreen?...or is the only defeat switching the tv to 4:3? If I set the widescreen setting in the Wii to 4:3, then everything else usually looks weird, so I have it set on 16:9.

Am I doing something wrong?...or is what I explained what everyone else doing.

Thanx.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #40
kefrank kefrank is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2008
60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidice View Post
anyone who has downloaded Mario 1, 2, or 3 on their Wii: is there a way to get the Wii to not stretch the image to widescreen?...or is the only defeat switching the tv to 4:3? If I set the widescreen setting in the Wii to 4:3, then everything else usually looks weird, so I have it set on 16:9.

Am I doing something wrong?...or is what I explained what everyone else doing.

Thanx.
You have to change your TV's settings to 4:3 mode. This is my biggest complaint with the Wii VC.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
"Trauma" Official Discussion Thread!! TV Shows CZAR 62 05-16-2010 03:05 AM
Did the Disc Design Change on Super Mario Galaxy? Gaming General Discussion The_Basterd 2 03-27-2010 04:35 PM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 AM.