Best Wii Game Deals

Best Wii Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
EA Sports Active 2 (Wii)
$39.99

Phantom Brave We Meet Again (Wii)
$29.99

Astro Boy: The Video Game (Wii)
$17.43

Beyblade Metal Fusion: Battle Fortress (Wii)
$29.99

Horse Life Adventures (Wii)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii

Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA
Default Nintendo Wii - Black- Bundled with Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort $199.00

Nintendo Wii - Black $199.99
Looks Smooth, I like it

Old 05-11-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

That's a kickarse deal right there. Could that be suggestive of something bigger? Perhaps a "clear the shelf space for the next generation Nintendo console" sort of move? One can dream...
Old 05-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #3
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Thornton, CO

Looks more like them trying to make Motion Plus standard with all new consoles...
Old 05-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
Looks more like them trying to make Motion Plus standard with all new consoles...
Could be. The Motion Plus is definitely a lot better than the original version motion-sensing technology.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
That's a kickarse deal right there. Could that be suggestive of something bigger? Perhaps a "clear the shelf space for the next generation Nintendo console" sort of move? One can dream...
I'm guessing no since this involves making more Wiis (the black ones).

Still not sure when I'm getting one for my home, but could be soon.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Sweet! I'm pretty sure Nintendo showed a bunch of colors prior to the console's launch as well. I'd love to see them all available.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Sweet! I'm pretty sure Nintendo showed a bunch of colors prior to the console's launch as well. I'd love to see them all available.
So long as they stick to colors and don't go the route of 'Pokemon wiis!' I'm good with it.

Logan
Old 05-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
Mad Scientist

Jun 2008
Milwaukee

just got an email from Target with the same deal and price. I was going to wait till they released a "high def" wii, but I might pull the trigger on this.

I more so want the Wii for the ability to download the original games, like the first 3 Mario's. The black will fit perfectly with my current gear. We'll see....
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

Is this Serendipity? I've waited more than a year to fix my Wii (which shouldn't have busted) because Nintendo wanted $75 to fix it. Unless my math is wonky, I get instant gratification and nearly the same value by buying again.

$199.99
-$75.00 (cost to repair)
$124.99
-$50.00 (additional controller/nunchuk)
$74.99
-$50.00 (Wii Sports Resort + Motion Plus)
$24.99

Bad math?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDog View Post
Is this Serendipity? I've waited more than a year to fix my Wii (which shouldn't have busted) because Nintendo wanted $75 to fix it. Unless my math is wonky, I get instant gratification and nearly the same value by buying again.

$199.99
-$75.00 (cost to repair)
$124.99
-$50.00 (additional controller/nunchuk)
$74.99
-$50.00 (Wii Sports Resort + Motion Plus)
$24.99

Bad math?
I'd say that's pretty good math.

Logan
Old 05-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

speaking of the Wii HD, is this just a rumor or is there an expected date?

I bought a Wii a long time ago, then got rid of it but kind of want one again to play some games with my boys. Wii HD is where I'm at if sometime this year.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #12
Special Member

Jul 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
speaking of the Wii HD, is this just a rumor or is there an expected date?
Just a rumor. Nintendo has officially denied it, which means that even if there's truth to the rumor, it almost certainly would not be released in 2010. If you're interested in some Wii games, I would jump on this bundle, because:
a) it's a really good price for all that you get
b) even just the included Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort will give you hours of fun, particularly with your family
c) it's very aesthetically pleasing in black
Old 05-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #13
Mad Scientist

Jun 2008
Milwaukee

I had read somewhere that an HD Wii shouldn't be expected till holiday 2011, or spring 2012. That is why I might just jump on this deal, and enjoy the system as it is for now.

Anyone know if you just use component cables to hook this up? Red/white/yellow?
Old 05-13-2010, 01:05 AM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Thornton, CO

The Wii HD is just a rumor, if you're waiting for it then you might as well mark it on you calender as the same day Christ returns... and even if they do make one in the future, do you think the games will all magically be HD all of a sudden? At best, if a Wii HD does come out, all it will do is upconvert all the games which aren't HD (ie, all of them), and how many developers do you think would even bother making Wii games in HD then, considering how much more expensive it is developing HD games compared to SD.

Anyway, yes, there are component cables for the Wii. My black Wii got here from Amazon today... it looks nice but the black finish is only going to make the dust it gathers that much more obvious.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:35 AM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Clarksville, Indiana

If i didn't already own a Wii I definitely get it. Would help to make all of my consoles the same color. At least for current gen.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #16
Mad Scientist

Jun 2008
Milwaukee

picked up at Best Buy, in black of course. Also got the component cable, a black charging base, extra controllers, and the New Super Mario Bros. Daughter has been playing almost non-stop. Love the look of the black unit. I'll put pics in my gallery soon.

Hookup was a cinch, cable management on the other hand had me busy for over an hour. Hopefully it's the last time I need to crawl behind my system.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2007
Guam

I just bought this uesterday. Looks so much better in black. Anyone notice the difference in the controllers? It rumbles more when you move icon to icon.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:12 AM   #18
Power Member

Mar 2008

Picked this up at best buy and got a extra black controller with motionplus..I have to say the controller feels better and looks better for some reason...I all around like the way it looks and matches my set up...coming with wii sports..and wii sports resort is a plus...199 is a great deal for all that you get..if you dont have a wii i would jump on this deal.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterX View Post
The Wii HD is just a rumor, if you're waiting for it then you might as well mark it on you calender as the same day Christ returns... and even if they do make one in the future, do you think the games will all magically be HD all of a sudden? At best, if a Wii HD does come out, all it will do is upconvert all the games which aren't HD (ie, all of them), and how many developers do you think would even bother making Wii games in HD then, considering how much more expensive it is developing HD games compared to SD.

Anyway, yes, there are component cables for the Wii. My black Wii got here from Amazon today... it looks nice but the black finish is only going to make the dust it gathers that much more obvious.
The only way I think that the Wii will be HD is if they make a Wii2 at some point in time for the future, IE it's Nintendo's next console, the only thing it'll do is still play Wii games if the Wii is any indication of their backwards compatibility.

I do have to give props to Nintendo for that though, it's almost entirely backwards compatible if they hurry up and get all the games on the virtua-console.

Logan
Old 05-19-2010, 03:49 AM   #20
Mad Scientist

Jun 2008
Milwaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedeath View Post

I do have to give props to Nintendo for that though, it's almost entirely backwards compatible if they hurry up and get all the games on the virtua-console.

Logan

+1

Waiting for the original Contra, not the 3rd one, which is the only one they have so far.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii