Best Wii Game Deals


Best Wii Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
EA Sports Active 2 (Wii)
$39.99
 
Beyblade Metal Fusion: Battle Fortress (Wii)
$29.99
 
Horse Life Adventures (Wii)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 PM   #21
Chordata Chordata is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Chordata's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys
75
2
1
Default

Pretty sure it was released on Tuesday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 AM   #22
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_V_N View Post
Pretty sure it was released on Tuesday.
It's out here, but i'm not buying it yet as I don't have the funds (just bought a new 3d tv and sound system). So funds are ever so tight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #23
Mumps Mumps is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2009
Default

I picked it up and played it a bit last night. The controls are finicky (the only two FPS games I can control properly on ANY console are Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for the 64. I cannot do the dual stick controls to save my life). There are too many quicktime events during cut scenes, and at the end of the first mission there was one, but there was no prompt for one, so I died. I think I was expecting this game to live up to the N64 version, and because of that I was very disapointed... As soon as I finished the first mission, I put the controller down, with no desire to play anymore. Maybe I will try again tonight, and try to think of this as a "new game" instead of a remake.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #24
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
I picked it up and played it a bit last night. The controls are finicky (the only two FPS games I can control properly on ANY console are Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for the 64. I cannot do the dual stick controls to save my life). There are too many quicktime events during cut scenes, and at the end of the first mission there was one, but there was no prompt for one, so I died. I think I was expecting this game to live up to the N64 version, and because of that I was very disapointed... As soon as I finished the first mission, I put the controller down, with no desire to play anymore. Maybe I will try again tonight, and try to think of this as a "new game" instead of a remake.
I didn't have this problem. Im a few missions in but have been playing multiplayer more then the single player. Firstly, there is a fair bit of lag, but for some reason I still am loving playing it. Not sure why, maybe its the fact that it's you and your gun and that's it (no helicopters of death, and no 12 year olds screamin in your ear).
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #25
Chordata Chordata is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Chordata's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys
75
2
1
Default

I picked it up and am having a love-hate relationship with it. Obviously the graphics aren't great since its Wii, and the cutscenes on single-player are awfully long.

The main gripe, though, is trying to control it. For the first few days, on wi-fi multiplayer I got repeatedly owned with like 1 kill and 12 deaths. I felt like guys were killing me instantaneously and I had no idea how or where they even were.

I've gotten better, and thing by far the best way to play is with the Wiimote+nunchuck. Once you get aiming down, you can be quite good.

Still, I'm having a little bit of buyer's remorse and wonder if I should've instead just bought Halo 2 for PC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:02 AM   #26
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_V_N View Post
I picked it up and am having a love-hate relationship with it. Obviously the graphics aren't great since its Wii, and the cutscenes on single-player are awfully long.

The main gripe, though, is trying to control it. For the first few days, on wi-fi multiplayer I got repeatedly owned with like 1 kill and 12 deaths. I felt like guys were killing me instantaneously and I had no idea how or where they even were.

I've gotten better, and thing by far the best way to play is with the Wiimote+nunchuck. Once you get aiming down, you can be quite good.

Still, I'm having a little bit of buyer's remorse and wonder if I should've instead just bought Halo 2 for PC.
Why not use the classic controller?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #27
Chordata Chordata is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Chordata's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys
75
2
1
Default

I tried; while i liked the movement better, I found aiming to be very difficult.

I played 4-5 games again last night and am getting better. I wish I knew how to rack up more XP. Some guys are like a level 2 and somehow get 700-800 XP/game.

I also wish I knew how many XP you need to reach various levels (i.e., to unlock better weapons, etc., in online play)

If you guys want, let's exchange codes and play sometime. We can own each other instead of getting owned by guys who have all day to play and rack up 25 kills/game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:27 AM   #28
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_V_N View Post
I tried; while i liked the movement better, I found aiming to be very difficult.

I played 4-5 games again last night and am getting better. I wish I knew how to rack up more XP. Some guys are like a level 2 and somehow get 700-800 XP/game.

I also wish I knew how many XP you need to reach various levels (i.e., to unlock better weapons, etc., in online play)

If you guys want, let's exchange codes and play sometime. We can own each other instead of getting owned by guys who have all day to play and rack up 25 kills/game.
Umm, I usually win every macth but have only played for maybe 90 minutes. I have found the competition to be weak, and rushing them usually does the trick. PS, you really have to play around quite as bit with the sensitivity settings before youw will like the controlls. I don't know what my code is? How do I fiind it out, and how do I add you via the code? I'm new to wii multiplayer, can you tell?

Last edited by Suntory_Times; 11-18-2010 at 03:30 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:13 PM   #29
BirdManJr BirdManJr is offline
Power Member
 
BirdManJr's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
3
Default

theres a website... wiinintendo.net..they are having a 007 online play date thing...go to the site and see when if you wanna jump on there pretty cool guys...i watched them do a zelda marathon online for charity and it was cool.....I dont have 007 yet but i will get it...looks cool online...just letting anyone know that has it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:24 PM   #30
sfmarine sfmarine is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
sfmarine's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
7
162
1194
450
474
503
6
39
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine
Default

I need to pick up a Wii FAST!

I used to play Goldeneye and Zelda for days on end with my friends. Obviously Goldeneye was better with the multi-player and the 4 way split screen was so sick on my 19" tv haha. Good times....
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #31
Chordata Chordata is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Chordata's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys
75
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
Umm, I usually win every macth but have only played for maybe 90 minutes. I have found the competition to be weak, and rushing them usually does the trick. PS, you really have to play around quite as bit with the sensitivity settings before youw will like the controlls. I don't know what my code is? How do I fiind it out, and how do I add you via the code? I'm new to wii multiplayer, can you tell?
If you've only played 90 minutes, what is your level/rank? I can't believe you're able to win every match if you don't have the upgrades that higher levels afford you, but more power to you if so.

When I play, guys with levels 19+ win. Guys with levels 5 or below might get a few kills, but they don't win and eventually quit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #32
eclimax13 eclimax13 is offline
Special Member
 
eclimax13's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Massachusetts
19
4
2
Default

anyone know why the wii remote wont work with this game?...it says its suppose to but i can only use my gamecube remote
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #33
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclimax13 View Post
anyone know why the wii remote wont work with this game?...it says its suppose to but i can only use my gamecube remote
do you have the nunchuck connected?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #34
Chordata Chordata is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Chordata's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
Home of N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys
75
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclimax13 View Post
anyone know why the wii remote wont work with this game?...it says its suppose to but i can only use my gamecube remote
It does work, it (with the nunchuck, of course) is what I use.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:28 PM   #35
eclimax13 eclimax13 is offline
Special Member
 
eclimax13's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Massachusetts
19
4
2
Default

yup...i have to start the game with the wii remote...then when it gets to the press any button to start menu... can only use the gamecube controller
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #36
eclimax13 eclimax13 is offline
Special Member
 
eclimax13's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
Massachusetts
19
4
2
Default

ok figured it out...the wavebird receiver was messing it up...unplugged it and it works fine now
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #37
Agent Bond Agent Bond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
217
33
3
Default

Game looks great, but its just wrong to replace a Pierce Brosnan title with Daniel Craig. With that said, I was amazed to see BLOFELD in it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:47 PM   #38
Suntory_Times Suntory_Times is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Suntory_Times's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
The Grid
16
23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
Game looks great, but its just wrong to replace a Pierce Brosnan title with Daniel Craig. With that said, I was amazed to see BLOFELD in it!
The story has been significantly chnaged, so having brosnan wouldn't make any more sense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #39
GUFFIES GUFFIES is offline
Member
 
GUFFIES's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Default

Goldeneye 007 n64 it's the best!! very nice OST!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 PM.