Best Wii Game Deals

Best Wii Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
EA Sports Active 2 (Wii)
$39.99

Beyblade Metal Fusion: Battle Fortress (Wii)
$29.99

Horse Life Adventures (Wii)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii

Old 01-12-2011, 02:24 AM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
Send a message via AIM to brettallica

I was one of those who balked a buying this game, mostly because I didn't think it would become such a hot commodity; but also because I was focusing on buying presents for my kids for Christmas. I actually had a copy of this game in my hand on release day when I was doing Christmas shopping for the kids at Best Buy and said to myself "nah, I'll just pick this up another time." Oh, what little did I know! Pretty funny how you see nothing but negative reviews about this game on various sites mostly by those who feel that the game didn't encompass enough of the Mario legacy, with which I somewhat agree or at the very least understand yet it is arguably the hottest and hardest game to find right now (for a reasonable price, I mean). Then you've got all those hoarders who bought several copies only to sell them at a crazy markup. All I'm saying for those who did that is, I hope this is true:

http://m.wired.com/gamelife/2011/01/...all-stars-wii/ (PS: that's a mobile link because I'm typing from my iPhone)
Old 01-12-2011, 04:12 AM   #42
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Manchester, CT
Send a message via AIM to Musashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretagentnumber6 View Post
Yeah it is extremely difficult. That is why in the US we got Doki Doki Panic! with a pallet swap to make it Mario or other characters you play as. Nintendo thought it was far too difficult to appeal to the US market.
Lost Levels would've been especially troublesome the first time around with no Saving; Glad the All Stars version offers that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Yea as far as I know there are two warps. U can warp from world one to world 4 and then from world 4 to world 6. There could be more thats all I remember for now. Got Em!!
There's also a 3 --> 5, in Stage 3-1 near a big coin farm, and a 5 --> 7, in Stage 5-3 just above the alcove you start the stage in.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Yea I am currently playing SMB2 on the cirtual system and i cant get past world 7. Got Em!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Ah, okay. I'm not crazy then. I haven't played through SMB2 again yet, but that was one of the first games I beat back in the day.
But, the Lost Levels has just been kicking my a**. It seems like most of the levels are designed to be done essentially on a speed run. And there's a lot of spots where if you miss one jump, it's over with no checkpoint.
I'm having fun with it, but I've just died a bajillion times it seems like. At least there's seemingly unlimited continues.
I played though the original SMB2 (not the one with the redone sprites for SNES; I'm talking about the actual SMB2 as in Famicom or what you would have played in Japan) over the course of the past month or so, and that was a heck of a lot of fun. You definitely have to rely on timing to get through a lot of the levels more easily. There are a couple castles that rely on patterns to complete, and I got stuck on those several times.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #44
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
There's also a 3 --> 5, in Stage 3-1 near a big coin farm, and a 5 --> 7, in Stage 5-3 just above the alcove you start the stage in.
Oh ok I eiether forgot about those or never knew about them lol. Got Em!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
I played though the original SMB2 (not the one with the redone sprites for SNES; I'm talking about the actual SMB2 as in Famicom or what you would have played in Japan) over the course of the past month or so, and that was a heck of a lot of fun. You definitely have to rely on timing to get through a lot of the levels more easily. There are a couple castles that rely on patterns to complete, and I got stuck on those several times.
Yea man its very fun and it doesnt get the credit it deserves. I mean I know there are several excellent Mario games but part 2 is also excellent and right up there. Got Em!!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #45
Special Member

Sep 2010
New York

Quote:
I was one of those who balked a buying this game, mostly because I didn't think it would become such a hot commodity; but also because I was focusing on buying presents for my kids for Christmas. I actually had a copy of this game in my hand on release day when I was doing Christmas shopping for the kids at Best Buy and said to myself "nah, I'll just pick this up another time." Oh, what little did I know! Pretty funny how you see nothing but negative reviews about this game on various sites mostly by those who feel that the game didn't encompass enough of the Mario legacy, with which I somewhat agree or at the very least understand yet it is arguably the hottest and hardest game to find right now (for a reasonable price, I mean). Then you've got all those hoarders who bought several copies only to sell them at a crazy markup. All I'm saying for those who did that is, I hope this is true:

http://m.wired.com/gamelife/2011/01/...all-stars-wii/ (PS: that's a mobile link because I'm typing from my iPhone)
I hope that is true i saw like 10 copies like 4 days be4 christmas and said i'll just buy it later and then a week later its sold out and people are selling it for $80-100
Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #46
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

I didn't buy it because I already downloaded them via wii points. They are the same games from what I was told, other than the collector book
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw View Post
I didn't buy it because I already downloaded them via wii points. They are the same games from what I was told, other than the collector book
Aren't the Wii VC versions the actual original games where as this LE disc contains the updated SNES graphic version?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #48
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Buffalo NY
USA

Pre-order is up at Amazon (for March 12th)

get it while you can!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049DYNNO/...=xm2&camp=2025
Old 02-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedliniv View Post
Pre-order is up at Amazon (for March 12th)

get it while you can!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049DYNNO/...=xm2&camp=2025
Thank you. I just placed my order.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:03 PM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

It'll be nice if Nintendo runs this again for people who missed out. My experience trying to get Metroid Prime Trilogy affirmed that I'd get this on release date, and I'm glad I did. I hope they continue these types of bundles going forward. There are cartridge games that I'd love to ditch, but won't until I have a good disc based version (not VC)
Old 02-18-2011, 04:10 AM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDog View Post
It'll be nice if Nintendo runs this again for people who missed out. My experience trying to get Metroid Prime Trilogy affirmed that I'd get this on release date, and I'm glad I did. I hope they continue these types of bundles going forward. There are cartridge games that I'd love to ditch, but won't until I have a good disc based version (not VC)
They are:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Al.../dp/B0049DYNNO

I placed my preorder, as I was one of those who missed out on the first press in December.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #52
Special Member

Sep 2010
New York

wow thats great for people who missed out on getting this. I somehow got lucky and found 1 lonely copy at sears and bought it up so i don't need 1 any more.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

Is it too much to hope that we'll see a Zelda 25 kit this holiday?
Old 02-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #54
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDog View Post
Is it too much to hope that we'll see a Zelda 25 kit this holiday?
I've got to think they'll do something for the anniversary. I'd grab a Zelda collection in a heartbeat.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #55
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Buffalo NY
USA

They have it already... they issued it for the Gamecube which can be played on the Wii!!! Go get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
I've got to think they'll do something for the anniversary. I'd grab a Zelda collection in a heartbeat.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #56
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedliniv View Post
They have it already... they issued it for the Gamecube which can be played on the Wii!!! Go get it!
Yeah, sorry, I should have clarified. I'd grab it just to have the 25th anniversary Wii version for collection purposes, just like Super Mario All Stars for the Wii.
I have the Gamecube Zelda collection already. I guess that makes me the prime target for double dips, but I find these hard to pass up. I made sure to pick up the Metroid Prime trilogy and Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii as soon as they came available not knowing how limited they might actually be.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:53 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Raleigh, NC

I do have the gamecube disc that was a bonus with Wind Waker. I'd prefer something wii-native though that I can play with my wii-mote and save to my wii. Honestly, if Nintendo were to tweak their zelda titles a bit for wii (graphics, compatibility, not even "motion") it would be a great thing.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #58
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2007
USA

Quote:
They are:

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Al.../dp/B0049DYNNO

I placed my preorder, as I was one of those who missed out on the first press in December.
awesome, ordered
Old 03-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #59

Mar 2011
Minneapolis,Minnesota, USA

My favorite Wii game. Been a fan of Mario since 5 years old. Ive finished 3 of the 4 games. Mario 2 is just too hard, Ive given up on it.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syuang Li View Post
My favorite Wii game. Been a fan of Mario since 5 years old. Ive finished 3 of the 4 games. Mario 2 is just too hard, Ive given up on it.
Don't give up! Once you beat that game it is so rewarding you feel like you've reached the peak of Mount Everest. That's been one of my favorite games to beat recently.

By the way, I'm assuming you're talking about "Lost Levels" and not the traditional SMB2 that was released in America. The normal SMB2 is pretty easy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Wii