Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$32.78

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.11

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 06-07-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Isla Nublar

direct feed footage

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...-golden/715043

Looks great.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
You know what's funny... and kinda weird...

I'm willing to spend $4,000+ on a new 3DTV and $1,000+ on a new receiver to play Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in its best presentation. But, I'm still not convinced to buy a Sony Vita for this game.
Maybe it's time you get one of these (Of you are talking about best presentation )

http://cgi.videogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p.../JVC-dla-rs40u
Old 06-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

PS Blog's E3 LiveStream will be featuring Uncharted: Golden Abyss at 2pm Pacific/5pm Eastern. To people in other parts of the world, in 69 minutes, you do the math

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...s-10am-pacific
Old 06-08-2011, 11:51 PM   #24
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie_is_a_dork View Post
PS Blog's E3 LiveStream will be featuring Uncharted: Golden Abyss at 2pm Pacific/5pm Eastern. To people in other parts of the world, in 69 minutes, you do the math

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...s-10am-pacific
Wasn't a very polished demo, made redundant by the much better demo at the press conference for anyone that saw that. Whatshisface from Sony Bend can't multitask very well.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin-Ra View Post
Wasn't a very polished demo, made redundant by the much better demo at the press conference for anyone that saw that. Whatshisface from Sony Bend can't multitask very well.
LOL...yeah, he did leave a lot of questions half-answered because he was so wrapped up in the game. Too bad his focus didn't keep him from dying!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:17 AM   #26

Jul 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSzF2...ature=youtu.be

12 minute off screen gameplay footage
Old 06-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #27
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Looks denser with vegetation than the January demo I think. It'll be interesting to see how much further it's improved by release.

I like the photography and 2D puzzle solving which I expect gets more challenging, especially if you don't need to complete it to progress like the PS3 games.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:54 AM   #28

Jul 2007

They also said that one (or some?) of the trophies will be taking pictures of the scenery. Think of it like collecting the treasures, a mini game of sorts.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:25 AM   #29
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Quote:
Looks denser with vegetation than the January demo I think. It'll be interesting to see how much further it's improved by release.
JANUARY — PlayStation Meeting

JUNE — E3

Quality.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:42 PM   #30

Jul 2007

It got a lot sharper. Nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQbR8l9G2ic#t=3m37s

There's still hope for multiplayer. "We're not talking about that yet..."
Old 06-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #31
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

When was there any solid indication there wouldn't be multiplayer?
Old 06-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

Can 3G handle competitive MP? I don't know why I'm asking, I'm still only getting the WiFi model.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #33

Jul 2007

Quote:
When was there any solid indication there wouldn't be multiplayer?
The fact that it was never talked about and I don't wanna get my hopes up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajmoyper View Post
Can 3G handle competitive MP? I don't know why I'm asking, I'm still only getting the WiFi model.
Not for shooters or action games, 3G will be good for some asynchronous gaming, one example given was Hustle Kings. The 3G network is not capable of supporting large amounts of data being streamed on it instantly.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:19 AM   #34
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

This gameplay demo shows more of the temple area with shooting-while-hanging that you didn't get that many chances to do in Uncharted 2.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:04 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
San Antonio, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AranhaHunter View Post
Not for shooters or action games, 3G will be good for some asynchronous gaming, one example given was Hustle Kings. The 3G network is not capable of supporting large amounts of data being streamed on it instantly.
I honestly don't know why anybody would want the 3G model then.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #36
Special Member

Feb 2008
Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajmoyper View Post
I honestly don't know why anybody would want the 3G model then.
The same reason they offer 3G on the iPad, for downloading apps on the go, plus browsing the internet on the go. I personally will be getting the Wi-fi only model because most of the time i'm near a hotspot, but for people who travel a lot the 3G is a nice feature.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #37
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

As well as 3G data, the 3G model can use cell towers and GPS in addition to WiFi hotspots for accurate positioning.

The WiFi model has to make do with hotspots.

Quote:
Gamers and developers to benefit from Skyhook's market-leading location technology

Barcelona, Spain - March 1, 2011 - Skyhook, the world leader in location positioning, context and intelligence, announced that Skyhook's Core Engine will be embedded in the next generation portable entertainment system (codename: NGP) from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE). NGP, which will make its debut at the end of this year, is SCE's new portable entertainment system. With the addition of Skyhook's Core Engine technology, it will better enable gamers to enjoy location-aware games and social applications by providing the most precise, reliable, and fastest location information available.

Geolocation is at the center of innovation and is fundamental to many emerging mobile games and services. Precise location enables new localized gaming features such as regional leader board, helps gamers find players nearby to challenge, or lets users find localized content. In addition, today, there are tens of thousands of mobile applications that incorporate location as a part of their user experience. Applications such as Facebook and Foursquare incorporate location to simplify user experience and to personalize content delivery.

“The launch of NGP is the latest in a long line of innovations over the past years that demonstrate how the PlayStation® brand continues to push the game industry forward,” said Masaaki Turuta CTO of SCE. “Precise location information is increasingly central to the portable entertainment experience. Skyhook's Core Engine will provide NGP with superior location capabilities.”

Skyhook is the recognized leader in geolocation technology and fulfills hundreds of millions of location requests every day across over 100 million handsets, tablets, netbooks, cameras, and other mobile devices. Skyhook's ground-breaking Core Engine system combines Wi-Fi, cellular, and GPS readings to produce a single, accurate location quickly and in all environments.
“SCE is one of the global leaders in innovative gaming and portable systems,” said Michael Shean, founder and senior vice president, Business Development, Skyhook. “Skyhook is thrilled to enhance SCE's NGP with superior location accuracy and availability and to expand into the portable gaming category.”
Old 06-12-2011, 03:02 PM   #38
Expert Member

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

Hmm I am not sure I am going to get this on release day as I am already spending $859.97 for PS 3DTV, PS3 and Uncharted 3 on release day (if 3DTV & Uncharted 3 are released same day) so I am not sure I am willing to spend and additional $350 (approx.) for the PS Vita and game

It does look amazing though
Old 06-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #39
Expert Member

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

I know this is going to sound stupid but this is set before Uncharted 1 right?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #40
AVFC

Dec 2007
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLover View Post
I know this is going to sound stupid but this is set before Uncharted 1 right?
Sure is! But we're told it's NOT a prequel
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable