Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$34.59

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$25.69

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #21

Dec 2009
Tokyo PSN:hotsauce2888
Send a message via Skype™ to Denoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Hey Denoku, there is an update for Liberation now. V1.01
Thanks. I saw someone answered in the Assassin's Creed III thread how to actually update it, so I downloaded it this morning. Might actually dive in and play a little now.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #22
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Just watched the review of this and it's left me feeling glad I didn't buy it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/...medium=twitter
Old 11-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #23
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

I just popped it in to try it out, Don't want to actually start it until I finish AC3. So far, about 30 minutes in, it's rather... bland. No background info, you just jump right in. Rather dull so far.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #24
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Bettendorf IA

Quote:
I just popped it in to try it out, Don't want to actually start it until I finish AC3. So far, about 30 minutes in, it's rather... bland. No background info, you just jump right in. Rather dull so far.
It gets better. I personally like the game but hey I have only played the 1st Assassin's Creed So I can't really compare it to the other games in the series
Old 11-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Doon View Post
It gets better. I personally like the game but hey I have only played the 1st Assassin's Creed So I can't really compare it to the other games in the series

Oh jeez... you haven't played AC then, the series starts at AC2.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
hollister ca

Anyone try MP on it yet?
Old 11-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #27
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-rob77 View Post
Anyone try MP on it yet?

No... I'm not touching Liberations until I finish AC3. I have no idea why Ubi released them together.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #28
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

i tried to like this game. but, i just cant get into it. so, ill be trading it in at best buy. since i didnt pay anything for it. got it free at best buy. had them match targets sale of 2 for 1 sale.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 AM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2008
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-rob77 View Post
Anyone try MP on it yet?
There's no real MP. It's a big map, you send assassin's to do work, that's it. Totally useless.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #30
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Bettendorf IA

Quote:
Oh jeez... you haven't played AC then, the series starts at AC2.
LOL I am guilty as charged
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #31
Banned

Nov 2012
Detroit, MI

Even with the patch I'm hearing bad things about this. Sad to hear because it looks epic.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #32
Expert Member

Aug 2010
Bettendorf IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by placeboBSH View Post
Even with the patch I'm hearing bad things about this. Sad to hear because it looks epic.
I beat the game before I even updated it with the patch and I had no issues//glitches at all
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #33

Dec 2009
Tokyo PSN:hotsauce2888
Send a message via Skype™ to Denoku

I stil have yet to get into this game since I've been playing AC3. I did try the multiplayer since I was curious why they would even add it. But like Silversnake said, you basically send assassin's around to fight each other. You choose where you live as your home base and I guess just protect it or send people to fight elsewhere.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #34
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

I've never played any other AC game but picked this up on a lark and I'm enjoying it. The single player seems pretty good.

The multiplayer isn't too hot - it's facebook game-ish where you manage your assassins to attack, defend, and pillage. I played it a lot this weekend but it takes way to much time to manage your people. It would have been much better if you could very quickly and easily deploy all your troops at once of quickly blow through their energy. As it is, when you have all your troops, by the time you finish attacking with all of your troops, your first one is now refreshed (which takes 25 minutes). I played around for a while (and got pretty high on the leaderboard) but clicking through menus for several hours really isn't my idea of longterm fun. Winning a node sometimes comes down to who is more willing to sit and do nothing but deploy their troops for hours on end.

It's a shame - a longer cooldown (like an hour or two) plus the ability to more quickly deploy all your troops (say in like 5-10 minutes) would have made this a fun little strategy game to drop into off and on.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #35
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Detroit, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Doon View Post
I beat the game before I even updated it with the patch and I had no issues//glitches at all
Good to hear because I'm gonna probably pick up the Vita/AC3 combo pack on black friday
Old 11-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #36
Expert Member

Sep 2007
Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenofstone10 View Post
Good to hear because I'm gonna probably pick up the Vita/AC3 combo pack on black friday
Got myself the Amazon Deal of the Day for this. Awesome offer at $179.99 + 3 months of PS+, PS Allstar Battle Royale and $10 for a future purchase.

Never thought I would buy the Vita, but at that price couldn't pass.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:09 AM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

I just got this game for $13 on PSN last night. Played about an hour through the game until the game is stuck on the loading screen. Reloaded the game didn't help. Apparently it is actually a widespread bug where the game corrupted my save? The game was patched with the latest update even, and it still has that issue. Pretty surprised they really didn't fix something basic like a saving issue.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #38
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX

With space at a premium on my 32 GB card, I decided to force myself to get back into and try this one to see if I could complete it.

I was turned off very early on where you sneak into the one armed assassin guy's camp by how non-intuitive the sneaking and getting caught seemed. (I've never played a AC game before this)

Got through that and got into the 4th chapter but finally decided to completely uninstall it and move to something else. While I got passed the one part, nothing about the game really spoke to me in the gameplay - it was quickly becoming a chore to push through just to finish exploring the story. And with the insane amount of collectibles combined with needing to kill all the citizen e guys to get the full story, I finally just realized it wasn't worth forcing myself.

Now I'm on Virtue's last reward and while the novel part takes way to long to move through at times, I'm a much happier Vita player...

It's a shame, the gameplay may not have ben representative of the whole series, but it's probably made me swear of the whole AC francise for good. I just don't think it's my bag - give me inFamous instead (speaking of - where is our inFamous Vita game, huh? )
Old 07-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Kid View Post
With space at a premium on my 32 GB card, I decided to force myself to get back into and try this one to see if I could complete it.

I was turned off very early on where you sneak into the one armed assassin guy's camp by how non-intuitive the sneaking and getting caught seemed. (I've never played a AC game before this)

Got through that and got into the 4th chapter but finally decided to completely uninstall it and move to something else. While I got passed the one part, nothing about the game really spoke to me in the gameplay - it was quickly becoming a chore to push through just to finish exploring the story. And with the insane amount of collectibles combined with needing to kill all the citizen e guys to get the full story, I finally just realized it wasn't worth forcing myself.

Now I'm on Virtue's last reward and while the novel part takes way to long to move through at times, I'm a much happier Vita player...

It's a shame, the gameplay may not have ben representative of the whole series, but it's probably made me swear of the whole AC francise for good. I just don't think it's my bag - give me inFamous instead (speaking of - where is our inFamous Vita game, huh? )
You know it's my first time playing an Assassin's Creed game too, even though I have all of the games (the first four games on PC, and Assassin's Creed 3 on PC).

The game was alright, but I already uninstalled it because of that save issue. They really need more action games on the vita though.

Speaking of off topic, Virtue's Last Reward is amazing if you can sit through the novel sections. It's pretty much what I've been using my vita on since it was free on PS+.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #40
Power Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

Recently started playing this on the Vita. On Chapter 3. So far no issues, although constantly trying to lower the notoriety can be a challenge (or costly) for the Assassin persona.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable