Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$32.78

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.11

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 01-22-2014, 08:29 PM   #41
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

thanks for bumping this up so I dont have to go searching for it...lol

Wow a dev from ACIII talks about the issues they had while making the game and why it ended up being subpar, falling short of people's expectations

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...1422b964000027
Quote:
Assassin's Creed 3 Dev Explains Alleged Development Troubles
Assassin's Creed III has been criticized in the past for technical problems it suffers from and certain aspects of it feeling disjointed. According to an online post from someone claiming to have worked on the game, there's an explanation for those issues.

In response to a post on Reddit inquiring about what happened with the development of Assassin's Creed III, a user by the name PreludesAndNocturnes responded with a lengthy explanation, noting he or she "worked on it unfortunately." The post is prefaced by saying this alleged staffer only worked on the single-player mode and "cherished" the time he or she spent working for Ubisoft. As the developer's identity is unverified, this should all be taken with a grain of salt.

"Without going into too much details," the post reads, "basically because of ridiculously unrealistic expectations and constantly tacked on features by producers / the creative team, it became literally impossible to get everything done with just Ubi Montreal."
Lamenting the annual release schedule of the series -- something Ubisoft says it would do away with if quality suffered -- the poster describes the inefficient coordination between the many Ubisoft studios that contributed to the game. He or she also claims "resources were constantly stolen for work on Watchdogs and Far Cry 3."

"Almost everybody on the bottom knew that the Desmond missions were a disgrace," the post continues. "Why? Because a B-team filled with new hires and the least talent handled all production of the Desmond content, and they were rarely in communication with the main gameplay teams. But we couldn't really say anything, and the higher ups basically stuck their fingers in their ears and convinced themselves that they were amazing."

Weapon crafting, hunting, board games, and the Homestead economy were all specified as elements of the game that were "heavily ignored til the very end of development, and no time was given to polish them or make them cohesive." Performance issues, meanwhile, were blamed on the fact that it was the first game to use the AnvilNext engine, which is said to have been "pretty much designed with next-gen consoles and future pc tech in mind, so it was super inefficient on PS3/360."

A later edit to the post clarifies that certain points were "blatantly exaggerated," explaining that it was written "in a fit of frustration in like 2 minutes," but that the main points remain true. In a separate comment responding to a since-deleted response by Ubisoft Montreal lead writer Darby McDevitt, the anonymous developer apologizes for the perceived attack. "I feel I may have been in the wrong to go off on a rant, even if I thought it would remain obscure. I didn't mean to knock Ubisoft either as a brand or as a team of human beings (who obviously deserve my respect).

"I have no doubt that every single man and woman at Ubi did their absolute best on that project, and will continue to do so on future projects. No one was actively trying to cause harm. And obviously the industry and the medium is just really tough, but we do it because we love it."

In a tweet, McDevitt responded to the allegations by saying, "Lots of falsehoods in that one. I don't doubt that was his impression of things, but he's getting big facts wrong."

As noted above, this should all obviously be taken with a grain of salt, but it does possibly provide some insight into the problems that can be encountered in the development of major games like those in the Assassin's Creed series.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #42
Power Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

Finished the main story on this one. Still playing trophy clean up on a few of them. Pretty good game, but obviously shorter than the PS3 games.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #43
Power Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

I dont know if anybody still reads this thread, but how do you send the ships to do the trading while in the main game. I get to the desk, and see the map, and can buy ships and goods. But I can not figure out how to actually send the ships from one location to another. It is probably something simple, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Plus there are a few treasure chests that seem to be unattainable. There is one in the bayou that seems to be under a mound of dirt. And a couple in New Orleans that appear to be under some crates or in the corner of the house in the fort. But no way to get to them.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

so I got this game as part of a bundle 2years ago and just started playing it last night.
Decided to go do the multiplayer trophies first so incase I get lazy there will still be a chance for me to get the Platinum later on.

I don't get the multiplayer...WTH were they thinking! It is useless, pointless, and adds no fun value.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #45
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psybits View Post
WTH were they thinking! It is useless, pointless, and adds no fun value.
That can be applied to the whole game
Old 03-24-2015, 11:10 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

I had no idea this game even had MP
Old 08-01-2015, 01:20 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
I had no idea this game even had MP
late reply , but I wouldn't call it a multiplayer, not even sure how I'd call it but it's hilariously pointless
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable