Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Prototype 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.26
 
The LEGO Movie 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.04
19 hrs ago
Dino King 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99
 
The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.49
 
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.92
 
Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.98
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #21
DJTommy DJTommy is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2008
America The Beautiful
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
Sounds interesting, and I was almost sold until I read that it uses anaglyph 3D and you're looking through red and blue filters. Unless I'm missing something? Is everything red/blue like those old paper glasses, or is there still a good amount of the color of the original source with the glasses on?
this is not to view ANYTHING in 3D, its to use this device the 3D VIDEO WIZARD which lies to a 3d blu-ray player making it think any 2d hdtv can accept 3d signal so it can play it in its amber/blue 3d, but the point of this post is to mainly enjoy Titanic 3D's open matte aspect ratio on any 2D tv. There are no glasses involved anywhere. Its just to convert the 3d to 2d. From a 2D only tv.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 AM   #22
DJTommy DJTommy is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2008
America The Beautiful
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmrlKJaneway View Post
If anyone here wants to watch Blu-ray 3D movies converted to anaglyph on their existing 2D set-up, I have another method too. If you got the right stuff.

You need;
Some sort of display (telle, projector, monitor, h*ll, an old CRT will do...)
PC with Blu-ray drive
A decent graphics card, not amazing, but decent. For nVidia you need at least a 240.
Cyberlink PowerDVD from ver. 11 Ultra and up, but if it's 11, makes sure it's 11 Ultra
Anaglyph glasses (cheap as dirt on Amazon, or pick up an old movie that comes with 'em!)

Plug the computer to the telle. Open the program. Locate the 3D option, and set the output to anaglyph. Only red/cyan is supported on 11 Ultra, but I don't know if the purple/green ones work with ver. 12 (I prefer these colors for anaglyph, distracts me less, but that's probably just me).

Now whack in the movie you wanna watch and sit back and enjoy in wonderful 3D anaglyph amazement!
version 12 only uses red/cyan
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:49 AM   #23
DJTommy DJTommy is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2008
America The Beautiful
3
Default

This is not to view in 3D, seriously read lol im done coming back to this thread. Close it, delete it, lock it whichever. Good day
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:38 AM   #24
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
680
61
Default

*bump*

I mentioned this product in the Jurassic Park thread as it sounds like a good option for those that want to see the remastered version of JP in 2D (only available on the 3D BD). It's currently just $36 on Amazon, sold by a third party but fulfiled by Amazon. Amazon themselves has it for over double that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:35 AM   #25
satans child satans child is offline
Junior Member
 
satans child's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
fort lauderdale
341
339
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
I got this device in the other day. I have a 3D television, but wanted to get one so my family could enjoy 3D. Frame packed 3D looked good, but it had one fatal flaw. The amber lens would not pull both images close enough together to eliminate the double image completely. Everything pushed back in the screen looked good, but once it got close to the screen it split. It is a good idea, but it does not work well enough to justify purchase. If you Want to see a double image at all times, get it.
I actually just saw this same gadget on amazon for $35. Glad i saw your review.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:29 PM   #26
Tboneator64 Tboneator64 is offline
Senior Member
 
Oct 2014
London, ON; Canada
Default

Hi DJTommy!

I'm a bit late to the 3D Wizard Console party, but your screenshots clearly demonstrate this is a very workable solution for those who would like to have the option of 3D viewing (Or 3D Blu-rays in 2D, that otherwise won't play, such as the 3D WIZARD OF OZ, which I recently purchased, as it was deep discounted; or your TITANIC!) without having to spend $$$$! Though obviously not nearly as advanced, I can better handle the old style 3D anaglyph format, as anytime I've tried in store demos, I unfortunately started to feel woozy almost immediately!

Thank you very much for kindly posting this!

CHEERS!

Tony

Last edited by Tboneator64; 11-21-2015 at 02:20 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #27
gunmasterg9 gunmasterg9 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2013
1
1
United Kingdom update for 2017

IS there anything available like this for the UK?
I am not huge fan of 3D however recently Disney have released Captain America Civil War (Specifically the airport fight scene) and Doctor Strange in the Open Matt Imax version on 3D Only. I want to watch these version in 2d rather than the 2.35 aspect ratio using software conversions which only take one side and shift some scenes to the left and gove a small black line down the left side of the screen is there any hardware that you can link between the 3D bluray player and TV/Projector that will do this for you such as the 3D video wizard?? and availabe in the UK??
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:59 PM   #28
Joe D. Joe D. is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Joe D.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2015
Bronx, NY
1
Default

Hi DJ,

Thanks for the interesting information. Way over my head, however.

Do have a few discs that are 3D only and a second home theater system without 3D. If really wanted to see them in the den or in 2D guess I would just get the blu ray copy.

But thanks again. Hoping you might come up with something simpler us "dummies" can work around with. It would be helpful for those of us with multiple set ups.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #29
gunmasterg9 gunmasterg9 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2013
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi DJ,

Thanks for the interesting information. Way over my head, however.

Do have a few discs that are 3D only and a second home theater system without 3D. If really wanted to see them in the den or in 2D guess I would just get the blu ray copy.

But thanks again. Hoping you might come up with something simpler us "dummies" can work around with. It would be helpful for those of us with multiple set ups.
I have them in 2D however there are certain scenes which are open matte and offer more depth to the picture on the 3D versions but 3D makes me abit nauseous.
The Cap America Civil War fight on the 2D version is framed at 2.35:1 where as on the 3D disk the fight is open matte which adds so much depth and wow factor to the fight scene.
I have noticed something today I converted my 3D disk to 2D and found that there were occasional small black line in on the left side of the screen. However I watched the same scene via the actual 3D disk in full 3D and the picture has got black line down the left side during some of the shots. Is this an encoding issue of 3D disks. It's the same with doctor strange.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:27 PM   #30
MovieFan2016 MovieFan2016 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2016
Default How to play 3d movies and/or blu-ray 3d on non 3d tv (LG OLED 55C7T)?

Hello friends. Recently, I was gifted a LG OLED 55C7T 2017 model.

Although it looks good, to my utter dismay, it has no 3d. So I was wondering how can I watch 3d movies on it?

I don't have a laptop with blu-ray player and/or 3d capability OR a seprate 3d blu-ray player, so how to resolve this issue?


Anyone having expertise in this subject matter please share your opinion and/or solution.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:49 PM   #31
bavanut bavanut is online now
Senior Member
 
bavanut's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Burbank, California
1
Default

Assuming you are absolutely sincere in your desire to watch 3-D Blu-rays, you will have to have a 3-D Blu-ray player and the requisite 3D Blu-ray discs. This is nonnegotiable.

You will then have to consider whether you are willing to settle for anaglyphic ("red and cyan," or sometimes "blue and amber") 3-D. If so, there are several devices available that will convert discrete left and right stereo pairs into anaglyphic imagery for your existing TV, one such device being the 3D Video Wizard. An Amazon or eBay search will be fruitful.

For many of us, red-and-cyan anaglyphs are a definite step backwards. There are some here who will express horror and outrage at the very idea of anaglyphic television. If you do explore the anaglyph option, please know that I make no claims as to the quality of the devices or the resulting imagery. I am just giving you information to consider.

There are other potential alternatives. 3D Fury converter boxes purport to convert a 2-D television to 3-D, using active shutter glasses and emitter (sold separately). The Edison 3D converter box makes a similar claim. I have not tried either one—I merely present the names so that you may run a Google search and come to your own conclusions.

I hope this information helps.

Last edited by bavanut; 07-14-2017 at 12:27 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MovieFan2016 (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #32
8traxrule 8traxrule is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

Send it back to LG and tell them they're idiots for dropping 3D!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-15-2017), gerdsen (07-16-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #33
shawmkreitzman shawmkreitzman is offline
Member
 
Feb 2015
44
Default

There actually is a way of doing it, but you may not find it very user-friendly.

If you get yourself a mirror-stereoscope such as this one:

http://www.berezin.com/3d/pocket_3dvu.htm



...you should be able to view side-by-side 3D images (and videos) on a screen of virtually any size.

You would then need to connect your laptop or PC to the television and run a program like S-View (Which is free) or Stereoscopic Player (which is not).

You will need to set the 3D output to full width side-by-side (not the more common half-width).

Also you will obviously need some 3D videos to play! 3D Blu Rays will not be playable like this directly from the discs, but that's a whole other discussion (and a bit of a legal minefield, so I'll steer clear of that).

If you really want to pursue this, you may find the experience rather uncomfortable. Viewers like this are designed for still images rather than video, and you would need to sit absolutely motionless in a specific spot for the length of the film. Still, it is technically possible!

The better option might be to sell the television and use the money to buy a model with native 3D capability. There are also some fairly inexpensive 3D Blu Ray players out there, so once you have a working monitor, the rest should be pretty easy.

This for what it's worth!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-14-2017), MovieFan2016 (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 10:50 AM   #34
MovieFan2016 MovieFan2016 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanut View Post
Assuming you are absolutely sincere in your desire to watch 3-D Blu-rays, you will have to have a 3-D Blu-ray player and the requisite 3D Blu-ray discs. This is nonnegotiable.

You will then have to consider whether you are willing to settle for anaglyphic ("red and cyan," or sometimes "blue and amber") 3-D. If so, there are several devices available that will convert discrete left and right stereo pairs into anaglyphic imagery for your existing TV, one such device being the 3D Video Wizard. An Amazon or eBay search will be fruitful.

For many of us, red-and-cyan anaglyphs are a definite step backwards. There are some here who will express horror and outrage at the very idea of anaglyphic television. If you do explore the anaglyph option, please know that I make no claims as to the quality of the devices or the resulting imagery. I am just giving you information to consider.

There are other potential alternatives. 3D Fury converter boxes purport to convert a 2-D television to 3-D, using active shutter glasses and emitter (sold separately). The Edison 3D converter box makes a similar claim. I have not tried either one—I merely present the names so that you may run a Google search and come to your own conclusions.

I hope this information helps.
Thank you so much for the information. Seems like a lot of hassle. But I guess eventually I will have to find out the best option.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 10:55 AM   #35
MovieFan2016 MovieFan2016 is offline
Junior Member
 
Jun 2016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawmkreitzman View Post
There actually is a way of doing it, but you may not find it very user-friendly.

If you get yourself a mirror-stereoscope such as this one:

http://www.berezin.com/3d/pocket_3dvu.htm



...you should be able to view side-by-side 3D images (and videos) on a screen of virtually any size.

You would then need to connect your laptop or PC to the television and run a program like S-View (Which is free) or Stereoscopic Player (which is not).

You will need to set the 3D output to full width side-by-side (not the more common half-width).

Also you will obviously need some 3D videos to play! 3D Blu Rays will not be playable like this directly from the discs, but that's a whole other discussion (and a bit of a legal minefield, so I'll steer clear of that).

If you really want to pursue this, you may find the experience rather uncomfortable. Viewers like this are designed for still images rather than video, and you would need to sit absolutely motionless in a specific spot for the length of the film. Still, it is technically possible!

The better option might be to sell the television and use the money to buy a model with native 3D capability. There are also some fairly inexpensive 3D Blu Ray players out there, so once you have a working monitor, the rest should be pretty easy.

This for what it's worth!
Thank you so much. I am flirting with the idea of selling it but I don't know who would purchase it as this model costs approx. $3500 in India. Not sure who in India will buy such an expensive tv when majority settle for a $500 TV at most.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
shawmkreitzman (07-14-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 03:16 AM   #36
TheGuyWhoLovesMovies TheGuyWhoLovesMovies is offline
Active Member
 
TheGuyWhoLovesMovies's Avatar
 
Jul 2017
5
76
6
4
1
6
Default Is this a good alternative to a 3D TV?

I don't have a way of getting a 3D tv and wanted to know if this is a good alternative. I am trying to find a cheap way of watching 3D content because I only have a 4K tv.

https://www.amazon.com/Video-Wizard-...o+3d+converter
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:42 AM   #37
Bullitt Bullitt is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Bullitt's Avatar
 
Jun 2017
13
3
713
Default

Bit like converting 2D to 3D with a touch of a button on the remote which I have found doesn't work that well at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:02 AM   #38
revgen revgen is online now
Power Member
 
revgen's Avatar
 
Oct 2013
Southern California, USA
17
Default

No.

If you want a cheap and easy way to watch 3-D Blu-Ray's, I recommend using Google Cardboard instead.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
bavanut (07-30-2017), BleedOrange11 (07-30-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 04:37 AM   #39
TheGuyWhoLovesMovies TheGuyWhoLovesMovies is offline
Active Member
 
TheGuyWhoLovesMovies's Avatar
 
Jul 2017
5
76
6
4
1
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
No.

If you want a cheap and easy way to watch 3-D Blu-Ray's, I recommend using Google Cardboard instead.
I want to be able to use my TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:53 AM   #40
icy hot icy hot is offline
Expert Member
 
icy hot's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
the Zoo
132
1804
349
190
1055
16
146
Default

I have it. I bought it before I got my 3D TV. It was okay for what it was. Decent depth but lots of crosstalk. Even with the colors jakked up I still liked having some form of 3D over none at all.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Tags
3d blu-ray, 3dtv

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:31 PM.