Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$19.01

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$39.65

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$32.78

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$24.11

Lost Child (PS Vita)
$25.20

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 09-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Default PlayStation TV - Now Discontinued in Japan, US & UK

The PlayStation Vita TV will allow;

PSP games on TV
Vita games on TV
Video service streaming
Remote play for PS4 to other TVs (anywhere in the world - With Internet)

Last edited by jamclaur; 09-09-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

PS VitaTV has been announced by Sony in Japan. It’s a device that lets you play Vita titles on your TV. Watch the first trailer here.

It also lets you play PS4 remote play, PSP and classic PlayStation titles, as well as movies and TV.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

This is pretty nice. The price is fairly good too.

Remote play from portable to tv, from console to portable is one thing, but to also remote play the PS4 as well into another TV, that's awesome.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

sucks that they just didn't add video out on the Vita
Old 09-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007
Netherlands

This looks pretty good. I hope this makes it to Europe and NA. I have a lot of Vita titles on PS+ but I just don't game that much when I'm not at home, so being able to play those at home on my TV would be great.

Last edited by Scorpion Soldier; 09-09-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

The list of games this support so far.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvitatv/game/psvitalist/
Old 09-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
sucks that they just didn't add video out on the Vita
This. I'm still excited by this news though, just confused how it''s all implemented.

Last edited by dyne; 09-09-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

As well as this morning’s PS Vita 2000 announcement Sony has also revealed PS Vita TV. It enables you to play PS Vita & PSP games on your television as well as Remote Play PS4 content and films.

Not all PS Vita games are supported – anything using touchscreens is out for example – but the list (below) is large and includes games like Soul Sacrifice, Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD Remastered, Motorstorm RC and Ratchet & Clank Q Force. It supports two DualShock 3 or 4 controllers.

PS Vita TVThe release date and price are for Japan only at the moment: November 14 at 9954 (around 64). That comes with a Vita TV, HDMI cable, AC adaptor and a power cord. There’s also a Vita TV Value Pack that comes with that, a white DualShock 3 controller and a 90 day free PS Plus tria which is 14,994 (96).

Specs-wise it outputs 480p, 720p and 1080i, packs in a Vita card slot, memory card slot, USB, HDMI, LAn, WiFi and Bluetooth
Old 09-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Wrestling in Ireland. PSNetwork: Nerdkiller316PSN Nerds beaten up: Loads

This was...unexpected. Still, it makes me wonder if people will choose this over the portable option.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Not all PS Vita games are supported anything using touchscreens is out for example
That doesn't make sense to me. Why not just allow the Vita to be used as a controller in those instances?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
That doesn't make sense to me. Why not just allow the Vita to be used as a controller in those instances?
Then what would be the point of getting the Vita TV then if you already have a normal one?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdkiller likes BD View Post
Then what would be the point of getting the Vita TV then if you already have a normal one?
To play the games on a TV. I rarely in an instance where I need to game on the go and prefer gaming on a big screen TV rather than small screen. I'd use this as a vehicle to play certain Vita games on a bigger screen. Hearing this doesn't require a Vita kind of makes the handheld irrelevant to me now and I think Sony kind of shot themselves in the foot. I was almost certainly going to get one but with this being half price and plays Vita games, this seems like a more attractive option and I'm reconsidering if the Vita is worth it

Last edited by Havok83; 09-09-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #13
Special Member

Sep 2011
Endora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion Soldier View Post
This looks pretty good. I hope this makes it to Europe and NA. I have a lot of Vita titles on PS+ but I just don't game that much when I'm not at home, so being able to play those at home on my TV would be great.
Same here. I'm mostly at home, and I don't do a lot of gaming while I'm out (why did I get a Vita? lol) so this is awesome. I'd love to play Uncharted:GA on the big screen. HOWEVER, like Havok mentioned, I think it's kind of dumb not to let us use the Vita as the controller (I know it defeats the purpose, but still).
Old 09-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2007

hold up, can this connect to an external hard drive so you can store all your gaming content as well as media or will it require a Vita memory card?
Old 09-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #15
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Generation View Post
The list of games this support so far.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/psvitatv/game/psvitalist/
I see a lot of games I would like in that list.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Wait a minute, I just realised something...do you think that Sony will allow multiple accounts, this time around? I mean, home consoles are not as personal as portable ones.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
hold up, can this connect to an external hard drive so you can store all your gaming content as well as media or will it require a Vita memory card?
I'd be shocked if they don't still force you to use the memory cards.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdkiller likes BD View Post
Wait a minute, I just realised something...do you think that Sony will allow multiple accounts, this time around? I mean, home consoles are not as personal as portable ones.
well remote play does require you to be logged in to the same PSN account on both your console and PS Vita..so maybe not

but I am excited for this though, I too would like to be able to play my PS Vita on a bigger screen. Plus, even if I had to bring this with me whenever I go visit relatives, it would still be much more portable than bringing my entire PS3 (or PS4 in the future) with me.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
This is exactly what I was wondering. To remote play the PS4 to another tv in the house the PS4 would power on and it's all handled on the wireless home network. In the case of PS1/PSP/Vita, do you use the Vita as the controller and "pair" it with the TV device or will this cannibalize Vita sales by allowing anybody with a PSN account to buy PS1/PSP/Vita games and simply use this device to access them? From what I've been reading some say it's just a streaming device while others say it's got the Vita internals.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
Special Member

Sep 2011
Endora

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
This is exactly what I was wondering. To remote play the PS4 to another tv in the house the PS4 would power on and it's all handled on the wireless home network. In the case of PS1/PSP/Vita, do you use the Vita as the controller and "pair" it with the TV device or will this cannibalize Vita sales by allowing anybody with a PSN account to buy PS1/PSP/Vita games and simply use this device to access them? From what I've been reading some say it's just a streaming device while others say it's got the Vita internals.
From what I understand, this thing plays Vita games (In other words, yes, it has Vita guts), having a Vita game card slot and memory card slot, but also does PS4 streaming to TVs and has a few video streaming apps like Netflix or Hulu. Do you need a Vita to use it? No, because it is one, internally. And yes, it might hinder real Vita sales lol.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable