Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

Baldur's Gate (Switch)
$29.99

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Switch)
$29.97

Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale (Switch)
$29.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

Dead Cells: Action Game of the Year (Switch)
$24.99

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 (Switch)
$38.99

Valfaris (Switch)
$24.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Forager (Switch)
$19.99

Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
$49.94

Super Bomberman R (Switch)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 02-12-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York
Default Pokémon HOME

It was released last night on Switch and mobile. Also here’s some advice, if you transferred Pokémon from GO to Let’s Go, they don’t count as "Kanto" Pokémon for the Professor’s Tasks.

The free plan is what I’m using, there is also a premium (paid) plan that you only really need if you want to import Pokémon from the 3DS. Otherwise, the free plan is good enough. You can register up to 500 Pokémon just from Let’s Go and Sword/Shield, which is more than half.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:07 PM   #2

Jan 2013

So now I can have Scyther in Sword!!

Well as soon as I find a way to get scyther (and not having to buy lets go lol)
Old 02-13-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
So now I can have Scyther in Sword!!

Well as soon as I find a way to get scyther (and not having to buy lets go lol)
No, despite HOME having a National Dex, Sword/Shield still doesn’t. Only "select" Pokémon have been added, mostly starters and legendaries. Here’s the full list:

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/transferonly.shtml
Old 02-13-2020, 05:36 PM   #4

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
No, despite HOME having a National Dex, Sword/Shield still doesn’t. Only "select" Pokémon have been added, mostly starters and legendaries. Here’s the full list:

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/transferonly.shtml
Im assuming once GO gets support, and I can get a scyther in GO, I'll be all set?

It's still very early lol
Old 02-14-2020, 02:46 AM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Im assuming once GO gets support, and I can get a scyther in GO, I'll be all set?

There’s nothing stopping you can putting a Scyther into HOME, but the fate of whether or not you can put it in Sword/Shield depends on the whims of GameFreak. That’s why as of right now, paying for premium isn’t worth it. The Pokémon you import from Bank will just sit in HOME and be unusable.

(to everyone)
Which form of Mewtwo is your favorite?

Thanks given by:
JayTL (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #6

Feb 2020

I have my favorite pokemon available at this time, but having the option to have more should feel great
Old Yesterday, 05:08 AM   #7
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:

That will depend on the new expansion packs coming out. if Scyther is part of those then you will be able to add it regardless if you buy the expansions. They are going to update the base games to add all of the Pokemon added in the expansion packs for free. You only need to pay if you want the new content.
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmod20061 View Post
That will depend on the new expansion packs coming out. if Scyther is part of those then you will be able to add it regardless if you buy the expansions. They are going to update the base games to add all of the Pokemon added in the expansion packs for free. You only need to pay if you want the new content.
What they really need to do, is bring the damn national dex to SwSh. Not only would it encourage the sale of more premium subscriptions for HOME, but it would also give the "new" Pokemon numbers again. Right now all the additional Pokemon you can add via HOME are numberless.
Old Today, 03:54 AM   #9

Aug 2019
Sydney, Australia

If complete editions of Sword/Shield with the DLC on the cartridge were confirmed for release this holiday, I would bite on both versions and Home, but without knowing what TPCi's next move is, Pokémon is still on hiatus as far as I am concerned, and I am considering using the free Bank period to withdraw all of my Pokémon to my Gen 7 games in case I call quits on the main series games entirely.

While I won't be able to use the DLC between two Switches, it is mildly comforting that I can use Home to exchange Dex data between the two games, so that's one slight silver lining that may push me to buy both DLC packs eventually, but I still cannot justify it considering how ridiculously expensive it is (AU$90 for both!). A third version would have been cheaper than that.

Plus, people complaining about third versions/sequels being too expensive can just sell the original version and put that money toward the revised installment. Crisis averted. Those who have downloaded the game have the option of DLC regardless.
Old Today, 07:28 AM   #10

Jan 2013
Lansing KS

One thing I find odd about Home is that it removes Held items; which isn't a big deal for the most part. But Zamazenta and Zacian are incomplete without their respective Rusted Shield and Rusted Sword items and then there's Pokemon like Rhydon which can't evolve because it requires holding a Protector while being traded.

It's also frustrating that the GTS won't let me search for a Pokemon that other people want, you can only search for what your looking for. Even then I think the search only gave me something like 30 results total.

I really don't understand why the National Dex isn't in Sw/Sh, especially with Home being the successor to Bank. And then there's the strange case of TPC recently rewarding people with complete National Dexes with a Magearna (which I'm not even sure can be transferred to Sw/Sh currently). It seems odd to reward people for having had all the Pokemon but not actually let them use those same Pokemon in game.

Home has gotten me thinking about getting the Premium version and actually transferring Pokemon from previous games. I haven't transferred between games before but I do have Diamond, Black, Black 2, and Y -- might even go look for used copies of Sun/Moon, Ultra Sun/U Moon, and OR/AS just to see what I could snag from the existing save files. If I do that I may even pick up a year of Bank just to give myself more time.

I do have Pokemon Colosseum and all the appropriate hardware but no GBA Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald and a quick search online suggests it's probably cheaper/easier just snagging a copy of Let's Go P/E for whichever Kanto Pokemon will transfer from Colosseum.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch