Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)
$44.99

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)
$29.99

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 (Switch)
$14.99

Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$19.99

Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
$9.90

Mortal Kombat 11 (Switch)
$24.99

A Hat In Time (Switch)
$29.99

Vampyr (Switch)
$29.99

Sparklite (Switch)
$14.99

Darksiders Genesis (Switch)
$33.88

God Eater 3 (Switch)
$29.99

Super Bomberman R (Switch)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 12-05-2018, 04:38 PM   #8021
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Prime Trilogy could be a reveal at the Game Awards tomorrow. I like seeing new announcements but can't stand the format and Keighley gurgling man balls is annoying. I'll be sure to read some live streams.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/12/0...-switch-bound/

Nintendo is also teasing on Twitter to tune in. Not getting my hopes up. If we're getting a Trilogy this coming year you have to assume 4 isn't coming until 2020.
I really hope thatís true. Barely played the Switch this year. 3 Metroid Prime games will certainly get me to play the system again.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:39 PM   #8022
Special Member

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
I really hope thatís true. Barely played the Switch this year. 3 Metroid Prime games will certainly get me to play the system again.
Part of me wishes I had that problem. I'm always backlogged in games, and the Switch has rapidly become no different.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:42 PM   #8023
Special Member

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Started and finished Steamworld Dig today. I enjoyed it; short game but worth the $5 I paid. It put me over 550 hours of play on my Switch since launch.

Thatís about 100 hours shy of my PS4 from July 2015.

Most time Iíve spent on a PS4 game would either by Horizon or Arkham Knight around 60 hours or so. Switch is carried by far by Zelda at 170 and Xenoblade 2/Torna: The Golden Country at 165 hours.
Off the top of my head, these are what I've done since I bought it nearly one year ago to the day:

Skyrim - 130
Disgaea 5 - 75
Dark Souls - 65
Darkest Dungeon - 55
Super Mario Odyssey - 55
Breath of the Wild - 50

So over 400 hours into the top 6 alone. I've probably put 20 total hours into my 360 and PS3 over the last five years, which just proves how much a handheld has been a blessing to me
Old 12-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #8024
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donl1282 View Post
Same. And I havenít really liked most of what I bought and tried to play. Hopefully Smash changes that. Have gamed a ton on PS4 and PC this year though.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #8025
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Same. And I havenít really liked most of what I bought and tried to play. Hopefully Smash changes that. Have gamed a ton on PS4 and PC this year though.
Pokemon Let's Go has kept me busy but now I'm looking forward to Smash. I haven't played it in years so I'm gonna be really rusty.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #8026

Oct 2012
Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I'll be sure to read some live streams.
Read them? As in people put out live text transcripts of the event or something?
Old 12-05-2018, 09:11 PM   #8027
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier View Post
Read them? As in people put out live text transcripts of the event or something?
Yeah. Probably not what they're called but a lot of sites do it. They have a page where people are either there or watching and just post up the announcements real time.

People might just say "why not just watch it?"

I honestly hate this side of the business that much.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:16 AM   #8028
Special Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

sometimes i do watch playthrough's and it can help me decide if i want to buy a game or not. it's not with every game though cause i like to see gameplay before i buy a game.

i borrowed Mario Oddessy from a friend and i'm loving it i can't wait to buy it. on black friday i did buy a game driver on amazon for my PS4 for get this $65 bucks and it's a sea gate. 2 TB as well. normal price $89.95 i think ?

i bought kingdom hearts the story so far for my PS4 this week i have installed it but not played it yet as i haven't gotten around to it. but i've never played that series before to be honest. i've been playing my switch a lot actually
Old 12-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #8029
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Pokemon Let's Go has kept me busy but now I'm looking forward to Smash. I haven't played it in years so I'm gonna be really rusty.
Pokťmon just isnít my cup of tea.

Iím really liking Smash though. World of Light is a lot of fun content. Good time for fighting game single player lately with thst snd jsut finishing the two really good SP modes in Soul Calibur 6.

Super bummed about no Metroid announcements at the VGAs.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #8030
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Pokťmon just isn’t my cup of tea.
Don’t you wanna be the very best, like no one ever was? I guess you don’t feel that to catch them is your real test, to train them is your cause? I suppose that also means you won’t travel across the land, searching far and wide. You don’t want to teach Pokťmon to understand the power that's inside.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:55 AM   #8031
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Sold my launch switch back in august. Got full price for it, and my game collection, so I couldn't really say no to the offer. Picked up a new one during the Black Friday sale at Gamestop, and have been having a ton of fun having it back. Smash and Mario Kart 8 are both new to me, but I'm really craving Zelda, Xenoblade, Pokemon, and several others. Definitely enjoy having it back!
Thanks given by:
Diesel (12-10-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 09:15 AM   #8032
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Question, do many of you honestly take advantage of the on the go aspect of the Switch? I just wonder because while that sounded cool to me back when the system was introduced, in practice I never use it that way. Unless you're a child who doesnt drive or you travel a lot with your job or you live in a metropolitan area and take public transportation, why would you ever play your Switch undocked? I think the only time I've ever used it off the dock was once when I was going to the crapper.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #8033
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

I play in table top mode because unfortunately I'm not the only one that wants to use the TV.

So when the OH wants to use the TV I just slide it out and prop it up against my laptop and continue playing.

Other than that I've never used it anywhere other than docked to my TV.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #8034
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Question, do many of you honestly take advantage of the on the go aspect of the Switch? I just wonder because while that sounded cool to me back when the system was introduced, in practice I never use it that way. Unless you're a child who doesnt drive or you travel a lot with your job or you live in a metropolitan area and take public transportation, why would you ever play your Switch undocked? I think the only time I've ever used it off the dock was once when I was going to the crapper.
I often play on the toilet. Also during family get togethers (such as Thanksgiving), Iíll play my Switch in handheld with earphones in while everyone else is watching football on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I play in table top mode because unfortunately I'm not the only one that wants to use the TV.

So when the OH wants to use the TV I just slide it out and prop it up against my laptop and continue playing.

Other than that I've never used it anywhere other than docked to my TV.
Wouldnít handheld be more comfortable for your eyes? That way you can hold the screen closer to your face. Such a tiny screen, granted itís larger than the 3DS but itís still tiny.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #8035
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
I have to play undocked. Having a family unfortunately means you have no time for gaming at home What little time I do have I play the PS4. I get an hour lunch break at work so gaming on the Switch during that time requires me to play it undocked.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #8036
Blu-ray Duke

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
-
-
-

Quote:
I mostly play my Switch in docked mode, but sometimes if I am watching something on TV like a sporting event or a movie that I've seen already, I will turn the volume down on my Switch and play it undocked looking up at the TV every once in a while. What can I say? Sometimes I multitask.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:05 PM   #8037
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I often play on the toilet. Also during family get togethers (such as Thanksgiving), Iíll play my Switch in handheld with earphones in while everyone else is watching football on TV.

Wouldnít handheld be more comfortable for your eyes? That way you can hold the screen closer to your face. Such a tiny screen, granted itís larger than the 3DS but itís still tiny.
Trouble is, my thumbs cramp after 15minutes trying to play handheld. The buttons are way too close to the edge to let play comfortably for any period of time.

Plus in table top mode I can get synchronised catches on lets go
Old 12-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #8038
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Trouble is, my thumbs cramp after 15minutes trying to play handheld. The buttons are way too close to the edge to let play comfortably for any period of time.

Plus in table top mode I can get synchronised catches on lets go
That's my problem. I have big hands and to me, it's just not comfortable playing in handheld mode.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #8039
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Not very often for me either. Just on some long flights and occasionally when half watching sports on the tv. It’s just me and the wife and home and we have two 55” TVs so I never have to fight for screen time. Also occasionally some of the NES games or indies with retro graphics that don't look good blown up on a big HDTV. I rarely play those though.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 12-11-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #8040
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
I completely forgot what email address I used when setting up the UK account. (I have a US, UK, and Japanese account for eShop purposes)

When I check on the Switch, it just lists the first two letters in the email address. I have no idea what it is though, none of the ones I have written down start with those two letters. I must have forgotten to write it down after making it. All I know is it's a gmail account.

There is a chance I used my main email address as the "backup" on gmail. Is there any way to check all accounts using my main as the backup?
The people at Nintendo UK are really bloody stupid, arenít they mate? I explained to them that I did not remember the email address associated with my UK account and this was their reply:

How can I tell them the email address if I donít remember it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switchô